Expiring points and options

luckyman_apd

DIS Veteran
So....covid screwed us all (some more than others... I still have my life and health) but as far as everything else....there were some winners and losers in the reopening process and points borrowing and we unfortunately were losers. We rolled with the punches but here's where were at. Due to vacations we had planned using borrowed points....the resorts reopened before the parks and they did not allow us to put borrowed points back because the resorts were open to use (despite the fact that travel quarantines didn't allow us to actually go if we even wanted to at that time) so..the points from the 2020 use year we were able to bank to 2021 and we had to make due and use the 2021 points we had borrowed in during the fall. We had fun. No complaints no rants.... It was what it was and we enjoyed ourselves.
Current situation at hand. I have 103 points expiring May 2022...but we want to travel June/July 2022 (yes we have a June UY). I'm thinking my current options are this to be able to use those 103 point in 2022 UY as this... getting extremely lucky on the rent trade forums with someone willing to take my points and use them during the timeframe I'm not going to use and swap for other points of theirs to use during my timeframe.....or try David's to rent out my points and just turn that $ around and rent points from David's for some of the nights I want to go in 2022.

I'm pretty well versed in DVC rules... I know I'm not technically using my expiring points after they expire...just kind of an analogy of what I'm looking to do. David's seems like the most logical option depending on what I can get $ wise for my points and the cost option to use someone else's. The only thing I've ever really done with other members is point transfers in and out as each member retains control. But when dealing with banked points...transfer options go out the window.

Current situation at hand. I have 103 points expiring May 2022...but we want to travel June/July 2022 (yes we have a June UY).

Assuming that I am understanding your question:

103 pts expire at the end of your 2021 UY - you are not traveling during the remainder of your 2021 UY - so yes, rent them as soon as possible to get value from them.

Make adjustments as needed for your 2022 UY but the faster you rent those 2021 UY pts out, the more options you have and the more value you can hope to receive...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter