Explain like I’m five...Poly and CCV

ChimneyJim

Mouseketeer
Ok I’m a total rookie with this. We are still on RoFR for our first contract. I was trying to explain to my wife the challenge for owners at these two resorts with the cabins/bungalows and points but failing miserably. I think it’s because I don’t understand it myself. Anyone want to lay it out for us please?

There are a set # of points sold at each resort and they represent 365 days of points at each unit in the resort. So given the point cost of each bungalow for rent, disney could sell a lot of points. However if no one uses their points in bungalows, then too many points are chasing after the studios. For example, if disney sells 1m points at poly and 500k are attributed to the bungalows, but only 100k of those points are used in bungalows, then you have 900k points going after 500k worth of studios, driving up demand.

This happens at all resorts as studios are the midst sought after...but it is particularly impacting at poly and copper creek because they cost soo many pts and no one uses them

However due to the Poly being 100% studios, not counting the bungalows of course, they don't have the same problem with limited inventory that CCV does. CCV is literally the hardest place to get a Studio, EVEN at 11 months, not counting values and Club levels at AK, which are very limited. DO NOT buy CCV if you want to stay primarily in a Studio.

Literally, it's like 26 cabins at CCV, and a max booking total of something like, 74 studios, including every lock-off that is part of a 2BR. The number is dank.

The poly is 4 million points in total. 3 million for the studios, 1 million for the Bungalows.

Now, some people did buy Poly for the bungalows, but nowhere near 25% of the people!

Worst case, and to illustrate the point, assume everyone bought with the idea of staying at the studios. 4 million points are competing for 3 million points worth of inventory. Basically like 4 people are competing for 3 rooms.

Of course it isn't quite that bad, but that is the best way I can explain it simply. Now the poly does have a lot of studios, so it mitigates the problem some. CCV has WAAAAAAAY fewer studios, so it exacerbates the problem.

I would not buy CCV with the intent on staying in a studio, unless I was doing a fixed week - and planned on using it.

At the poly, you would probably be ok if you booked at 11 months, as many in DVC just can not do that for one reason or another. So, if you are on line at 8 AM, 11 months out, the Poly will probably be fine. CCV - much the VGF - not even close to a guarantee

Last edited:
At the poly, you would probably be ok if you booked at 11 months, as many in DVC just can not do that for one reason or another. So, if you are on line at 8 AM, 11 months out, the Poly will probably be fine. CCV - much the VGF - not even close to a guarantee
I would not want first two weeks of December at any of these resorts without a fixed week.

Sorry, but you're all missing the point with your information, backup data and well reasoned arguments. :) The title of the thread says to explain to the OP as if he was five. So here goes:

The Poly and CCV are like a tray of cupcakes for a classroom birthday party. There are 20 kids in the class and 20 cupcakes on the tray. 15 of the cupcakes are chocolate with chocolate frosting. 5 of them are bran muffins. Now maybe one kid loves bran muffins, but that still leaves four that will be sorely disappointed. That's owning at the Poly or CCV as a five year old. :)

Mongo like candy!

there are 1,000 people (fake numbers) who own at copper creek.

There are points that equate to 700 people worth of rooms that are cabins., 100 worth of 2 bed room, 100 worth of 1 bed room, and worth of 100 studios.

Problem is, 575 people want a studio, 300 want a 1br, 100 want a 2 bedroom, and 25 want the cabin.

Ok I’m a total rookie with this. We are still on RoFR for our first contract. I was trying to explain to my wife the challenge for owners at these two resorts with the cabins/bungalows and points but failing miserably. I think it’s because I don’t understand it myself. Anyone want to lay it out for us please?

Think of it like a restaurant, that sells hot dogs (studios) and basically only hot dogs. Due to budgeting, they decide to sell hot dog certificates (points) good for 2020 and they will only accept reservations and food orders from people who pre purchased certificates. They calculate that if they fill every seat in the place, every day, and everyone buys a hot dog, they will need to sell 10000 hot dog certificates as that as how many hot dogs they could serve in a year. Only the owner, he wants more money than 10000 certificates, so he adds a prime dry aged steak to the menu. Instead of making it have its own certificate, he says its worth 20 hot dog certificates. He prebuys his 10000 hot dogs, and adds 100 steaks to his order. He also sells an extra 2000 hot dog certificates to account for the steaks In theory, he has the perfect amount of food, to match the 12000 certificates he has sold.

But this is a hot dog restaurant, no one orders the steak. So 12000 hot dog certificates are out there, but he only owns 10000 hot dogs. Bottom line is that 2000 people who bought certificates expecting hot dogs, won't be able to order any because availability is gone.

Think of it like a restaurant, that sells hot dogs (studios) and basically only hot dogs. Due to budgeting, they decide to sell hot dog certificates (points) good for 2020 and they will only accept reservations and food orders from people who pre purchased certificates. They calculate that if they fill every seat in the place, every day, and everyone buys a hot dog, they will need to sell 10000 hot dog certificates as that as how many hot dogs they could serve in a year. Only the owner, he wants more money than 10000 certificates, so he adds a prime dry aged steak to the menu. Instead of making it have its own certificate, he says its worth 20 hot dog certificates. He prebuys his 10000 hot dogs, and adds 100 steaks to his order. He also sells an extra 2000 hot dog certificates to account for the steaks In theory, he has the perfect amount of food, to match the 12000 certificates he has sold.

But this is a hot dog restaurant, no one orders the steak. So 12000 hot dog certificates are out there, but he only owns 10000 hot dogs. Bottom line is that 2000 people who bought certificates expecting hot dogs, won't be able to order any because availability is gone.

:faint:

However due to the Poly being 100% studios, not counting the bungalows of course, they don't have the same problem with limited inventory that CCV does. CCV is literally the hardest place to get a Studio, EVEN at 11 months, not counting values and Club levels at AK, which are very limited. DO NOT buy CCV if you want to stay primarily in a Studio.
Well it would be better to buy a fixed week at CCV if one wants to stay in a studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter