Express Pass Questions

Nittany

Disney is my happy place.
We will be staying onsite at a premiere hotel for our first UO trip. I apologize for all the questions. I do appreciate the input and answers. Am I understanding it correctly that our express unlimited passes will be our hotel room key? If this is true, does each member of our party get a room key or does one room key works for everyone in our party (2 adults, 1 child)? Will this have to be pulled out each time we want to use it?

Also, we purchased annual seasonal passes will this be a card too?

Trying to figure out the best way to have this accessible at any time during our visit. Do most people use lanyards?

We will be staying onsite at a premiere hotel for our first UO trip. I apologize for all the questions. I do appreciate the input and answers. Am I understanding it correctly that our express unlimited passes will be our hotel room key? If this is true, does each member of our party get a room key or does one room key works for everyone in our party (2 adults, 1 child)? Will this have to be pulled out each time we want to use it?

Also, we purchased annual seasonal passes will this be a card too?

Trying to figure out the best way to have this accessible at any time during our visit. Do most people use lanyards?
Yes, each person gets a room key. Yes, it has to be shown each time. My annual pass has always been a card, and your ticket/AP needs to be scanned when you enter the park and when getting in line for Hogwarts Express. Ticket is also used to get/reopen ride lockers. Many people do use lanyards. Your EP room key can be scanned through a clear one.

Definitely recommend lanyards for each person in your party. We keep our park ticket on one side (facing out) and our room key on the other side (facing out). It also keeps them dry on water rides. You will need your park ticket to access ride lockers, and they do permit lanyards on all rides so this is another easy and secure way to keep your tickets on you so you can re-open your lockers after the ride.

I suggest purchasing lanyards from Universal. There's cheaper ones on Amazon, but the Universal ones are good quality and all of the plastic pouches are the right size. They will also replace the pouches if they rip. Lots of Universal themes and patterns to choose from. Also, some have a three prong buckle on them in case you ever need to disconnect the pouch.

Definitely recommend lanyards for each person in your party. We keep our park ticket on one side (facing out) and our room key on the other side (facing out). It also keeps them dry on water rides. You will need your park ticket to access ride lockers, and they do permit lanyards on all rides so this is another easy and secure way to keep your tickets on you so you can re-open your lockers after the ride.

I suggest purchasing lanyards from Universal. There's cheaper ones on Amazon, but the Universal ones are good quality and all of the plastic pouches are the right size. They will also replace the pouches if they rip. Lots of Universal themes and patterns to choose from. Also, some have a three prong buckle on them in case you ever need to disconnect the pouch.

I assume the room keys and tickets are standard credit card size?

In the lanyard you get, make sure the plastic has a ziploc top. It keeps it secure AND from getting wet in a water ride.
We aren't as interested in photos now with the masks. But, we'd bought an annual photopass pre-lockdown that is still active. The photopass cards are paper.

We have DH, aka our Sherpa, wear all our passes. You need your ticket/pass to open a locker and they only want one person from each group to go to the locker area. So, we found it handy for DH to wear one lanyard with multiple plastic pouches each with a pass in it. We needed more one locker usually. They are small.

I found nice lanyards at Five Below, they had the ziplock pouch and big enough for park pass, hotel key and our club level card.
they also had Harry Potter and marvel themed ones

I found nice lanyards at Five Below, they had the ziplock pouch and big enough for park pass, hotel key and our club level card.
they also had Harry Potter and marvel themed ones

Great tip! I am going to check this out at our local shop! I was shocked to see how much Universal wants for them!

We purchased lanyards from various places, DH supports an EU footaball team, DS wanted Pokemon etc. We found some neat ones on Etsy.

The plastic card holders I just got a pack off of Amazon. Everyone's pass and room key went into it's own pouch which was then put on their own lanyard. I had a photo pass card I wore, and I think one other kid had one as "mama doesn't do the coasters".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter