Excursion question

wiggles

Mouseketeer
Will there still be excursions available to book once we board the ship? The one I'm wanting to do has a morning and an afternoon choice. I would much rather do the afternoon one, but all that is available to book online now is just the morning. Am I out of luck with trying to book the afternoon once we board or should I just suck it up and book the morning. I am not a morning person. pirate:

I'm curious about this as well. Do more spots open up on the cruise like with Palo's? The CC Stingray didn't have enough spots for my whole family, but luckily when I called and spoke to 2 supervisors, they found enough spots. The weird thing was, the time slot they gave me wasn't even a choice for online booking, so I'm wondering if it was a time that would later be opened up on board? My daughter was counting on doing this and I'm so glad they could help me, but I can't believe the excursion is already completely booked for a party of 4.

Yes, they keep some of the excursion times for those that do not have the ability or opportunity to go on-line and book them. That way it is fair for all. So, if you are unable to get on an excursion/Palo reservation then I was advised to go on-board and call them (excursions there will be specified times to sign up) and there should be excursions/reservations available.

Go to the shore excursion desk on Deck 3 when you board . . . it is the same deck that you use to enter the ship. They will be able to help you book, re-book, or change any excursions that still has openings.

bluewaves, I'm not so sure about them saving ressies for excursions. I know they do with Palo/Spa, the extras through DCL, but I think if the excursions are booked, they are booked.

Maybe one of the moderators will know for sure.

musicgirl said:
bluewaves, I'm not so sure about them saving ressies for excursions. I know they do with Palo/Spa, the extras through DCL, but I think if the excursions are booked, they are booked.

Maybe one of the moderators will know for sure.

I also doubt this based on how things were done before the online bookings became available. Palo is new & they hold back 50% of the resies. Excursions have ALWAYS been able to be booked before the cruise from the final payment date. You use to have to call in to make them and they booked up & were unavailable when you boarded. The more popular ones like the stingrays & dolphins were gone quickly all the time.

When we went on our cruise in Jan. I had booked my parents excursion under their confimation # at their house. I didn't have my confimation #, so I waited till I got to my house, unfortunately the excursion had filled up before I could book myself on the same one. I waited till I got on the ship, went directly to the excursion desk and had no trouble getting on the same excursion as them. So yes, I think they must hold some of the excursions for those that can't book online. P.S. we also didn't board the ship until 2:00pm and we still had no problem booking the excursion.

strega7, you may have just gotten lucky with getting that excursion. It may have been booked when you tried to do it on-line, but many people book as much as they can early and then change their minds. I think they can do this 3 days before the actual day of the excursion.

With outside groups doing the excursions, I'm sure DCL wants to keep the companies happy, especially the good ones. I don't think the operators would appreciate it if DCL held back some of the ressies on purpose only to have them go unfilled when people schedule something else.

DCL knows Palo and the spa will fill up without a problem.

JMHO

wiggles said:
. . . Am I out of luck with trying to book the afternoon once we board or should I just suck it up and book the morning. . .

Book the morning now. Then once onboard, see if you can change to the afternoon.

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter