experience of fidgety kids sharing a bed?

b4ley78

Earning My Ears
well really as it says , we are staying at the Newport bay and the room will be two doubles which never crossed my mind as a issue but as time gets closer and things go through my mind I am wondering how the kids will cope - they are 5 and 6 but both fidget in their sleep ....how have others got on ?
Cant put one in with DH and one with me as DH wears a brace on his arm at night and may accidently hit them with it during the night ( I am used to it!! ) .....only other option is to take a ready bed and put on floor but will add weight to case ( we are flying from manchester ) and also will there be room?? Advice from experience appreciated!!

My two always sleep in the same bed on our holidays the beds are large so not too bad. i found they are always so tired that very little time for fidgets to cause problems.:)

well really as it says , we are staying at the Newport bay and the room will be two doubles which never crossed my mind as a issue but as time gets closer and things go through my mind I am wondering how the kids will cope - they are 5 and 6 but both fidget in their sleep ....how have others got on ?
Cant put one in with DH and one with me as DH wears a brace on his arm at night and may accidently hit them with it during the night ( I am used to it!! ) .....only other option is to take a ready bed and put on floor but will add weight to case ( we are flying from manchester ) and also will there be room?? Advice from experience appreciated!!

There's plenty of space in the rooms for a ready bed if you were to go that route - we quite regularly take one for DB and this has worked really well.

As for weight - I guess it depends on how heavily you pack but we're usually fine with the little bed that we take.

My 2 girls are both "Kickers" when they sleep. Also, my 3yr old tends to sleep across the bed!! I was worried how we were going to cope. But, they were both SO exhausted by the time they went to bed, they, or should I say WE, were all zonked out. So they slept quite soundly and when there was the odd "kick", the other one would just turn over :rotfl:

These things really do tend to play on your mind before you go, but I know it's easy to say, but once you're there, you'll be fine :)

Have a fantastic holiday:yay:

Hmm....this might not be what you want to hear!
Our only experience of this was at the Disneyland Hotel. By 10.30 pm DS still wasn't asleep because DH was snoring. By 11.30 he told me DD kept hitting him as she was flailing around in her sleep. So I made him up a bed on the floor with the thick bedcovers we'd flung off. Fine for the rest of the night. The second night he goes straight to sleep on the floor but in the middle of the night I'm woken by this little voice calling for me and I can't find him until I spot a pair of feet sticking out from under the double bed. He'd wriggled under there completely in his sleep and only woken because he couldn't turn his head. I had to pull him out by his feet. I was awake worried for the rest of the night that he'd had some terrible traumatic experience that would make him claustrophobic for the rest of his life, and he went straight back to sleep. I should add he was 7 at the time, not a little toddler!
So if it were me, I'd take a ready bed!

In my experience I'd love to book a higher grade hotel but can't. I've got a 13 year old and a five year old that DO NOT get on in the bed. Though DD falls straight to sleep usually, with Dtr in the bed it goes all out the window. They kick, moan, argue who's got the most and fight over the cover. One likes it and one doesn't! We always go in the Hotel Cheyenne due to the bunk beds :thumbsup2.

Before DD came along we stayed at the Sequoia Lodge, this was a double bed set up and there was ample room to place a ready bed in there, I'm presuming that your hotel will be the same :confused3

When we've flown before we've taken the bed as hand luggage - maybe this would be an option?

We always use a ready bed for Max and have never had a problem with him disappearing off under the beds or anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter