Express Plus?

Creatively Obsessed

Earning My Ears
Going to WWOHP just before Thanksgiving. Was thinking of getting the Express Plus pass untill I saw they cost $40 per person per day!!!!! Do you think we will need them? Any way to get them at a discount?

If you are staying onsite at one of the three Universal hotels, Unlimited Express access is included in your room rate.

From what I've read, the price of the pass fluctuates based on the anticipated crowd levels - the more people they expect in the park, the more expensive it is to buy an express pass (because there will be more demand for them). For example, the week I'm going in October, they must be expecting relatively low crowds, the express passes are only $25/per day for both parks together. My assumption is, the more expensive the Express passes are, the more likely you'll need them.

You might want to think about which rides/attractions are most important to you, and be sure those things participate in Express before purchasing. Not all of the rides and shows have an Express line. Some rides also have a single rider line, which can shorten your wait if you are willing to split up your group. ETA: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey and Ollivanders Wand Shop do not have an Express line.

You also might consider how many days you'll have at the park and how long you're willing to wait in line. If you have a few days and do not mind waiting, maybe the Express pass is not necessary. If you are only going on one day, and want to be absolutely sure you can do everything, you might want to go ahead and purchase the pass.

You can check the crowd levels thread to see what others have posted about those dates last year. Good luck!

If you are staying onsite at one of the three Universal hotels, Unlimited Express access is included in your room rate.

From what I've read, the price of the pass fluctuates based on the anticipated crowd levels - the more people they expect in the park, the more expensive it is to buy an express pass (because there will be more demand for them). For example, the week I'm going in October, they must be expecting relatively low crowds, the express passes are only $25/per day for both parks together. My assumption is, the more expensive the Express passes are, the more likely you'll need them.

You might want to think about which rides/attractions are most important to you, and be sure those things participate in Express before purchasing. Not all of the rides and shows have an Express line. Some rides also have a single rider line, which can shorten your wait if you are willing to split up your group. ETA: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey and Ollivanders Wand Shop do not have an Express line.

You also might consider how many days you'll have at the park and how long you're willing to wait in line. If you have a few days and do not mind waiting, maybe the Express pass is not necessary. If you are only going on one day, and want to be absolutely sure you can do everything, you might want to go ahead and purchase the pass.

You can check the crowd levels thread to see what others have posted about those dates last year. Good luck!

Good post. :thumbsup2

If I may, let me add a couple of points to round it out.

- There are only three attractions that don't accept Universal Express. They are Forbidden Journey and Pteranadon Flyers at Islands of Adventure, and Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit at the Studios. You are correct to point out Ollivander's as well, also in WWoHP in IoA, though for some reason it's usually not noted along with these three.

- Except on the absolute busiest of days, you can wait to buy Universal Express passes until you are in the park and can judge their worth to you intelligently, rather than deciding based solely on crowd predictions. Once you buy them, they are non-refundable and date-specific.

Thanks for your input! I think we will hold off for now and hope we dont have to spend another $80 just so we dont have to wait in long lines.

I am a little disappointed that Universal does not have more options out there for those on a budget. This few day trip for just my daughter and I is going to cost as much as on site Disney did for a week at Christmas and/or Spring Break for our family of 6. But she loves Harry Potter :0)

Thanks for your input! I think we will hold off for now and hope we dont have to spend another $80 just so we dont have to wait in long lines.

I am a little disappointed that Universal does not have more options out there for those on a budget. This few day trip for just my daughter and I is going to cost as much as on site Disney did for a week at Christmas and/or Spring Break for our family of 6. But she loves Harry Potter :0)

Where are you staying? For a lot of people, they find that a single night onsite can be a major bonus. The Hotels on site are EXTREMELY nice (Some would argue better than Disney Deluxe hotels), and for a single onsite night you automatically would receive 2 days of unlimited express (check in day and check out day). Depending on when you are planning to go and what your budget looks like, This could be a great deal for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter