Excursion suggestions with a 4yo?

DisneyRhondaKay

Earning My Ears
We are booked on the Fantasy in September 2012. First time on DCL and First cruise ever for my DH and DD. My DD will be 4 3/4 yo and she is very tall for her age. Any suggestions on shore excursions? Most of the swimming/snorkeling ones state she has to be a minimum of 5 yo. Are they strict on that requirement? Thanks for any input!

I have found that you can do a lot if you book it on your own. Are you sailing an eastern or western?

They are very strict with the age requirements for the excursions. They system will not let you book if your child is not the right age.

Sometimes you can call the company directly and book the excursion.( Google diving excursions Bahamas or where ever your going) The problem with this if the excursion is late the ship will not wait for you.

My daughter is the same age as yours and we booked through Captain Marvins for the stingray city excursion. I did a lot of research and decided that would be the best one for us. Its also SO much cheaper than booking through DCL. Also, Capt. Marvins has created a special Fantasy only trip since we are only there for 6 hours. For myself and my daughter its only $65 TOTAL (cash payment)!!! :cool1: I cant wait!!

We booked Nachi Cocum for our Cozumel day directly thru their site. We will take a cab. In grand cayman we are going to take a taxi to the turtle farm. DH and DS4 will do the pirate excursion in the afternoon thru Disney. I have read good things about it.
I did look into capt Marvin's, and he will even allow our 2 yr old!

The turtle farm in Grand Cayman is great too. We did it as part of the island tour thru Captain Marvin, but the rest of the tour would be boring for a child.

We are doing the dolphin thing thru Disney in Cozumel... I think it's Dolphinaris Kids... My older kids will do the dolphin swim. The other ports we are just going to wing it.

Tell me about it. The system won't even allow me to book an excursion for the day after my daughter turns 5.

They are very strict with the age requirements for the excursions. They system will not let you book if your child is not the right age.

Sometimes you can call the company directly and book the excursion.( Google diving excursions Bahamas or where ever your going) The problem with this if the excursion is late the ship will not wait for you.

Our DS was 4 when we did the Western itinerary. We went to the Butterfly Conservatory in Key West, Nachi Cocum in Cozumel, and Boatswains in Grand Cayman.

He was lukewarm on the Butterfly Conservatory (had much more fun wandering the shell stores down by Mallory Square) but he absolutely loved Nachi Cocum & the Turtle Farm!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter