Everything I touch turns to broken. A fantastic Festival of the Arts Trip – January 2023 (Updated 6/22!!)

Following along!

Seems like a fun trip. I am never lucky enough to be there for AH events or DVC MM events, but we're planning on going next January for FArts (why your TR caught my eye!), and I'm hoping we catch one of these events!

We're not going to the Tron preview. But we've gone to Guardians of the Galaxy, Remi, Pandora, and some others. :)
Ohhhh, nice! I've never been to an official preview, but was lucky enough to ride RnR before it officially opened back in the 90s! That was an awesome experience, just my mom and I on the ride over and over again for like an hour.

It’s exhausting but totally worth it. Granted I have a short flight just over 2 hours, sleep on the way down and home. I did a one day trip report for my last time, which was slightly less exhausting than the first time. I am going down next weekend but for a little less than 48 hours.

Here is this times trip report - https://www.disboards.com/threads/epic-1-day-trip-take-2-part-5-updated-12-29.3903156/
That is so cool, I'm impressed! I'm seriously considering it if I can find some cheap flights.

Disney FOMO is SO real!! I totally get it.
Right? I hate that I didn't book a trip for this festival! Now I'm trying to work out my vacation hours for next year to see if I can squeeze in a Flower and Garden trip.

Following along!
:welcome: thanks for joining in!
Seems like a fun trip. I am never lucky enough to be there for AH events or DVC MM events, but we're planning on going next January for FArts (why your TR caught my eye!), and I'm hoping we catch one of these events!
It was such a fun trip, I really want to make January trips a yearly thing now! Hopefully they have these events next year as well for your trip, I've never to the MM (don't own DVC), but I do love after hours, especially at MK!

Day 3, Part 1: A Day Dedicated to the Arts!

I had planned on sleeping in this morning due to the late night prior at HS, but sadly the CMs setting up the club level lounge above me ended up waking me up at 6:20. :sad:

Seriously, if you’re a light sleeper do NOT stay in this room.

I tried really really hard to fall back asleep, but finally gave up around 7:45.

I got up, made coffee (a few cups this morning!), and took a shower. Then took my time getting ready for the day.

I finally headed out for the day at 9:50, and arrived at Ecpot around 10.

My goal this morning was to get photopass pictures and to find the chalk art around Epcot!

I immediately found photopass photographers while in France, so got a bunch of pictures there!

After my photoshoot I found the chalk art there as well.

I then continued my way around WS, strolling through each country looking for and I believe finding all the chalk art. I have to say, I LOVED this activity. It was so relaxing, yet the competitive side of me loved the challenge of trying to find them all!

Here are some of the chalk art I found:

I love how spike is smelling the flowers in this one!

The pascals were fun to find, I love this one with the caramel popcorn on the caramel shop!

In Morocco I found another photopass photographer so of course stopped!

While in America, I popped into the art store they had set up there, and was immediately drawn to a painting. I LOVED it. Seriously, I couldn’t stop looking at it. (funny enough I looked up the artist when I got home and this is supposed to be a nursery print! HA! Oh well, I still love it!)

Now, I had given myself a $1k allowance for art this trip, so in case I found something I just had to have I could buy it, but sadly the price of this original piece was like $2500, which was a tad over my budget! While I loved it and would have really loved the original, I couldn’t bring myself to spend that much. I did however ask the CM working there if they had smaller prints of it I could buy. He said they did but not at that location, but he looked in his book and said they had them at the Odyssey. Awesome! On the way out I took a quick picture of it so I could easily show it to the CM at the Odyssey to find where it was (I’m so glad I did this since it became a bit of a challenge to find this piece!).

Before leaving the America Pavillion I finally found a photopass photographer at one of those art pieces you step into, so of course I stopped!

I was a bit sad that I hardly saw any photopass photographers at these things this week, I wanted more pictures in them, but couldn’t get them being by myself.

After getting my pictures I continued my way around WS looking for the chalk art, finding another photopass photographer in Italy. (look how empty the place is!)

After my photos and more hunting down the chalk art, I finally found myself in Mexico.

Next up Eating My Way Around the World

Last edited:

I was really hoping for a MK after hours for our April trip but sadly only DHS the week we are there.
I really feel you get a bang for your buck with the MK AH event.
The noise level in some of the rooms, as I get older, ugh 😑 I start to get anxious just thinking about it, lol 😆
I hate hearing everything going on around me at bedtime. I have been wearing earplugs now on all my trips!
The chalk art is such a fun scavenger all on its own!
I made it to all the festivals for the first time in 2022 and F&G is still my all time favorite with FArts coming in second!
My sister will experience her first F&G with me in April, I’m so excited!

I think we were in Epcot the same day! I'll have to keep a lookout for us in the background of your pics. :jumping1:

That really stinks that you had such an early wakeup unintentionally. Super frustrating! I have literally gotten to where I can't fall asleep anywhere without earplugs. I have forgotten to bring them once and was woken up in the middle of the night with someone going in and out of their room at 1 am and letting the door slam behind them over and over!

I loved all of the little characters they had hidden around WS, especially those Pascals! They are super cute and fun to hunt for.

I then continued my way around WS, strolling through each country looking for and I believe finding all the chalk art. I have to say, I LOVED this activity. It was so relaxing, yet the competitive side of me loved the challenge of trying to find them all!
I never noticed the chalk art on the buildings when we were there last month. I thought they only did sidewalk chalk art.
(look how empty the place is!)
It is nice that World Showcase is no longer roped off in the morning. :)

What a fun morning! I adore all the chalk art. I think there was more this year but I could be wrong. Nothing like a morning in World Showcase and when you add in all the extras of the Festival of the Arts and it's just perfection. Glad you found some art you liked. I picked up a couple of pieces myself. :)

I was really hoping for a MK after hours for our April trip but sadly only DHS the week we are there.
I really feel you get a bang for your buck with the MK AH event.
Yeah, the MK ones are great, I do feel you get more for the cost there over HS. HS was fun, but I'll stick to MK from now on!
The noise level in some of the rooms, as I get older, ugh 😑 I start to get anxious just thinking about it, lol 😆
I hate hearing everything going on around me at bedtime. I have been wearing earplugs now on all my trips!
Haha, I feel the same way. I actually had ear plugs with me, but the noise was so loud I could hear it even with the earplugs in!
The chalk art is such a fun scavenger all on its own!
It really is! I loved trying to find them all!
I made it to all the festivals for the first time in 2022 and F&G is still my all time favorite with FArts coming in second!
Nice! Right now FARTs is my favorite, buuuuut if F&W finally brings back the special events this year that'll take the top spot again. I really miss the special events.
My sister will experience her first F&G with me in April, I’m so excited!
That's so awesome! Hope you have a great trip!

I think we were in Epcot the same day! I'll have to keep a lookout for us in the background of your pics. :jumping1:
Haha! I do that too, still haven't found myself in the background in anyone else's trip reports, but I did spy myself on a Disney vlog once!
That really stinks that you had such an early wakeup unintentionally. Super frustrating! I have literally gotten to where I can't fall asleep anywhere without earplugs. I have forgotten to bring them once and was woken up in the middle of the night with someone going in and out of their room at 1 am and letting the door slam behind them over and over!
Yeah, not the best room to be in. I did actually have earplugs with me, but the noise from the lounge was so loud I could hear it even with the earplugs.
I loved all of the little characters they had hidden around WS, especially those Pascals! They are super cute and fun to hunt for.
Yes! It was so much fun trying to find them all.

I never noticed the chalk art on the buildings when we were there last month. I thought they only did sidewalk chalk art.
They did a really good job hiding a bunch of them, if I wasn't looking for them I would have totally missed them!
It is nice that World Showcase is no longer roped off in the morning. :)
It really is, I love being able to explore the countries before the crowds arrive!

What a fun morning! I adore all the chalk art. I think there was more this year but I could be wrong. Nothing like a morning in World Showcase and when you add in all the extras of the Festival of the Arts and it's just perfection. Glad you found some art you liked. I picked up a couple of pieces myself. :)
It was such a great morning, I had so much fun hunting for the chalk art! They had some really cute art there, I could have bought more, but sadly I have a very small house and I'm running out of wall space!

We were there last year for Farts, but I am now regretting all of the things I didn't even really notice/look for. Good thing we're heading back next year!! ;)
Definitely need to check out the chalk, do the paint by numbers, hit up the booths, scavenger hunts...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter