Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

This sounds very much like what happened with DLR's Photopass several years ago. Not only can it only be done in the app there, but it only works in the Apple app. And photos had to be emailed to myself to be saved. It's nuts. And it's been that way for several years, so apparently no "fix" coming.

I am certain that this is to reduce the overhead on the server. It is not at all unusual for the photopass servers to be slow nearly to the point of being unusable. By removing the ability to edit photos, they will be significantly reducing server load.

Can you upload more than one picture to your computer at a time?
Yes, you can download multiple images at once using the PhotoPass website. If you hover your mouse over an image, there will be a grey circle with a check mark. If you click that, it will turn green and be flagged for download. You can continue to individually flag photos or select all visible media by using the checkbox that appears just beneath the bar that shows flagged images. Once you've selected what you want to download, click the download button.

I asked in another thread, but thought I should bring it over here.
Renewed AP in July but not going to activate the new one until March 6. Am linked in MDE with someone who was there over Christmas. I can see her photos, with a watermark, and it says they expire Feb. 10. Is the watermark legit (not an error) since I haven’t used my renewed AP yet? (Side question-This would surprise me because isn’t my AP 12 month clock already counting down since it was a renewal, not a new purchase?)
Either way, after these photos expire on Feb. 10, will they reappear in my account again after I activate on March 6? Thank you!

I asked in another thread, but thought I should bring it over here.
Renewed AP in July but not going to activate the new one until March 6. Am linked in MDE with someone who was there over Christmas. I can see her photos, with a watermark, and it says they expire Feb. 10. Is the watermark legit (not an error) since I haven’t used my renewed AP yet? (Side question-This would surprise me because isn’t my AP 12 month clock already counting down since it was a renewal, not a new purchase?)
Either way, after these photos expire on Feb. 10, will they reappear in my account again after I activate on March 6? Thank you!
I answered in the other thread too, but I'll post my answer here as well. Keep in mind, that I have only been an AP holder for a few months, so my first hand knowledge is limited. However, I believe that once you activate / use your AP, any, and all photos that have been in your Photo Pass account during the last year, and 30 days, will reappear without the watermarks, and be available for you to download.

I am sure that someone else with first hand experience will also chime in here. We have a couple of very experienced members helping out in this thread.

I answered in the other thread too, but I'll post my answer here as well. Keep in mind, that I have only been an AP holder for a few months, so my first hand knowledge is limited. However, I believe that once you activate / use your AP, any, and all photos that have been in your Photo Pass account during the last year, and 30 days, will reappear without the watermarks, and be available for you to download.

I am sure that someone else with first hand experience will also chime in here. We have a couple of very experienced members helping out in this thread.
Thanks so much!

I just replied in the other thread too! Based on my experience with AP renewals as well as expiration and activation of a new one months later, you should be good!

Yes, you can download multiple images at once using the PhotoPass website. If you hover your mouse over an image, there will be a grey circle with a check mark. If you click that, it will turn green and be flagged for download. You can continue to individually flag photos or select all visible media by using the checkbox that appears just beneath the bar that shows flagged images. Once you've selected what you want to download, click the download button.
Thank you... I was getting frustrated doing it one picture at a time.

Will the One Day Memory Maker cover pictures at our Chef Mickey’s breakfast?

Yes, the one day Memory Maker will cover all of the photos taken on any one day in Disney World.
I just read on another page that they will take a pic of you with the statue when you first come in, but won’t take any of you interacting with the characters. Is this correct?

I contacted PhotoPass about the inability to edit the photos on the new website. Here's the response I just received from them:

Jan 30, 2:53 PM EST

Greetings Karyn,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding our new Disney PhotoPass® online experience.

We regularly evaluate our products and services and are constantly trying to improve our overall online experience. At this time we no longer offer editing features on the website. However, once an image is purchased and downloaded, you may use any digital editing software on your computer to adjust your images.

The Walt Disney World® and Disneyland® App offers the capability to add borders, stickers and filters, as well as crop your Disney PhotoPass® photos.
1. Select the “Disney PhotoPass®” option on the app.
2. Click on a photograph you wish to enhance and select the word “Edit”
3. From the enhance window, you can add borders, stickers, crop, or filter your photo.
4. After all edits have been made, select the check mark
5. Your edited photo must be saved before closing out the app, as these modifications to not save in our PhotoPass® server.

Please be advised that, any edit made to a photo while in the application will not appear when you view your image at MyDisneyPhotoPass.com.

We hope you enjoy viewing your Disney Memories on DisneyWorld.com/Photopass.

Sincerely,

Oliver
Guest Support Team
Disney Photo Imaging
Phone: 714-520-7106

So it looks like edits can now only be done through the app you we will need to save them on our own. I haven't had a chance to check out the app yet to see how this is going to work but I'm really not happy about this change. I prefer to work with editing the photos on my computer, not my phone or tablet. And we all know how reliable & stable the app isn't.

I don't have an Edit button. All I have is Save/Share/Buy Photo Gifts. Anyone know what's going on?

I just read on another page that they will take a pic of you with the statue when you first come in, but won’t take any of you interacting with the characters. Is this correct?
Character meals have a "host" character that has the PhotoPass photographer with them before you are seated. That picture will link to Memory Maker. Characters that visit the table do not have a photographer with them so you will need to take use your own cameras for photos or ask somebody else to take photos for you. In my experience, the wait staff is always willing if they're around and if not, other diners will almost always volunteer if you're dining solo or you want the entire group in the photo. Just ask.

I don't have an Edit button. All I have is Save/Share/Buy Photo Gifts. Anyone know what's going on?
I don't have an Edit button either. Are you using Apple or Android? I e-mailed them back but haven't received a response yet. As someone else already posted it is in the IOS app for Apple products on the DL app but doesn't appear to exist for Android so far. Judging from their original response to me I doubt they really care since the capability is there for some guests according to them.

Yes, this is true for Chef Mickey's. The Photopass Photographer will take your photos with the statue, but when the characters come around to your table, you will need to take the photos yourself, or ask one of the waitstaff / character handlers if they would be willing to take a family shot for you.

Question regarding "magic shots" - We were just at WDW 01/26-02/01/19. We purchased and used memory maker. In several shots we were posed as if pointing to or looking at something in front of us, in the air or on the ground. On previous trips, these were usually magic shots where a character or something was inserted into the picture that we would be pointing at. However, on this trip that did not happen. We just have pictures of use pointing at nothing. Is this unusual?

Question regarding "magic shots" - We were just at WDW 01/26-02/01/19. We purchased and used memory maker. In several shots we were posed as if pointing to or looking at something in front of us, in the air or on the ground. On previous trips, these were usually magic shots where a character or something was inserted into the picture that we would be pointing at. However, on this trip that did not happen. We just have pictures of use pointing at nothing. Is this unusual?
You can try contacting PhotoPass and see if they might be able to fix those pictures for you. Sounds like somehow the magic slipped through the cracks and didn't get attached to your photos.

Hello! I've purchased a memory maker which I'm sharing with two friends and their kids. It's linked to my MDE account and my friends are all linked to my account via my family and friends list. One of my friends arrives the day before me. Will her pictures from that first day still show up in my memory maker? We're only there for less than a week, so no danger of crossing the 30 day threshold....Thanks!

Hello and thank you in advance for your help!

I'm a bit confused about how Photopass downloads work when it comes to annual pass upgrades and I hope someone can help. I currently have the Weekday Select AP, activated February 1, 2018. This pass does not include Photopass downloads. I have photos that I'd like to download from February and July 2018 (already disappeared from MDE) and October 2018 (some of which will be disappearing tomorrow), and I expect to be in the parks and taking more photos in December 2018 and January 2019.

My understanding is that the cheapest annual pass that includes unlimited downloads is the Gold pass. I have no need for any other benefits of the Gold Pass, but I would really like unlimited photo downloads.

1. If I pay to upgrade to the Gold Pass in a couple weeks, will my expired photos from July and October reappear?

2. What if I don't upgrade now, but just wait to upgrade until February 1st when my pass is expiring, and then renew it as a Gold pass?

Thanks so much for your help.

Just an update: Although it doesn't expire for another month and a half, today I went ahead and renewed my Annual Pass, and I chose the Gold Pass instead of the Weekday Select. When viewing my existing photos, the watermarks are still there, and there's a message above each one that says "Not part of your entitled downloads". My older photos have not reappeared, and my newest ones still indicate the 45 day expiration date.

Should I expect my older photos to reappear in early February when my Gold Pass benefits become active? I'm a little nervous about allowing my photos from last week to disappear before then.

A final update, just to provide data points for others. When my Gold Pass became active, it did not retroactively remove the watermarks or change the expiration date on old photos, nor did expired photos reappear in my account. I don't know if this is because of my specific situation (upgrading at renewal time from a Weekday Select to a Gold Pass), or if it indicates that going forward, annual passes will no longer provide access to photos taken in the 365 days prior to activation of the pass. But those of you who were counting on that unadvertised feature may want to tread carefully, as it may have been eliminated as part of the transition to the new site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!