Exchange Rate predictions???

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
Anyone heard anything about what to expect. It was up a bit but is dropping. I have cash in my sock drawer lol to pay off my trip well most of it..What do I do? Continue to wait and see?

Anyone else in this boat?

I am. I have a very expensive ABD booked for July ($14,338 us). I check the prices daily and am sooo nervous. We're also going to Hawaii in December and kicking myself that I didn't pay for my hotel 2 weeks ago.

I'm going to wait and see. Its gambling but there was someone on this board who caved and bought at the peak and the next day the dollar kept dropping.

Just keeping my fingers crossed...

I check several times throughout the day too. It's gone up $0.10 since last month. Crazy! I did manage to buy a little bit a couple of weeks ago when it went down to $1.15. That was a week or so after the last time it spiked up to the $1.30 levels. I'm hoping we'll be that lucky again :)

No predictions here, just some frustration with the state of our economy in general. :sad2:

Our trip has been paid for a while now. The 45-day mark for us is not until the 26th of November, but we saw the writing on the wall and paid the balance when the dollar was still just over 90 cents US. So glad we did. Now all we're needing is a little spending money. I've got our flight, hotel, tickets, dining plan, restaurant tips and mousekeeping all paid &/or on hand in US funds, plus the $200 gift card from the recent 4/3 promo deal will cover breakfasts and other small incidentals (extra snacks or whatever). So we're basically just down to saving for souvenirs. If the exchange rate continues to decline, that's something we can easily cut out.

$1.31 today to buy the USD
Yuck
I bought some just 10 days ago for Vegas for $1.17:confused3

Expect it to trade in the 75 to 85 cent range for the next 6-9 months. Long term(2-3 years)expect it to settle at around 85-90 cents. I would be shocked to see us go back to par, atleast for an extended period. A sustainable level for our country is around 87 cents.

Jeeeeeeeeeez I wish I had bought property when we were at par--albeit briefly.:confused3

we lucked out huge last fall when we imported our new truck from the US. The day I bought the money order the CDN dollar was worth 1.07 US! We saved an extra $2000 (over and above the inflated CDN price of course):thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter