Excalibur

Luv0fDisney

DIS Veteran
I am planning a trip to Vegas for myself... and looking into the excalibur...
any good? ratings?

Probably low end of hotels on The Strip. Maybe Riviera and Imperial Palace are considered lower end.

That doesn't mean it's horrible, but it's not trying to be a high end hotel. You might also get bombarded with people trying to get you to a timeshare presentation. My wife relented to get discounted tickets to a Cirque du Soleil show, and that's 5 hours of my life I'd like back.

We took the kid to the Tournament of Kings show in the basement. That was actually quite fun, especially since our kid likes horses.

Oh - we stayed at Paris. That's actually quite nice, although the rooms aren't huge or anything.

We've stayed at Excalibur 4 times in the last 5 years and are really happy with it. We always stay in the widescreen room and find it huge, clean and the bed is fairly comfy. The prices can be crazy cheap at times and that's usually why I go back rather than the hotels at the other end of the strip.

never stayed therte but sure it nice, I might look at Flamingo, about the same price and you will be center strip

Stayed at Excalibur Easter 2012, family of 4, 7 nights, widescreen room $700, room large, clean, safe. Kids enjoyed Tournament of the Kings dinner show. Loved Las Vegas, hope to return one day - would stay at Excalibur again.

Don't know if you've gone yet, but I just want to add that I have stayed at both, and the newer rooms (particularly the GO rooms) at Flamingo are FAR superior to Excalibur. Excalibur is a fuuuun hotel for kids (and hey, for me too), but Flamingo is much better for the average adult. Much cleaner as well, and you never get lost because it's not ginormous like MGM. The location is great too. We got rooms midweek for $49, and it was worth every penny. :D

never stayed there but it doesn't look like anything special, not that it has to be fancy or anything. I would prefer to stay somewhere a little nicer for just a little more money, which I know can be done.

Don't know if you've gone yet, but I just want to add that I have stayed at both, and the newer rooms (particularly the GO rooms) at Flamingo are FAR superior to Excalibur. Excalibur is a fuuuun hotel for kids (and hey, for me too), but Flamingo is much better for the average adult. Much cleaner as well, and you never get lost because it's not ginormous like MGM. The location is great too. We got rooms midweek for $49, and it was worth every penny. :D

I stayed the Flamingo last year.. My friend and I had an okay time. I would not stay there again. First we had a room location down a HUGE hall way and our view out of the window was of a construction zone demolition. The walk to the monorail was a real dozzy. lol. But the room itself was cozy. But other than that not too much good things to say about the Flamingo from me at least.

We didn't really see any Kid friendly area's other then the flamingos although we aren't kids per say... we might be kids at heart but not the age. lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter