Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

In case anyone else was curious about the conspicuous lack of CALENDARS as a product option, I've been told by a CM that they do not have them at this time, though they may add more products in the future.

I take that as a "NO CALENDARS" response. Pretty disappointing.

In case anyone else was curious about the conspicuous lack of CALENDARS as a product option, I've been told by a CM that they do not have them at this time, though they may add more products in the future.

I take that as a "NO CALENDARS" response. Pretty disappointing.
Might I suggest, as an alternative, vista print. I have used them for photo calendars for the past couple of years, and have been quite happy with the results.

A final update, just to provide data points for others. When my Gold Pass became active, it did not retroactively remove the watermarks or change the expiration date on old photos, nor did expired photos reappear in my account. I don't know if this is because of my specific situation (upgrading at renewal time from a Weekday Select to a Gold Pass), or if it indicates that going forward, annual passes will no longer provide access to photos taken in the 365 days prior to activation of the pass. But those of you who were counting on that unadvertised feature may want to tread carefully, as it may have been eliminated as part of the transition to the new site.
Perhaps, the reason for the discrepancy between my experience, and yours, lies in the fact that the old photos which reappeared in my account, I had access to as part of a Memory Maker previously.

Just returned from a trip with just DH and myself. Previous trips over the last 5-6 years, we have gone with several family members and purchased Memory Maker for those trips. This time I only wanted a few pictures to remember the trip, we didn't have very many taken and just got a PhotoPass card. I'm a little disappointed that I must download (buy) the actual photo before it will take all the writing off the picture. I'm not really sure which ones I like best with the fact that they are all covered with the writing. Is that just the way it is, or am I missing something?

Just returned from a trip with just DH and myself. Previous trips over the last 5-6 years, we have gone with several family members and purchased Memory Maker for those trips. This time I only wanted a few pictures to remember the trip, we didn't have very many taken and just got a PhotoPass card. I'm a little disappointed that I must download (buy) the actual photo before it will take all the writing off the picture. I'm not really sure which ones I like best with the fact that they are all covered with the writing. Is that just the way it is, or am I missing something?
That is just the way it is. If they removed the writing from the photos, then people would simply save the photos, and never pay to download them.

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I have an AP. I have family heading to WDW in a few weeks but I will not be going with them. Am I correct in understanding that as long as we are connected in MDE I will be able to download all of their photos for them?

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I have an AP. I have family heading to WDW in a few weeks but I will not be going with them. Am I correct in understanding that as long as we are connected in MDE I will be able to download all of their photos for them?
Yes. As long as each member of your family is connected to you through Friends and Family, you will be able to see, and download their photos.

I haven't read many of the posts, but from your comment it sounds like it's not worth purchasing, is that the general consensus? Thanks.

No. It's not the general consensus. I enjoyed doing the borders on my photos and adding the effects. That's no longer available. However, that is not why I purchase Memory Maker. I purchase it because of the types of photos I got that I couldn't capture with my camera. I will be purchasing again for my June trip.

I haven't read many of the posts, but from your comment it sounds like it's not worth purchasing, is that the general consensus? Thanks.
Memory Maker give you all of your on ride photos, and allows you to have photos taken in the parks of your entire family. I have gotten some amazing photos over the years from it. If you are really that interested in putting frames and stickers on your photos, you can always get a photo editing package, and do as you like at home once you've downloaded the photos.

GIMP is a free, open source photo editing package that is quite powerful, very similar to Adobe Photoshop, and quite a good choice for anyone wanted to get into editing their photos without spending a lot of money on software.

Members of the military can take advantage of a military discount on Memory Maker, and purchase it for $98. The military Memory Maker is retroactive, so that it includes photos that have already been taken. Therefore, it can be purchased at any point during your trip. This has to be purchased in person in Disney World, from a Guest Relations window, or ticket booth. The Military Memory Maker discount is available to both current, and retired members of the Military.

Annual Passholders. Most Annual Passholder levels include free digital downloads of PhotoPass photos. If you have this, there is no need to buy any of the above Photo products. When you activate your Annual Pass, any photos which are currently in your PhotoPass account, as well as any you have taken while your Annual Pass is valid, will be available for you to download at no additional charge.

Okay, I'm sure that answer to my questions are in this thread somewhere but I am having no luck searching so I'll just ask.
1. In Alabama veterans have the word Veterans on their drivers license and that can be used to verify that one is a veteran. Would that suffice in order to to purchase the MM at the military discount or does one need to bring more to verify they are eligible since not all veterans are retired from the service but instead just honorably discharged?
2. I am considering upgrading my 6 day park hopper ticket to an AP when I go in August because there possibly will be another trip in May or June 2020. If I do that, would photopass photos start immediately or would there be a three day delay like it is if you don't purchase it in advance. I don't want to miss the photos taken those first few days of my trip so wanted to clarify if this would be like those purchasing with the military discount and start immediately.

1. In Alabama veterans have the word Veterans on their drivers license and that can be used to verify that one is a veteran. Would that suffice in order to to purchase the MM at the military discount or does one need to bring more to verify they are eligible since not all veterans are retired from the service but instead just honorably discharged?
Disney will most likely want to see a Military ID that's issued by the Department of Defense (DoD).

2. I am considering upgrading my 6 day park hopper ticket to an AP when I go in August because there possibly will be another trip in May or June 2020. If I do that, would photopass photos start immediately or would there be a three day delay like it is if you don't purchase it in advance. I don't want to miss the photos taken those first few days of my trip so wanted to clarify if this would be like those purchasing with the military discount and start immediately.
The Photo download entitlement on eligible annual passes does not have a waiting period.

Disney will most likely want to see a Military ID that's issued by the Department of Defense (DoD).

The Photo download entitlement on eligible annual passes does not have a waiting period.

Awesome. thank you so much for the quick answers.

Okay, I'm sure that answer to my questions are in this thread somewhere but I am having no luck searching so I'll just ask.
My guess is that Disney will require a current valid Military ID.

The Photopass Photos will start immediately with an AP purchase.

Hi! I’m sorry for asking something already in this thread but we’re at the parks now (first visit!) and there are so many pages. Our travel agent booked the Memory Maker under my husband’s name but I’m the only one with a Disney log-in. He would rather not create one. Is there a way for me to be authorized to see the non-watermarked photos or does he just have to make an account?

Hi! I’m sorry for asking something already in this thread but we’re at the parks now (first visit!) and there are so many pages. Our travel agent booked the Memory Maker under my husband’s name but I’m the only one with a Disney log-in. He would rather not create one. Is there a way for me to be authorized to see the non-watermarked photos or does he just have to make an account?

if your husband is in your friends and family you should be good.

Contact your travel agent and get the email and password for your husband's MDE account. I would think that the travel agent had to create an account for him in order to purchase the memory Maker and then attach it to his account. The memory Maker must be attached to an account.

if your husband is in your friends and family you should be good.

That is not how Memory Maker works. Her pictures will be included in his Memory Maker (and I am assuming that they TA already set them up as friends and family . .. . if they did not, it is time for a new TA) however, she will not be able to see photos without water marks, or download photos from her MDE, that will have to be done from his if the purchase was indeed made under his name.

Contact your travel agent and get the email and password for your husband's MDE account. I would think that the travel agent had to create an account for him in order to purchase the memory Maker and then attach it to his account. The memory Maker must be attached to an account.

Yes to this. Your travel agent should have the necessary information for you to log into your husbands MDE account, which you will need in order to download the photos anyway.

That is not how Memory Maker works. Her pictures will be included in his Memory Maker (and I am assuming that they TA already set them up as friends and family . .. . if they did not, it is time for a new TA) however, she will not be able to see photos without water marks, or download photos from her MDE, that will have to be done from his if the purchase was indeed made under his name.

Thanks @Tomh ! I knew I should have tagged you instead! :o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter