Exchange Tervis on next cruise?

lisaann1170

Mouseketeer
My indestructible Tervis cruise cup cracked over a year ago. I bought it onboard in December, 2016. I know Tervis will replace it, but I’m cruising in mid-October and I’d love to exchange it on the ship (for whatever design) if I can. Has anyone done this? Thanks!

The lifetime guarantee is offered by Tervis, not DCL, so I am going to guess no. DCL might replace something that broke if you bought it on the cruise since that would be them selling something defective, but it would cost them inventory to replace a year old one.

Tervis altered their guarantee last year. Now you can only replace with the exact same thing. If the exact same item is not carried by the store where you are seeking the replacement (and some non Tervis stores will do a replacement, no idea if this includes DCL) then the store will mail in your Tervis and you will get a replacement in about 6-8 weeks. The replacement will come from their inventory if possible. If not your current cup will be taken apart and the decorations added to a new cup. If this is not possible they will do their best to provide you with a close replacement.

It used to be so much simpler when they would just let you choose a new one in store. If you think your design is no longer stocked on the ships you might as well contact Tervis or go to a Tervis store and start the process now. I suppose there is a small chance that DCL will just allow you to choose a comparable replacement but that will be at their expense if they do so.

I would try with Tervis directly and see what they say. I think it may be far too long since you bought it on DCL for them to replace but I guess it couldn't hurt. I have returned something on DCL that I bought a few months earlier and I had the receipt but returning something three years later I don't know.

MJ

Disney is awesome with returns on defective products. I would try DCL first. At the end of summer last year we purchased a pool float on clearance in one of the stores. Fast forward to the beginning of this summer the kids were excited to use their new Little Mermaid float in the pool and it had a gap in the seam that released air rendering it useless. It was so long ago I didn’t have the receipt but we called customer service anyway to see if they could send us another. Unfortunately they didn’t have another to send but looked up the receipt and gave us a merchandise credit. I bet they would give you another if they still have the product considering it was defective and didn’t live up to its warranty.

I would try to see if DCL would replace it. I purchased a DCL phone case in March and it has literally fallen apart. The black plastic that keeps the decorative back on the phone case has cracked and fallen off in pieces. It is a hot mess. I plan on taking it back in January to see if they will let me pick out a new one. The worst they can say is no.

we had to change our Tervis because of a crack. If you go on the Tervis website, you can print out a return form. You just pay shipping to the company. The basically use the patch that is already in the cup and put it in a new one. It takes about a week or two. We live in Fl not too far from where they are, so it didn’t take long at all.

we had to change our Tervis because of a crack. If you go on the Tervis website, you can print out a return form. You just pay shipping to the company. The basically use the patch that is already in the cup and put it in a new one. It takes about a week or two. We live in Fl not too far from where they are, so it didn’t take long at all.
If you can take it to a Tervis store you will save on the shipping costs.

I would do it on the ship. I brought back a mug to the Emporium once that was over a year old but had leaked from the time we got it. They didn’t have the same mug but they let me choose something else.

I’ve also replaced my daughter’s phone case that was months old but cracking along the seam.

I sent a DCL tervis that had a design with a date on it. The replacement mug was a generic Disney print mug. I was not happy. I no longer buy tervis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!