Exchanging QS Credits for Snacks on 2017 plan

BudgieMama

DIS Veteran
Apologies if this has been asked and answered many times already, but I know there's been changes to the QSDP this year (removing desserts and adding a snack). We made big use last year of the exchanging a QS credit for 3 items (worked great for us, we often wanted a drink to share and two snack items as a meal, or fab at the water parks when we got a drink and two ice creams, for example).

Is that exchange still possible since the change to the plan? Has it been changed at all? We used it so extensively last year, and it was a big part of why the QSDP worked so well for us, so I'll need to do some better thinking if it's not possible anymore! :)

Thanks! :D

Apologies if this has been asked and answered many times already, but I know there's been changes to the QSDP this year (removing desserts and adding a snack). We made big use last year of the exchanging a QS credit for 3 items (worked great for us, we often wanted a drink to share and two snack items as a meal, or fab at the water parks when we got a drink and two ice creams, for example).

Is that exchange still possible since the change to the plan? Has it been changed at all? We used it so extensively last year, and it was a big part of why the QSDP worked so well for us, so I'll need to do some better thinking if it's not possible anymore! :)

Thanks! :D

No one knows yet. You need to go and try it and come back to let us know!!

Unfortunately, that is the only way we'll know how or if this is going to work now. Because there were people on both 2016 and 2017 QS plans the first few weeks of Jan, those two weeks of experience just don't count. As of Sunday, everyone is on the 2017 plan, but no one has let us know if this is still allowed.

You will want to do the maths though, if you are paying for the DDP then exchanging for snacks is poor value.
QSDP is $46 so at $5 per snack then each QS meal needs to be $17 to get value (so $13.50 entree and $3.50 drink) and allowing $2 per day towards refill mug cost. Therefore if exchanging for two more $5 snacks you are losing $7 every time you do it! While it is a good way to use up unused credits, it is very poor to plan to use a DP this way.

No one knows yet. You need to go and try it and come back to let us know!!

Unfortunately, that is the only way we'll know how or if this is going to work now. Because there were people on both 2016 and 2017 QS plans the first few weeks of Jan, those two weeks of experience just don't count. As of Sunday, everyone is on the 2017 plan, but no one has let us know if this is still allowed.

Sadly, I won't be there until August, so you'll be waiting a while before I can give any info!

You will want to do the maths though, if you are paying for the DDP then exchanging for snacks is poor value.
QSDP is $46 so at $5 per snack then each QS meal needs to be $17 to get value (so $13.50 entree and $3.50 drink) and allowing $2 per day towards refill mug cost. Therefore if exchanging for two more $5 snacks you are losing $7 every time you do it! While it is a good way to use up unused credits, it is very poor to plan to use a DP this way.

It's free with our package, and it worked well for us previously. Those credits don't have a monetary value to us, just the ability to eat what we want, when we want, and exchanging those credits was a great use for us.

We were there Jan 2-5. We had the DxDP and on our last day had a TS meals leftover. We were able to easily exchange that for the 3 snack credits at Goofy Candy Co. (we were already at Disney Springs). I asked first and told her that was what I wanted to do. We used it to make your own rice krispie treat, a marshmellow treat, and a gingerbread cookie. I know it wasn't the best use of a TS meal, but our trip was over and didn't want it to go unused.

We were there Jan 2-5. We had the DxDP and on our last day had a TS meals leftover. We were able to easily exchange that for the 3 snack credits at Goofy Candy Co. (we were already at Disney Springs). I asked first and told her that was what I wanted to do. We used it to make your own rice krispie treat, a marshmellow treat, and a gingerbread cookie. I know it wasn't the best use of a TS meal, but our trip was over and didn't want it to go unused.

This made me wonder how they will handle the conversion between TS/snacks if it's still allowed. QS doesn't get dessert, but TS does. So, if you convert TS, I wonder if you'll just have to "give up" the dessert in order to convert?

I wonder if we can still exchange the drink for a snack item during a QS meal transaction?

I wonder if we can still exchange the drink for a snack item during a QS meal transaction?

Yes, you can. That is still written into the brochure.

Looks like they confirmed through the mom's panel that the conversion will only net you 2 snacks now https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...-qs-dining-plan-package-not-sure-meal-326919/
Seeing how a QS credit can be worth up to $25 (at flame tree for example), the value isn't there anymore.

Even the mom's panel often gets things wrong, so I'd still love to see someone who's actually been in the parks and asked come back and report.

On Tuesday this week, I was buying many snacks to take home- a few CM's said to me- you can use a QS meal for 3 snacks. I said to use the snack credits please. Once they saw my acct.- they saw why! I had over 50 snack credits to use! ;)

On Tuesday this week, I was buying many snacks to take home- a few CM's said to me- you can use a QS meal for 3 snacks. I said to use the snack credits please. Once they saw my acct.- they saw why! I had over 50 snack credits to use! ;)

Where were you please?

I was just coming to ask this same question. It makes sense that with the loss of dessert it would be 2 snacks per QS meal. Before you had drink, entree, dessert -that's three items (in theory because I know you can get combo meals). Now it's drink and entree, so two items. Plus you are still getting an additional snack in place of a dessert item.

I was kind of hoping it would be left at 3, but wasn't expecting it. I suspect it will take a few weeks to get all the CMs on the same page.

This will be my first on-site stay and first DDP. We got the UK free dining offer. I'm really looking forward to the stay, but not working out my credit balance.

I was kind of hoping it would be left at 3, but wasn't expecting it. I suspect it will take a few weeks to get all the CMs on the same page.

I would definitely keep an eye/ear out for what happens in the next few weeks, but if all we get is NYCANC's experience, I would ask for 3 and see what they say. Based on their first post, I was expecting to see a resort QS for the "where," but they were in the parks with CMs suggesting the 3 snack exchange. Since the exchange isn't written into any of the material on the DDP, the CMs may just keep doing what they've always done and that means 3 snack items. It's not written for them either, so how would they know to change it?

Can you exchange a TB dessert for a snack?

If you mean exchange the dessert portion of your TS credit for a snack credit to be used later, no, you cannot do that.

If you mean exchange the dessert for something else at your meal, then there is a possibility. Some TS restaurants will let you have a small side salad, cup of soup, some fruit, or an extra veggie on your plate instead of the dessert. However, this is totally up to the discretion of each TS restaurant, so you have to ask every time, and they may not do it at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter