Everything I touch turns to broken. A fantastic Festival of the Arts Trip – January 2023 (Updated 6/22!!)

I'm heading down for a solo trip in about 2.5 weeks (actually going to be in Orlando for a conference, so of course, I've added some Disney days to the trip). It will be my first time at FARTs too, so I'm looking forward to reading about your experience!
Oh fun! I keep wanting to go to a conference in Orlando so I can add on some Disney days. Sadly my office has never been willing to pay for me to travel that far for conferences! Hope you have an amazing time!

I think that is normal to have a feeling that something will go wrong. I always feel that way. :)
Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way before a trip! It makes me so uneasy, but then everything works out great!
Tuesday seems to be the least crowded day to fly. It's just too bad that Disney jacks up the price of Friday and Saturday stays at their deluxe resorts and so we aren't always able to take advantage of a Tuesday flight.
I'd believe that, the airport was super quiet compared to when I normally fly in. I also hate they increase the prices on the weekend, sometimes it's impossible to only be there during the week unless we're only down there for like two days. I guess that's why Disney does it...
Was this a solo trip?
Yup, just me this time around.

Day 1, Part 2: First Taste of FARTs!

At this point in the morning I was about to burst from excitement. There was food and art to get to!

So after dropping my stuff off at Bell Services, I made my way out the back door and over to Epcot.

This morning before leaving for the airport I even put sunblock on so I would have no delays once I arrived at the YC, I was so excited to finally get back to Epcot.

The walk over was so nice, the weather this day was absolutely perfect. Mid 60s at that time, a very light breeze, and beautiful blue sky. I took pictures on my walk over.

Getting into Epcot was a breeze this morning since the skyliner was down this week for maintenance (YAY!!!!! :cool1:) I need to travel to Disney whenever the skyliner is down, the IG is back to it’s former, calm, glory. It’s fabulous. It really made me see what a big impact the skyliner makes on that entrance when it’s up and running, compared to September when there was always a line to get in, this week there was never a line. I loved it!

My plan this morning was to start hitting up the food booths (aka food studios), but since I was there so early (like 10:20 at that point), they weren’t open, so once in the park I swung by the store at the IG to pick up the Figment scavenger hunt map. The CM also let me grab the prize at that point as well, which is good because I totally did not find all the figments! HA!

I LOVE the prizes, they’re these little statues that you paint, they are so cute! I got the figment one.

Once done shopping, I strolled around getting pictures of the FARTs decorations and chalk art.

I love how the flowers look like the paint spilling out!

I saw the chalk artists were out making their art, so stopped to watch for a bit.

This was so cool to see, these people are so incredibly talented!

I also found some photopass photographers!

Another reason I love traveling in January, the lack of humidity most days. My hair actually behaved for most of the trip! (except for Wednesday when it was hot and humid of course :rotfl: )

I was hoping the food booths would open at 10:30 like they often do during Food and Wine, but they held pretty firm on the 11:00am opening with only one or two booths I saw opening just a hair early.

One of the first booths to open was the pop eats booth, and I was so happy it was because one of my must try items was there!

Here I got the Tomato Soup with Pimento Cheese, Bacon, and Fried Green Tomato Grilled Cheese. I also got the Brooklyn Brewery Pulp Art Hazy IPA.

I took my goodies to a table and dug in.

Oh my goodness, this was delicious! This ended up being tied with one other dish as my favorite at this festival. The flavors of the grilled cheese were just amazing, I wish I got a second one before leaving this week!

My next stop was the deconstructed dish. Here I got the Deconstructed French Onion Soup and the Wicked Weed Brewing Blank Canvas Belgian Blonde Witbier.

This was just ok, it was suuuuuper onion-y, like almost too much so. The beer was really good though, I liked it better than the IPA from Pot Eats.

NEXT UP: The Famous Popcorn Bucket!

Wow, just the first morning in, and you have made me want to go! We have done all the other festivals, and loved them (Flower Garden is my favorite) so we really must do FARTS! Can't wait for more.

Joining in! I love FArts, such a fun festival. I have been 3 times and have to miss it this year!
The grilled cheese and tomato soup sounds really good and you are among many who gave it awesome reviews!
Looking forward to your report!

My next stop was the deconstructed dish. Here I got the Deconstructed French Onion Soup
This is one of the ugliest dishes I've ever seen. ;)

I don't quite get the "deconstructed" theme for so many of the foods, but I guess that makes it "artsy".

The tomato soup and grilled cheese looks like a good size meal.

Off to a great start.

Now, I love french onion soup, but I had zero clue that was what that picture was until you said it was deconstructed french onion soup. I give it a 0 on visual appeal....

I love FARTS. But alas, the semester schedule usually doesn't allow for me to go. I will live vicariously through you.

And I'm sorry but nothing about that last dish said French Onion Soup. I don't care how much you say it is "deconstructed."

Wow, just the first morning in, and you have made me want to go! We have done all the other festivals, and loved them (Flower Garden is my favorite) so we really must do FARTS! Can't wait for more.
Haha! That first morning I was already so impressed with this festival! I love how much there is to explore and the fun little activities. Plus there is so much art, it's all over the place. I could have spent another day or so just checking out all the art!

Joining in! I love FArts, such a fun festival. I have been 3 times and have to miss it this year!
The grilled cheese and tomato soup sounds really good and you are among many who gave it awesome reviews!
Looking forward to your report!
I'm sorry you have to miss it this year, I agree it is such a fun festival!

That grilled cheese was so ridiculously good. I need to try to make it at home, I absolutely loved it!

This is one of the ugliest dishes I've ever seen. ;)

I don't quite get the "deconstructed" theme for so many of the foods, but I guess that makes it "artsy".
Haha, right? It was interesting, but I wish I got the deconstructed key lime pie instead! That at least looked kinda cool.
The tomato soup and grilled cheese looks like a good size meal.
It was surprisingly a lot of food! I'm glad it was because it was so delicious!

Off to a great start.

Now, I love french onion soup, but I had zero clue that was what that picture was until you said it was deconstructed french onion soup. I give it a 0 on visual appeal....
HA! I know, it's kind of a stretch to call it soup. I had high hopes for this dish but it didn't really taste like french onion soup, it was just onions. Oh well, at least it was fun to try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter