Exchange gifts received in stateroom?

Wendy&Grumpy

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever exchanged a gift they received in their stateroom?

DH's boss gives us champagne, which DH does not drink. We've been bringing it home to share with friends, but it seems we're not supposed to be taking it off the ship. :confused3

I'm wondering if we would be able to exchange it towards a wine package... has anyone ever done this?

Your Customs allowance allows you to bring off one bottle (unopened) for each adult in your party. There is a size limitation to the bottle. The details of the customs allowance will be reviewed in the CM's disembarkation talk as well as in the letter you will get in your stateroom. So if you choose to bring it home, you may do so.

No experience with exchanging a gift.

I know you can return items purchased from DCL--I returned a duplicate gift we were sent. Not sure about exchanging--do you know if the champagne was purchased from DCL, or from another source?

I know you can return items purchased from DCL--I returned a duplicate gift we were sent. Not sure about exchanging--do you know if the champagne was purchased from DCL, or from another source?

He orders it from Disney - onboard gifts and amenities.

Called DCL this morning.

Nothing they can do ahead of time as the champagne is part of a "package from another company" (? it's ordered through them?).

CM said to try onboard, they might be able to give us credit for the champagne there.

I'll report back after our cruise for anyone with the same question. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter