Experience with the reopening of It’s A Small World nursery question.

scassabria

SCassabria
Would love to hear anyone’s experience with the reopening of It’s a Small World nursery. We are cruising to Alaska next month and would love to know what the limitations are other than it needs to be booked onboard.

Is the nursery open yet? Still looks like it's closed when I look online. I may be missing something though.

Is the nursery open yet? Still looks like it's closed when I look online. I may be missing something though.
It's open on this weeks sailing of the Fantasy as reported by cruisers on board. But yes it still says it's closed on the DCL website so you're not missing anything. I'm not sure why they haven't changed that yet. (Maybe cause it isn't all 4 ships yet?) I am sailing on Saturday and know several people going right to the nursery when we board to book in time slots.

I used it this week on the dream. It worked the same as usual ..book on board, we made most reservations the first day but also dropped him by once without a reservation (this depends on space). It was $9/hour.
We did have a pretty major issue on our last day where our son had a serious injury to his eye while in the care of the nursery. He is 12 months old and pulled up on a drawer under the tv that was not child proofed/locked and it fell on his eye. We spent the entire last day applying ice packs/canceled activities etc. Nursery staff seems to still be training and honestly it was not handled well. I’m hopeful that the service will continue to improve as the staff is trained.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I'm so sorry for you!! Hate that it was not handled well. Kind of makes me sad to think Disney didn't have their usual excellent service especially for something like that! Hope he gets better quickly.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I'm so sorry for you!! Hate that it was not handled well. Kind of makes me sad to think Disney didn't have their usual excellent service especially for something like that! Hope he gets better quickly.
It was…unfortunate. The staff that informed us really downplayed the incident and when I asked for more information about what exactly happened they were very defensive / seemed worried about legal action which was not my intent at all. I was just worried about my son and wanted details. They told me they’d refund the nursery charges but then didn’t..I had to ask twice and ultimately wait in line at guest services at 11pm on the last night to get it refunded. Otherwise nobody called to check in or see how he was doing and nobody really did anything to be honest. He couldn’t even open his eye until the next morning it was swollen shut and still has a golf ball size welt on the eye brow. We just took him to our pediatrician as soon as we got home. Not the greatest ending to a vacation and not a great advertisement for Disney service/care. We were pretty disappointed.

It was…unfortunate. The staff that informed us really downplayed the incident and when I asked for more information about what exactly happened they were very defensive / seemed worried about legal action which was not my intent at all. I was just worried about my son and wanted details. They told me they’d refund the nursery charges but then didn’t..I had to ask twice and ultimately wait in line at guest services at 11pm on the last night to get it refunded. Otherwise nobody called to check in or see how he was doing and nobody really did anything to be honest. He couldn’t even open his eye until the next morning it was swollen shut and still has a golf ball size welt on the eye brow. We just took him to our pediatrician as soon as we got home. Not the greatest ending to a vacation and not a great advertisement for Disney service/care. We were pretty disappointed.
Wow, I am surprised they didn’t have their own medical staff follow up.

In 2019, our granddaughter was one year old and stumbled against the stateroom wall as she adjusted to life at sea. She had a bruise on her forehead and when we took her to the nursery, they asked the medical team to look at it (no charge), we hadn’t worried about it at all.

Oh my goodness I am so excited about this. Wasn't sure if it would be open for our Europe cruise!

For those of you that booked once you got onboard--could you please tell me where you went to book your nursery sessions? We've never used the nursery but now have a little one in the family and will be sailing during the summer so can't prebook before. I didn't know if you went to the nursery or guest services to book once onboard? Thanks so much for all your help!

For those of you that booked once you got onboard--could you please tell me where you went to book your nursery sessions? We've never used the nursery but now have a little one in the family and will be sailing during the summer so can't prebook before. I didn't know if you went to the nursery or guest services to book once onboard? Thanks so much for all your help!
You can do it through the dcl app.

We went straight to the nursery to book. On the Wonder at least the lead CM in the nursery had been with DCL for at least 8 years (he was on the last wonder sailing I was on and we knew a mutual cast member) and they were fantastic with my 2yo. They were so excited to be back in the nursery Tipo was so excited to be back in his Small World Nursery uniform (he had been in Oceanears Club/Lab since the restart)

We went straight to the nursery to book. On the Wonder at least the lead CM in the nursery had been with DCL for at least 8 years (he was on the last wonder sailing I was on and we knew a mutual cast member) and they were fantastic with my 2yo. They were so excited to be back in the nursery Tipo was so excited to be back in his Small World Nursery uniform (he had been in Oceanears Club/Lab since the restart)
Did your 2 year old have to wear a mask in the nursery?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter