Expedition - back seat seat protector?

bas71873

DIS Veteran
I am getting ready to purchase an Expedition, however, I worry about the car seat on the leather? My DD is 4 so she's still in a booster (the one with the back that detaches, but the back is still on). Oh, and it the second row bench seat, not a captain's chair. I'm thinking just a thick beach towel under the car seat to protect the leather, but has anyone found something they like better?

Thanks.

I am getting ready to purchase an Expedition, however, I worry about the car seat on the leather? My DD is 4 so she's still in a booster (the one with the back that detaches, but the back is still on). Oh, and it the second row bench seat, not a captain's chair. I'm thinking just a thick beach towel under the car seat to protect the leather, but has anyone found something they like better?

Thanks.

Actually I have. A beach towel isn't much good...not sure what kind of seat is in the Expedition but these work well and CHEAP...

http://www.leapsandbounds.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=346756&cmSource=Search

Some more....seat protectors....

http://www.leapsandbounds.com/catalog/search.jsp?N=0&Nty=1&Ntk=Def&Ntx=mode%20matchpartialmax&Ntt=Seat%20protector

We found that a towel under the seat on the leather made it easy for the car seat to slip around once they were using it as a booster and not belted into the car and the child belted to the seat. The booster won't "dig" into the leather the way a regular car seat that you tighten down will but a seat protector would be better than a towel if you still want to use something.

I also have an Expedition and bought the Graco seat potector at Target for 2 car seats. I've seen them at Babies R' Us as well.

The leather that they put in Fords is pretty durable however we got a Graco seat cover for ours just incase. We got ours at babies R us.

The only thing ever recommended to go under a carseat is rubber shelf liner. Aftermarket products will void your warranty. You can pick up the liner at any grocery or Target/Walmart super cheap.

I have a Pathfinder. I also have a 3 and 4 year old. I use the Super Mat Car Seat Undermat from babies r us. They were 14.99 each. They have a little storage area also that hangs over the front of the seat.

The only thing ever recommended to go under a carseat is rubber shelf liner. Aftermarket products will void your warranty. You can pick up the liner at any grocery or Target/Walmart super cheap.

Ditto. Although if you live somewhere very hot, be careful, because I've read that the rubber can melt and stick to the leather, which can be more harmful to the vehicle seat than the car seat itself.

I have leather interior in my vehicle ('04 Santa Fe bought new in '03) and my ds car seats have never damaged them. I always have my seats installed so tightly they don't budge and they do dent the vehicle seats however the dents always spring back after a week or so (I move his seat from one side to the other periodically). My ds is almost five and still rides in a 5pt actually, so we've been using car seats in this vehicle for a long time. I personally have chosen to skip using anything under the car seat because of the reasons previously mentioned plus the reason cpst's don't recommend vehicle seat protectors is that they can interfere with the way the car seat or booster functions in an accident. Also, I found it just isn't needed.

I found a really cool Eddie Bauer one at Target. It keeps the booster from sliding and is slightly cushioned to protect the leather from indents (spills too!) We have a Trailblazer with leather and have had no issues since using this protector.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter