Exact location of SSR?

happyrebster

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Yes, I know, I'm stupid -- but I can't figure this out. I don't understand where, exactly, SSR is located relative to DD, OKW and PI. I never went to the Disney Institute, so that doesn't help. And, for the life of me, I cannot find a map which makes it crystal clear. I've looked at guidebook maps and the maps on the www.disney.com website. To no avail. Does anyone know of an internet location where I can find a detailed map? Or, the alternative, can you help me to better understand exactly where SSR is located? Thanks!

If you're standing at the World of Toys at Downtown Disney....it is directly across the lagoon. If you come out of Downtown Disney and make a left, and then another left a few blocks down, you will come to the SSR entrance on the left side of the road.

If you do not turn into SSR, you will come up on OKW just about three minutes down the same road.

Or, if you drive past OKW toward Downtown Disney, you will come upon SSR on the right side of the road in about three minutes.:teeth:

Okay -- thanks! So, is it closer to the Port Orleans / Riverside or closer to the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd? And, if you were walking from either OKW or SSR and wanted to get to PI, would the shortest route be through the westside area with DisneyQuest and Cirque? I THINK I am starting to understand . . . But I would be so much easier if the map on the Disney website let you scroll throughout the park rather than breaking everything into tiny sections . . .

Is the main SSR entrance off of Community Drive? Just like OKW?

Edited to add: I think I see the problem here. Looks to me as though the Birnbaum's Official Guide to Walt Disney World has mixed up the markers for SSR and the hotels on HotelPlaza Drive on its map (in the back cover). Ah, Yes. That must be it. Now I think that I understand. :-):p

SSR is down closer toward the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd.

PI is a little further away, but if you are in the main shopping area of DD, you will see SSR from most places by looking out across the water. SSR people are clearly going to be able to see the fireworks at PI. Some will also have great water views on the canal.

You know the restaurant Riverboat (Fulton?) that sits on the water at Downtown Disney? If you were standing on that boat, it is directly across the water from there.

::yes:: :wave2:

Doug: Yup. I know the riverboat. Thanks again! Now this is all starting to make a bit more sense. As I said: I think that the Birnbaum map had me confused. It showed the Hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd as being on Community Drive and SSR as being on Hotel Plaza Blvd! Now, logically, that doesn't seem right. :-) Must be a simple misprint reversing the two. Now I think that I see. A MUCH better location than this map implies!

Thanks so much, Katie. I had just found that map. Much more clear than the Disney website map! But, does that mean that the main entrance to SSR is not on Community Drive?

I'm not sure where the "main entrace" to SSR is, but there is what looks like an entrance on Community Drive, near the corner of Buena Vista Drive. That entrance is not shown on the map, unless this entrance is actually located on "Club Lake Drive". There may be more than one entrance to the complex.

Hey Chuck S -- Thanks. That's helpful info! I agree that there may be more than one entrance; but I know that they have entrance signage up somewhere and so I was just asking where that might be. Useful to hear that it is on Community, near Buena Vista. There are some good maps in the "Unofficial Guide" to WDW 2004 that are finally bringing it all together in my mind. Really looks to me as though the Phase 1 buildings of SSR will be down there at the bottom/curve of Club Lake Drive. (Unless they built a new road!) That would put it right where other folks have described -- directly across the lake from the riverboat and World of Disney.

(Corrected Directions)
Happy Rebster -- It sounds like you are familiar with OKW. If so, come out the main entrance of OKW. Turn right onto Community Drive. In just a few minutes on the RIGHT-hand side of the road you will see the Treehouses entrance. A few minutes later, you'll see the entrance to SSR also on the right. Continue down Community Drive. Take a right and you will soon have DD on your right (The Marketplace area) and Hotel Boulevard on your left.

The DI/SSR property is fairly expansive. I think there may be a second entrance over by the DD/Marketplace area as well -- or this might be the Lake Buena Vista Golf Course entrance -- the same course that goes through OKW as well.

Just looked at the map. Clublake Drive is the main entrance (or it was for DI). It will take you right into the area where the spa is located.

There is also an entrance over by the Wyndham that I think is designated as the LBV Golf Course entrance. Looks like both entrances wind up in the same place.

Originally posted by PamOKW
Turn right onto Community Drive. In just a few minutes on the left-hand side of the road you will see the Treehouses entrance. A few minutes later, you'll see the entrance to SSR also on the right.

I think Pam meant "right hand side" of the road for Treehouse entrance.

Originally posted by Nick@ VB+OKW
I think Pam meant "right hand side" of the road for Treehouse entrance.

Dang! I knew I should have gone back and re-read the directions. Yes, right-hand side for Treehouse and DI/SSR. Left-hand side for the edge of POR and more of the LBV golf course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter