Express pass and room key

Lanyards are no guarantee of not losing your pass, though.

We went down for a short trip last month, and I had my lanyard snatched off while riding Mummy. We were on the back row, so it flew out backwards onto the track somewhere. It had my AP and EP in it. When I mentioned it to the TM, she told me that they would "sweep" through the ride after the park closed, and it should be at lost and found the next morning. I went the next morning and had to get a new AP issued to even get to lost and found, which is inside the gates. They didn't have it, and I've heard absolutely nothing from Universal since then. Since it had my AP in it, they have my contact information.

Lanyards are no guarantee of not losing your pass, though.

We went down for a short trip last month, and I had my lanyard snatched off while riding Mummy. We were on the back row, so it flew out backwards onto the track somewhere. It had my AP and EP in it. When I mentioned it to the TM, she told me that they would "sweep" through the ride after the park closed, and it should be at lost and found the next morning. I went the next morning and had to get a new AP issued to even get to lost and found, which is inside the gates. They didn't have it, and I've heard absolutely nothing from Universal since then. Since it had my AP in it, they have my contact information.

So sorry to hear that, DisBuckMan. I always try to tuck my lanyard on any kind of "fast" ride. Not sure if I had been doing that at Mummy or not. Will definitely be doing it in the future.

So sorry to hear that, DisBuckMan. I always try to tuck my lanyard on any kind of "fast" ride. Not sure if I had been doing that at Mummy or not. Will definitely be doing it in the future.

We always tuck our lanyards in for every fast ride......even MIB........never lost a lanyard yet.......11 years and counting..........

A question - we are actually staying at Sapphire Falls and buying EP (just the way the total pricing worked out vs. room options). We will be buying a combo park ticket / EP.

How would it work for us, could the EP be linked to room key or will it be a separate card?

Lastly, if we are doing 2 days at UO, then a day at WDW, and a final day (half day) at UO.. can we get away with a 3 day UO pass or do the 3 EP days need to be consecutive?

I was told, with my ticket, I have to use all 5 days within 14 days from the date of the first usage. I believe other tickets are 7 days.

A question - we are actually staying at Sapphire Falls and buying EP (just the way the total pricing worked out vs. room options). We will be buying a combo park ticket / EP.

How would it work for us, could the EP be linked to room key or will it be a separate card?

Lastly, if we are doing 2 days at UO, then a day at WDW, and a final day (half day) at UO.. can we get away with a 3 day UO pass or do the 3 EP days need to be consecutive?

Your EP will be separate from your room key........Universal and Loews are two separate entities. It’s no big deal though........thin cards that don’t take any room or effort to carry around.

You should be fine with the tickets.

Sorry if answered elsewhere but why the change back to the room key as the EP? When I first stayed in 2010 this was the way it was done but when we went next in 2014 it was the picture and card and has been on our subsequent visits.

We had that question before and someone answered it.
Now I can't remember that answer........lol

I'll post again if I can remember it..
Meantime, I will do a search for it

Sorry if answered elsewhere but why the change back to the room key as the EP? When I first stayed in 2010 this was the way it was done but when we went next in 2014 it was the picture and card and has been on our subsequent visits.

We were told that the machines were down so often that it was becoming an issue with some people having them and some people not. They figured they would just not use them until they get their facial recognition system worked out. Apparently they were using that on MIB today.

We saw the facial recognition system being used on many rides beginning of December.

Spider-Man, Mummy, Trolley ride in the Sky, Doom and least one other I’m sure........

When I was there in October, took a pass on the face recognition set up

Opted out

Of course when the entire park will operate that way, no choic but to comply then

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter