SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the thing. We're not sure yet. But at the very least, anyone who prebooks FP for profiles not actually entering the parks ... their MDE will be locked if they enter a FP attraction with those GLFP.

It's not as bad as it sounds - just a quick trip to the symbolic principal's office that the IT bullies have engineered. In other words, you'll have to stop by guest services to have your account unlocked. They'll say, "You can't use FP for profiles whose tickets weren't used to enter the parks." You'll say, "Oh, sorry!" They'll say, "Go about your business."

We're not even sure what the lock entails. It may be only for FP booking. (Not that such a lock would be something you'd ignore.) It's not as though your MB won't work to unlock your resort room door. (Right, IT bullies???)

SDFP is different though. It doesn't violate TOS. There are no tickets on those phantom accounts. Would the account still be locked? We're trying to get that pinned down and will report ASAP.

After June 4, go ahead and use bands for phantoms that are on a separate MDE. (We now FINALLY have a really good reason for using a second MDE!!! Too little, too late.)

If you use phantom bands from a separate MDE at a kiosk, the system will probably allow you to book your SDFP. But when you go to enter the FP attractions, the Mickey will turn blue instead of green. Maybe the CM will shrug and say, "Go ahead." More likely he or she will turn you away. Maybe that separate MDE will have some sort of lock on it. But you won't care - it was only ever good for SDFP anyway. As long as the MDE was separate, your primary MDE won't be impacted.

It sounds like an awful lot of speculating here. Unfortunately our trip begins June 5th with MK and I am all set up with my primary MDE with fp+, plus two add't 'dummy' MDE's with MB's. One of the dummy MDE accounts have these ghost tickets on them that I have used to book fp+ 30 days out (used this many times). The other has only MB's. So...I am certainly hoping that if this is indeed the case then maybe it will be pushed back a few days or weeks. Our family is ride oriented and the thought of having only 3 fp's(with option of 4th, etc) is frankly depressing. I will stick to my plan and cross my fingers for some kind of delay(or a miracle)!

Hopefully it won't. But June 6th is the "wedding day" for admission and FP - and it may be a rocky union. Let us know how it all turns out! Disney obviously does NOT want chaos - so must think they're ready for this.

Is it June 5th or June 6th?

Please forgive me if this is against DIS rules or Disney's TOS, but wouldn't the "transfer" referred to in earlier posts and on the front page work for the 10 day tickets in this scenario? If OP uses the initial 3 and then one-by-one modifies the pre-booked party so a valid ticketed profile is using the extra FP+?
I waited a full 5 minutes to respond just in case it is against DIS rules although it's been discussed here in the past so I think we're good. I'm thinking the transfer method would be one of the few remaining strategies. Of course, it would require a monetary investment and I don't think the good folks at Disney would have any objection to that. I wish they still sold non-expiring tickets.

I have FP's booked for this Sunday at AK for the 2 Pandora rides, using some of the extra FP's. I'll use the Extra FP's through June 4th and see what happens after that before using them again.

@PrincessCooper's Mom , @tarheel618 , @jlundeen and @ArielSRL

There is currently a WARNING on "Everything SDFP" thread as of May 2017:

May 2017
THE PARTY MAY BE ENDING VERY SOON!

- Don't buy any more MagicBands or cards for SDFP.
- Don't use any BORROWED bands after June 1.
- Don't attempt to enter a FP attraction with a prebooked FP unless you used the linked ticket at the park entrance. (This thread has refrained from discussion of this for many months - but now we're saying specifically DO NOT DO IT.)
- Don't add phantoms to your primary MDE profile, if you haven't already done so.

Apparently the loophole is closing. Link: https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-sdfp-warning-changes-coming.3520747/

I waited a full 5 minutes to respond just in case it is against DIS rules although it's been discussed here in the past so I think we're good. I'm thinking the transfer method would be one of the few remaining strategies. Of course, it would require a monetary investment and I don't think the good folks at Disney would have any objection to that. I wish they still sold non-expiring tickets.
I guess we're in the clear! I agree investing in a ticket is a lot steeper than a $12.99 band. lol

I guess we're in the clear! I agree investing in a ticket is a lot steeper than a $12.99 band. lol
Definitely in the clear because the FP, that is used at an attraction, is linked to the Profile where a linked ticket was used for park entry.

The Change Party function is available to all guests. :)

Having technical difficulties updating the first page!

Guest services CM confirms that an unholy alliance of the Admissions System and the FastPass System will take place on or about June 6th, 2017. (Think Petruchio and Katherina.) This could create havoc in the park, so plan accordingly.

The park gods could simply have prevented guests from using FP (at both kiosks and FP entrances) if their ticket had not been used for park entry - just a flashing blue Mickey and a regretful "sorry" from the CM as she turns you away.

Instead, the park gods are imposing punitive measures on unsuspecting guests. If a guest attempts to enter a FP attraction with a band or card that is not linked to a ticket that was used for park entry, the MDE profile will be locked. (Might ALL the profiles on that MDE also be locked??)

Guests will have to visit Guest Services to have their accounts unblocked.

Can you imagine Guido and his lovely wife Alessia (think 90's hair) from New Jersey in the Magic Kingdom on a hot day? They decide to enter the Mine Train with FPs that belonged to Nonna & Nonno who are back at the Grand Floridian. (The grandparents were too tired to go to the park this morning, so are taking it easy at the resort.) "Hey, why waste their FP?" think Guido and Alessia resourcefully. But the park gods prefer that the FP be wasted. (And wasted they would be - no other guest can book those FP if they're being held by N&N - you follow me?)

But Guido and Alessia find that not only are they turned away from the Mine Train by the ominous blue Mickey head when they try to use N&N's FP, but when they go over to Peter Pan to use their own lawfully prebooked FP, they're met with another nasty blue Mickey.They log on to their MDE and are appalled and offended to find that their account has been locked. They're told by a frowning CM with gray hair and a mustache that she thinks the only thing they can do is go to Guest Services to have the account unlocked.

Now begins the long walk of shame from Fantasyland all the way back to Town Square - a walk that the park gods have engineered as punishment. It's hot, it's crowded, and they're a couple of salmon swimming against the current of incoming guests. Guido is really thirsty and he's getting really angry. This is a bunch of carp. Would you like to be working at Guest Services when he gets there?? The month of June is going to be full of angry people and long lines at Guest Services. What the CM in Fantasyland failed to point out to Guido was that he had missed noticing a message on his MDE with a phone number that he could have called, rather than walking to Guest Services as he was instructed. He could simply have dialed the number. Priests are on duty to take the confessions of guests who've just used someone else's FP. Absolution can be granted by phone, and the penance is the phone call itself. Go in peace and sin no more.

Last edited:
I actually have extra tickets on my account due to family members who had to cancel their trip earlier this year. I used them to make advance FP for our trip and then reassigned them to us so we could just swipe our MB instead. 2 things to keep in mind
1. You can only move them over one at a time after finishing your first three FP and you must move it prior to the FP start time (it won't allow you to reassign once the FP window has started)
2. You cannot obtain any additional FP with the main ticket/AP (the one you actually used to enter the park) while you are reassigning the ones from the extra ticket (since you can only have 1 at a time after the first three). You can however make another FP with the extra ticket once you have transferred a FP to the primary ticket using the extra ticket to generate a new 3rd FP. One issue to keep in mind is with parks that have FP tiering. Until you use the 3 original FP it will not allow you to schedule another tier 1 at the same park. (EDITED TO ADD ONCE YOU REASSIGN THE TIER ONE FP TO THE MAIN TICKET IT SHOULD THEN ALLOW YOU TO SCHEDULE A NEW TIER ONE ATTRACTION.) You also can't schedule it with your main ticket unless you would use it before needing to reassign the next FP from the extra ticket. I mention this because I know a lot of people like to try to pick up things like fantasmic, illuminations, etc as 4th/5th FP. You can't obtain those until you are done reassigning the FP from the extra ticket

Last edited:
Is "change party" even available for SDFP made at kiosk w/o ticket media?
You cannot modify SDFP via the website/app at all (you will get an error message about it having tickets attached) so unless it is on the kiosk screen (which I don't recall it being) no

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!