Expedition Everest and the Hair Bands

SamIAm21

Mickey's #1 Fan
Okay, I hope someone else has seen this, but I'm not sure how anyone could miss it! When you get the top of Everest at the ripped up track and you sit there for a moment or two, I couldn't help but notice a large collection of hair bands just thrown on the mountain cliff right there. Is there some significance to this? I admit, I think it looks tacky, but I'm not sure if there's a particular reason why they are there.

Any thoughts?

Very common discussion on these boards for years, now.

No significance.
Guests see them. Guests throw more.
Guests remember them from last time. Guests throw more.
Disney cleans them out. Guests throw more.

I did a search, but didn't see any previous discussions. Thanks for responding and letting me know that its just quirkiness on the part of Disney guests. I figured a couple good thunderstorms would disperse them as well. It happens in my neighborhood with gym shoes on telephone wires. Just random quirkiness I guess!

The same thing happens every year at Kings Island on the Beast. It gets annoying to see by the end of the season.

There is another hair band spot in Blizzard Beach. I can't remember where but it is just like you described. Tons and tons of hair bands.

There is another hair band spot in Blizzard Beach. I can't remember where but it is just like you described. Tons and tons of hair bands.
They throw them from the "Ski Lift" just before disembarking.:)

Last edited:
It happens in my neighborhood with gym shoes on telephone wires.

Per reference.com:

"Some youth perform shoe tossing simply because they have witnessed others do it. For others, it is a symbol of a prime drug-dealing location, gang representation or death."

Just about every theme park or amusement park we've been to has this. The roof of the building next to the lift hill on the Voyage in Holiday World had so many back in October that you could have mummified a dozen people with them.

Disney cleans them off pretty regularly but when you have thousands of people a day it can get dirty again pretty quickly. I really wish people didn't do this as it is not great to look at. Of course I'm sure I did something stupid as a teenager at the local amusement park simply because other kids had done it so when a kid or teen does it I'm a little more forgiving. What pisses me off is when I see grown adults who should know better do it. No this is not a cute little Disney moment you can instagram it is littering.

Okay, I hope someone else has seen this, but I'm not sure how anyone could miss it! When you get the top of Everest at the ripped up track and you sit there for a moment or two, I couldn't help but notice a large collection of hair bands just thrown on the mountain cliff right there. Is there some significance to this? I admit, I think it looks tacky, but I'm not sure if there's a particular reason why they are there.

Any thoughts?
Yetis don't find hair bands edible. It's sort of like how we remove the twist-tie from the bag around a loaf of bread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter