Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

I just checked the new version of the photopass website. It didn't see a discount offered if you purchase Memory Maker in advance. It now shows only the price of $199, instead of $169. Is this new or did I miss that it has been $199 for a while?

I just checked the new version of the photopass website. It didn't see a discount offered if you purchase Memory Maker in advance. It now shows only the price of $199, instead of $169. Is this new or did I miss that it has been $199 for a while?
Currently, you can only purchase at that the advance price ($169) by using the MDE website.

Direct link to MM purchase page (includes both prices): https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/memory-maker/

The price for MM is so high! We went in 2016 and I don't remember it being so high. I know prices go up, but it seems like a huge leap.

If I remember correctly, it went up by $20 from $149 for the prepurchase to $169 for the prepurchase. That change was a couple of years ago, and the price has remained unchanged since then. $20 is a significant change, but unlike ticket prices, the Memory Maker hasn't increased in price yearly.

Don't know if they've eliminated the ability to edit photos with the new "improved" website but I can't find any way to do anything other than download or delete through MDE. I just went in to look since I have to download some pics before they expire next week. Is there somewhere else I need to go to be able to add the borders and character signatures or can't we do that anymore? I read somewhere that if you had already done your editing you needed to download everything by midnight 1/28 but nothing about what to do after that date if you wanted to edit.

Just updating to add that I was able to go in & edit the photos I wanted to get before they expired using the old website. Hoping the new site will still let us do the the borders & signatures like the old one because I still have a bunch of pictures from 3 other trips last year I need to work on. AP holder so the shots stay available for a year.

Last edited:
Don't know if they've eliminated the ability to edit photos with the new "improved" website but I can't find any way to do anything other than download or delete through MDE. I just went in to look since I have to download some pics before they expire next week. Is there somewhere else I need to go to be able to add the borders and character signatures or can't we do that anymore? I read somewhere that if you had already done your editing you needed to download everything by midnight 1/28 but nothing about what to do after that date if you wanted to edit.

Just updating to add that I was able to go in & edit the photos I wanted to get before they expired using the old website. Hoping the new site will still let us do the the borders & signatures like the old one because I still have a bunch of pictures from 3 other trips last year I need to work on. AP holder so the shots stay available for a year.
I don't seem to see that ability on the new website either.

If I remember correctly, it went up by $20 from $149 for the prepurchase to $169 for the prepurchase. That change was a couple of years ago, and the price has remained unchanged since then. $20 is a significant change, but unlike ticket prices, the Memory Maker hasn't increased in price yearly.

I think it was $149. I knew it wasn't as high as $169. I can understand price increases, but wow! ... the really sock it to ya when they raise their prices.

I think it was $149. I knew it wasn't as high as $169. I can understand price increases, but wow! ... the really sock it to ya when they raise their prices.
Obviously it wasn't as high as $169 for the prepurchase, that is what it is now.

Hi. Final stages of prepping for a trip that has been long in the making. I have MDE account all set up, running the same for my family as well as mother in law and father in law. Did all of our ADRs and 60 FP+ reservations. Hadn't really thought about photopass until now.
Photopass is asking me to "link" my tickets and/or my magic bands to the photopass account. Shouldn't they know this already since i inputted all of this stuff in, especially the tickets. I would not have been able to book FP+ 60 days out if i didn't already have the tickets in the system.
Assuming that i probably still need to do this but do i need to "link" every ticket and fast pass of my entire group to the photopass system? I would guess yes but i wanted an expert opinion.
Thanks in advance.

I posted this question in another thread... anyone have any idea yet...

I don't see the calendar as an option for photo products anymore... has this been discussed already? I hope it will be added... we've done one every year since 2006...

I am sure this was already asked and answered, but I can’t find it. Does the discounted military price only apply to active duty? My husband is former military.

Hi. Final stages of prepping for a trip that has been long in the making. I have MDE account all set up, running the same for my family as well as mother in law and father in law. Did all of our ADRs and 60 FP+ reservations. Hadn't really thought about photopass until now.
Photopass is asking me to "link" my tickets and/or my magic bands to the photopass account. Shouldn't they know this already since i inputted all of this stuff in, especially the tickets. I would not have been able to book FP+ 60 days out if i didn't already have the tickets in the system.
Assuming that i probably still need to do this but do i need to "link" every ticket and fast pass of my entire group to the photopass system? I would guess yes but i wanted an expert opinion.
Thanks in advance.

In the past, the only thing you needed to do was connect through Friends and Family (which is already done if you are managing everyone's MDE profiles) and you were set. However, with Photopass having an all new website, I'm not entirely certain if there have been changes to the way the system works now.

I posted this question in another thread... anyone have any idea yet...

I don't see the calendar as an option for photo products anymore... has this been discussed already? I hope it will be added... we've done one every year since 2006...

With the all new website, it is probably too early for us to know if this is just an over site, or an intended change. The new website also lacks the ability to add boarders, and make edits. Only time will tell if these features will return, or are gone for good.

I am sure this was already asked and answered, but I can’t find it. Does the discounted military price only apply to active duty? My husband is former military.

Unfortunately, I am not certain of the answer to this question, sorry. Hopefully someone with experience, or inside knowledge will chime in!

Hmmm...I guess I am going to have to call. He technically isn't active or retired. He just chose not to re-enlist when his term was over. He has papers showing honorable discharge and everything...he just isn't "retired" from the military. They did let him do the flag ceremony at MK a few years ago, so maybe it's sufficient.

Hmmm...I guess I am going to have to call. He technically isn't active or retired. He just chose not to re-enlist when his term was over. He has papers showing honorable discharge and everything...he just isn't "retired" from the military. They did let him do the flag ceremony at MK a few years ago, so maybe it's sufficient.

I am almost certain that you need a current unexpired military ID to get the PP. We got it earlier this year, and they required my dad's military ID to purchase it (he is fully retired from the military so still has an active ID). It says it can be purchased only by the "Eligible Service member or their spouse" which in other Disney military terms (tickets, rooms) means you must have an active unexpired military ID (so active or fully retired) and those are the only ones who can use the discount. Just having served in the military at some time does not qualify one for military discounts per Disney's policy, as far as I know. I always defer to:

www.militarydisneytips.com

Here is the official word from the Disney site:
Important Details – Special Pricing for Eligible Service Members on Memory Maker, a Disney PhotoPass Product at Walt Disney World Resort

• The specially-priced Memory Maker product can only be purchased at Walt Disney World theme park ticket windows by Eligible Service Members (defined below) or their spouses.
  • "Eligible Service Members" are active or retired members of the U.S. military, including the National Guard, Reservists, the U.S. Coast Guard, the Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service (PHS), and the Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Valid military identification required for purchase. Spouses of Military Service Members and PHS and NOAA Commissioned Corps members also qualify if they are able to present valid and active U.S. Military IDs in the absence of active or retired Military Personnel or Commissioned Corps members.
  • No more than two (2) Memory Maker products may be purchased at the special price by an Eligible Service Member or their spouse (but not both).

I contacted PhotoPass about the inability to edit the photos on the new website. Here's the response I just received from them:

Jan 30, 2:53 PM EST

Greetings Karyn,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding our new Disney PhotoPass® online experience.

We regularly evaluate our products and services and are constantly trying to improve our overall online experience. At this time we no longer offer editing features on the website. However, once an image is purchased and downloaded, you may use any digital editing software on your computer to adjust your images.

The Walt Disney World® and Disneyland® App offers the capability to add borders, stickers and filters, as well as crop your Disney PhotoPass® photos.
1. Select the “Disney PhotoPass®” option on the app.
2. Click on a photograph you wish to enhance and select the word “Edit”
3. From the enhance window, you can add borders, stickers, crop, or filter your photo.
4. After all edits have been made, select the check mark
5. Your edited photo must be saved before closing out the app, as these modifications to not save in our PhotoPass® server.

Please be advised that, any edit made to a photo while in the application will not appear when you view your image at MyDisneyPhotoPass.com.

We hope you enjoy viewing your Disney Memories on DisneyWorld.com/Photopass.

Sincerely,

Oliver
Guest Support Team
Disney Photo Imaging
Phone: 714-520-7106

So it looks like edits can now only be done through the app you we will need to save them on our own. I haven't had a chance to check out the app yet to see how this is going to work but I'm really not happy about this change. I prefer to work with editing the photos on my computer, not my phone or tablet. And we all know how reliable & stable the app isn't.

So it looks like edits can now only be done through the app you we will need to save them on our own. I haven't had a chance to check out the app yet to see how this is going to work but I'm really not happy about this change. I prefer to work with editing the photos on my computer, not my phone or tablet.
If this is true, I have one word for it: LUDICROUS!

Their website has been a royal pain for years. So far, this doesn't strike me as an "upgrade". And if they don't bring back the calendars, I'll have no reason to ever purchase a photo product from them again. Eesh.

I'm going to go count to 10 rather than go on another Disney IT rant... I will NEVER understand how they let this massive company-wide deficiency persist!!!!!! Ugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter