Express Transport Price Increase

freewill

Mouseketeer
The cost of express transportation went up slightly today--to $19 for one day and $29 for a week.

Thanks for the update. Even though it's a slight increase for the one day, the psychological impact of an "increase" is preventing my wife from letting me utilize the service now for our park hopping challenge in 2 weeks! She thought I was crazy in the first place for considering it. Darn you Disney! You couldn't leave the daily price alone or at least waited a few more weeks... Now I'll have to use the boat from EP to HS and probably a cab from HS to AK and AK to MK. It will end up cheaper using 2 cabs than paying roughly $20 each for the day. Yes Disney, we will all mentally round the number up to $20 instead of the actual $19 now....argh!!!

That didn't take them long to raise the prices.

No kidding!

Priced at $15 per person per day ($24 per person for multi-day use), Express Bus Transportation will pick guests up from inside of the Walt Disney World Theme Parks and then utilize backstage areas to reach destinations faster. The busses only provide service between the 4 theme parks. Annual passholders and cast members can only purchase one-day service.

A $5 increase per person for the multi-day pass since December? It's a shame you can't buy them in advance. Who knows what the price will be by the time I go in May! (And I think it's awful that AP passholders can only purchase one-day passes!)

TC :cool1:

21% and 27% increase is not "slight" in my view. Disney needs more people using it to cover their costs, not fewer. My guess is they underestimated their costs; that or they just want to see how high they can raise the price without significantly reducing demand.

Most reports I've seen from users is that usage has not been high. I think usage will increase as more people become aware of the feature and Disney could market it a little better. Of course, raising the prices has the opposite effect.

We are considering purchasing during our next visit but most of our hopping includes a mid-day break. As the price goes up our decision gets easier to make.

No kidding!

Priced at $15 per person per day ($24 per person for multi-day use), Express Bus Transportation will pick guests up from inside of the Walt Disney World Theme Parks and then utilize backstage areas to reach destinations faster. The busses only provide service between the 4 theme parks. Annual passholders and cast members can only purchase one-day service.

A $5 increase per person for the multi-day pass since December? It's a shame you can't buy them in advance. Who knows what the price will be by the time I go in May! (And I think it's awful that AP passholders can only purchase one-day passes!)

TC :cool1:
Can you tell me where the AP limit to a daily ticket is coming from? I called Guest Svcs and AP Svcs - they both said AP can purchase the Multi-Day ticket...plus the Disney World Go site doesn't have any limit information.

Can you tell me where the AP limit to a daily ticket is coming from? I called Guest Svcs and AP Svcs - they both said AP can purchase the Multi-Day ticket...plus the Disney World Go site doesn't have any limit information.

A person at work has the annual pass and they were able to pay the weekly charge. This was at Christmas time

Thanks for the update. Even though it's a slight increase for the one day, the psychological impact of an "increase" is preventing my wife from letting me utilize the service now for our park hopping challenge in 2 weeks! She thought I was crazy in the first place for considering it. Darn you Disney! You couldn't leave the daily price alone or at least waited a few more weeks... Now I'll have to use the boat from EP to HS and probably a cab from HS to AK and AK to MK. It will end up cheaper using 2 cabs than paying roughly $20 each for the day. Yes Disney, we will all mentally round the number up to $20 instead of the actual $19 now....argh!!!

I wish that the price point was set when they introduced this service. Raising it a few months out is a problem, IMO.

Now with that said, I would still consider using the service rather than cabs to scoot between parks. I figure it is about $12 per day per cab ride and then tip, so you are up to roughly 24 pus yout tip, and you now have to go through the park entrance process again.

We're doing a few days pre and post cruise so although we consider this just one trip, it is outside the 7 days. Bummer, 4 people at $19/day isn't going to fly with the DH.

We're doing a few days pre and post cruise so although we consider this just one trip, it is outside the 7 days. Bummer, 4 people at $19/day isn't going to fly with the DH.
You wouldn't have to pay the daily rate for the whole time. I think you could pay the weekly rate for the 1st 7 days, and then pay either the daily rate or a second weekly rate for the additional days, whichever is cheaper.

You wouldn't have to pay the daily rate for the whole time. I think you could pay the weekly rate for the 1st 7 days, and then pay either the daily rate or a second weekly rate for the additional days, whichever is cheaper.

We are doing 3 days before a 7 day cruise and 3 after. As we have it set up now at the most we would be hopping would be 1 out of 3 and then 2 out of 3. We stay Epcot area with dinners in the WS, so even on the days we would be park hopping it still wouldn't be a great deal for those days. For longer more trips, maybe.

We are doing 3 days before a 7 day cruise and 3 after. As we have it set up now at the most we would be hopping would be 1 out of 3 and then 2 out of 3. We stay Epcot area with dinners in the WS, so even on the days we would be park hopping it still wouldn't be a great deal for those days. For longer more trips, maybe.
Right, probably not worth it. I was thinking on a 3 or 4 day cruise, where the week might slop over onto both ends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter