Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

We will be heading back to WDW this July with my parents and my brother with his family. We will all be at POR in three separate rooms. We are all connected on the website/app. Do we need more than one memory maker? I want to make sure that we can all get pics taken even if we aren't together.

We will be heading back to WDW this July with my parents and my brother with his family. We will all be at POR in three separate rooms. We are all connected on the website/app. Do we need more than one memory maker? I want to make sure that we can all get pics taken even if we aren't together.
You do not need multiple Memory Maker purchases. One person out of your party will purchase Memory Maker. You will then make certain that every person who will be travelling with you is on the Friends and Family list for the one person whom purchased the Memory Maker. With that done, that one person will be able to see all of the photos taken by everyone in the party, without the water marks, and will be able to download all of the photos. That person then can either share their login information with the rest of the family, allowing them to download photos for themselves, or copy and distribute the photos to the rest of the family as they see fit.

You do not need multiple Memory Maker purchases. One person out of your party will purchase Memory Maker. You will then make certain that every person who will be travelling with you is on the Friends and Family list for the one person whom purchased the Memory Maker. With that done, that one person will be able to see all of the photos taken by everyone in the party, without the water marks, and will be able to download all of the photos. That person then can either share their login information with the rest of the family, allowing them to download photos for themselves, or copy and distribute the photos to the rest of the family as they see fit.

In addition to having everyone in the traveling party listed in the F&F list for the owner of MM, be sure that everyone including children gives permission to share their photos with the owner of MM. There's a box to check and I think it is in their own account or the account of the person who manages them (for instance parent of children). Most kids love to have the PhotoPass photographer scan their MBs, so it's especially important that their MDE profiles give permission to the MM owner to view their photos!

In addition to having everyone in the traveling party listed in the F&F list for the owner of MM, be sure that everyone including children gives permission to share their photos with the owner of MM. There's a box to check and I think it is in their own account or the account of the person who manages them (for instance parent of children). Most kids love to have the PhotoPass photographer scan their MBs, so it's especially important that their MDE profiles give permission to the MM owner to view their photos!
Yes, I don't know how I forgot that. It is quite important to make sure that they have all checked the "My Disney PhotoPass Photos" box in the "Update" area for the person who has the Memory Maker.

Does anyone have an email address for photopass or memory maker? I am wanting to show them how dark alot of our pictures are when we were there last week. For $169 i expected better quality. Some are so dark you cant even see my husband.

Does anyone have an email address for photopass or memory maker? I am wanting to show them how dark alot of our pictures are when we were there last week. For $169 i expected better quality. Some are so dark you cant even see my husband.

You might try this PAGE to contact PhotoPass. You might also try running those dark photos through a photo editor. Something like Photoshop, Gimp, or even just the Photos app that comes with windows will give you some ability to adjust brightness, and contrast, which may be all you need to bring those photos to life.

I am sharing MM with a couple of friends. I have linked the friends, but we are having some issues getting the rest of their family linked. Is it really needed to link the kids/spouses if they will be together all the time? Could the photographer just scan the parents magic band when taking any pictures for the family and have the parent scan their magic band at the Photo Booth at the end of the ride? Or is that an issue since they are using their magic band to put their kids pictures under their profile?

I am sharing MM with a couple of friends. I have linked the friends, but we are having some issues getting the rest of their family linked. Is it really needed to link the kids/spouses if they will be together all the time? Could the photographer just scan the parents magic band when taking any pictures for the family and have the parent scan their magic band at the Photo Booth at the end of the ride? Or is that an issue since they are using their magic band to put their kids pictures under their profile?
Not all rides have a photo booth at the end. Off the top of my head, I know Pirates of the Caribbean, and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train do not. There are probably others. Send the Friends and Family invites using Email addresses. If it doesn't work sending from your account to theirs, then send the other way around if you can.

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered, I did try searching for forum but when I searched I found multiple occurrences but not the answer I was looking for.

We purchased memory maker before we left, took lots of photos and are now back. I can see these photos fine on my phone but for some reason when I go to look on my PC at work all I see are the frames where the photos should be. THere are lots of them, some even have the little arrow that shows a video will play, but no images at all.

I tried clearing my cache but that didn't do it. I've tried in both chrome and internet explorer.

Any suggestions?

thanks for any help.

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered, I did try searching for forum but when I searched I found multiple occurrences but not the answer I was looking for.

We purchased memory maker before we left, took lots of photos and are now back. I can see these photos fine on my phone but for some reason when I go to look on my PC at work all I see are the frames where the photos should be. THere are lots of them, some even have the little arrow that shows a video will play, but no images at all.

I tried clearing my cache but that didn't do it. I've tried in both chrome and internet explorer.

Any suggestions?

thanks for any help.

Try Chrome icognito or Safari on Mozilla.

Any suggestions?

thanks for any help.
Since you say this is from work, is it possible that there is some kind of filter / firewall / software on the computer, or network, that is prohibiting you from opening the media?

Try Chrome icognito or Safari on Mozilla.

I tried Chrome Icognito, keep forgetting to try on my Mac at home, hopefully it works there.

As far as a firewall I'm not sure. I get photos on a lot of other sites including similar photo sites like CVS, snapfish or shutterfly, but it could be something about the way the disney site is set up. I know we do have some blocking software, for instance I can't get to facebook or twitter, but it's pretty clear when those sites are blocked.

Not all rides have a photo booth at the end. Off the top of my head, I know Pirates of the Caribbean, and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train do not. There are probably others.
Frozen Ever After and Slinky Dog Dash don't have photo kiosks.

I did try to search for an answer so I apologize if this has been covered.

I have AP. Last August we traveled with my father, who does not have AP but was on our reservation and is linked in my MDE account. For a few photos, he had them scan his magic band. Now those photos are no longer in my account.

I was told that this is because his photos only stay for 45 days whereas mine stay for 1 year. When we had the pictures taken, we were told that it would not make any difference.

So . . .
Question 1- is that correct, that his photos would be gone after 45 days?
Question 2- is there any way to get these photos back or should I not bother calling?
Question 3- is there some setting I'm not considering that would fix this problem (I am having it display everyone's photos, all locations)

I did try to search for an answer so I apologize if this has been covered.

I have AP. Last August we traveled with my father, who does not have AP but was on our reservation and is linked in my MDE account. For a few photos, he had them scan his magic band. Now those photos are no longer in my account.

I was told that this is because his photos only stay for 45 days whereas mine stay for 1 year. When we had the pictures taken, we were told that it would not make any difference.

So . . .
Question 1- is that correct, that his photos would be gone after 45 days?
Question 2- is there any way to get these photos back or should I not bother calling?
Question 3- is there some setting I'm not considering that would fix this problem (I am having it display everyone's photos, all locations)
Any photos taken of linked family & friends should remain viewable in YOUR account for 1 year.

The actual issue with the missing photos may be related to the recent PhotoPass server and website upgrades.

I currently have a valid AP (expires in July) and lost photos of mine that were only 4 or 5 months old as a result of the PhotoPass server/website upgrade. I had previously download them, so I'm not too concerned about them.

Any photos taken of linked family & friends should remain viewable in YOUR account for 1 year.

The actual issue with the missing photos may be related to the recent PhotoPass server and website upgrades.

I currently have a valid AP (expires in July) and lost photos of mine that were only 4 or 5 months old as a result of the PhotoPass server/website upgrade. I had previously download them, so I'm not too concerned about them.

I was hoping that was the case (not that I'm thrilled anyone is losing photos, but rather that this is just a technical issue and not something I should call about).

I realized in the meantime that I did manage to download all of our photos (phew!) around Xmas time, so it's not a total loss.

Thanks!

Ok, dumb question: I have added my husband and kids to my reservation and FP+ and dining bookings but they don’t have their own MDE accounts. Should they for photopass to work, or for other reasons? Will it mess things up to create separate accounts at this point? My kids don’t have phones and we will mostly be together.

Ok, dumb question: I have added my husband and kids to my reservation and FP+ and dining bookings but they don’t have their own MDE accounts. Should they for photopass to work, or for other reasons? Will it mess things up to create separate accounts at this point? My kids don’t have phones and we will mostly be together.

I actually just came to post the same question!

@Tomh is the expert here, but I'm pretty sure, if you're the one who put the Memory Maker on your MDE account, that is all you need. I'm told, only one person needs a band linked to Memory Maker for the pictures to be received. And the only "dumb" questions are the ones you don't ask. :thumbsup2

They don't need their own MDE accounts . . . . more below

I actually just came to post the same question!

Read on :)

@Tomh is the expert here, but I'm pretty sure, if you're the one who put the Memory Maker on your MDE account, that is all you need. I'm told, only one person needs a band linked to Memory Maker for the pictures to be received. And the only "dumb" questions are the ones you don't ask. :thumbsup2

I wouldn't go so far as to say I am an expert, there are plenty who know more, but I am more than happy to share what I do know. Indeed, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

So, as I said above, family members do NOT need to have their own MDE account. You need to have them listed as Family and Friends in your MDE account. When you look at your Family and Friends list, next to their names it should say "Plans managed by me." That is all you need. Photos linked to their Magic Bands (like on ride photos) will be visible in your MDE account, and available for you to download.

While it is possible to create separate accounts for everyone, and still set it up so you can download all the photos, it is not necessary, and just opens up room for mistakes to be made. I would probably leave it the way it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter