Excursions for the 3 night Bahamian

pequele

Some people think they are cool because they can h
Just curious about being about to just go to a beach for the time off the boat without having to pay for an excursion (like Atlantis, etc). Is it far from the ports? Castaway Cay doesn't require an excursion purchase to just veg on the beach all day right? But how do you get there? What about in Nassau? Or is it just better to pay for more than we want to do, in order to be in a "safe" location with transportation covered?

What do people typically do?
Thanks

Castaway Cay--you walk off the ship and take either a 7 minute walk or hop on a tram (no cost) to the beach area. Unless you choose to make a purchase or rent equipment, use of the beach, lunch, etc. is included with your cruise fare.

At Nassau, Cabbage Beach or Cable Beach are free and safe. They adjoin the hotel beaches. It is about a 15-20 minute walk from the port, which we typically find to be "too far" given the heat and the stuff we are typically lugging. It is a less than 5 minute cab ride and there are lots of cabs right there willing to take you.

Can't answer #1, but someone above said $5. Yes, everywhere will take USD and give change in USD.

MOST of the time. On 2 separate occasions, I was offered Bahamian money because the vendor had runout of U.S. currency. I took the offer the second time because it was just coins and I could keep it as a souvenir. To the OP, I would suggest just walking around Nassua and then getting back onboard. The 3 day goes by really fast and you might regret spending too much time away fom the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter