Everything i read states i am too young

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
So I had a interesting night last night

My day was normal until 5pm

I went to the restroom and all heck broke loose it hurt to use the restroom so i took a home uti test and it came back postive

My dh is like i notice that you where getting sick for two weeks how would he know before me

I can explain away all my symptoms i had up till 5pm last night

Nausa side effect of anxiety at least in my case
Lack of appetite small stomach and a lot on my mind pluse i spend my mornings at the gym so I fill up on water

I relized i was not clear based on a response being only 34 it should not have taken two weeks for me to relize that i had a uti

Last edited:
Nausea and lack of appetite are not my normal symptoms.

I had a UTI when pregnant (at age 30) and I did not notice anything. I only found out because they routinely test for it. My only symptom may have been frequent urination, but that happens when pregnant anyhow.
I also had one at age 24 when pregnant but did notice the frequent urination. Again, that was my only symptom.

I've had one UTI in my life (that I know of) and lack of appetite and nausea were not symptoms I had.
My dd had quite a battle with a UTI recently and also did not have those symptoms.
If they were the only symptoms you had until last night then I wouldn't beat yourself up over it as I don't believe those are typical of UTI's.

Id think it would be the opposite. I'd say at 34 you should recognize those symptoms pretty quickly, and you are too old not to notice them lol

But i did not start with the frequent urination like i have not even the urination every 30 minutes that is how it starts

It was a normally about with extreme burning to the point where it burned so bad that i had to cancel the rest of my gym class and get to urgent care before they closed

But i did not start with the frequent urination like i have not even the urination every 30 minutes that is how it starts

It was a normally about with extreme burning to the point where it burned so bad that i had to cancel the rest of my gym class and get to urgent care before they closed
Like someone else said, don't beat yourself up over it. I had one last year that I did not notice at all until I had bad abdominal pain (like bent over with pain). I shrugged it off as cramps, then went to the doctor. Doctor didn't even recognize it at first at, I went for an scan (had to drink that horrible stuff and pay a ton of money), turns out it was just a UTI.

You likely didn't have a UTI that long without the pain during urination. These things develop quickly and symptoms start almost immediately in most cases, so I'd put the nausea and lack of appetite down to the causes you mentioned, which make a lot more sense. If you developed a UTI 2 weeks ago, and did nothing about it, you would probably have a raging kidney infection by now, and have way worse symptoms than some nausea and small appetite.

It is more likely that the stress you have mentioned lowered your immunity and led to the development of the UTI.

My dh noticed and did not say a word to me how he noticed when it was not his body is beyond me
To be blunt, why would your husband think he knows what you feel like when you pee? He doesn't and has no idea. If you had a UTI for two weeks, you'd be in much worse shape than you are.

To be blunt, why would your husband think he knows what you feel like when you pee? He doesn't and has no idea. If you had a UTI for two weeks, you'd be in much worse shape than you are.
I asked him this he says that he knows that nasusa is a side effect of my anxiety but for the last two weeks it seemed worse than usual

I asked him this he says that he knows that nasusa is a side effect of my anxiety but for the last two weeks it seemed worse than usual
Even if he only thought it was due to increased anxiety, he should have talked to you about it.

Like I've said before, I am not married, I have not been in a real relationship, so you can tell me to take my opinions & advice and stick it if you want but I think you and your DH need to go to counseling and figure things out.

Even if he only thought it was due to increased anxiety, he should have talked to you about it.

Like I've said before, I am not married, I have not been in a real relationship, so you can tell me to take my opinions & advice and stick it if you want but I think you and your DH need to go to counseling and figure things out.

I agree and i see my therpist on Tuesday so i can talk to her about it and see if she can recommended someone else because he did not like our last councilor (sp)

Why would he let you suffer for two weeks? I don’t think he has your best interests in mind, based on past threads.

Without going into it too much, OP has very openly posted for years that both her and her husband have capability challenges. It’s the reason her mother is so involved in her life, and the reason I think she and her husband have huge misunderstandings. Posters that haven’t been around long probably don’t know the backstory. I don’t think he’s sinister.

Without going into it too much, OP has very openly posted for years that both her and her husband have capability challenges. It’s the reason her mother is so involved in her life, and the reason I think she and her husband have huge misunderstandings. Posters that haven’t been around long probably don’t know the backstory. I don’t think he’s sinister.
I can't speak for Kimblebee, but most people are well aware of Tink's challenges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!