Everything Hurts & I Need A Bathroom! A First Timer's Guide to 2018's Disneyland (COMPLETE)

I am LIVING for your trip report. My husband and I are planning to go to DL in December which is so far away so your TR is helping hold me over until we actually go!

I just adore Heimlich :) I'm glad you got to ride his train!! You certainly were able to use up every minute of this day so far!!!

He's the main reason to watch A Bug's Life tbh and his ride is the main reason to go to Bug's Land lol And we really were, we do not lag around at all.

The Newsboy show is the best, Suitcase & a Dream always gets stuck in my head!! You got some great pics. And I love the pic with Groot!

IT IS! Thank you! I can't wait to be able to go see it as much as I want to in a few months and get a million more pics of it lol And Groot is such a gem, love him.

I am LIVING for your trip report. My husband and I are planning to go to DL in December which is so far away so your TR is helping hold me over until we actually go!

Omg thank you and :welcome:

Wow, that is far away, but you're gonna have the best time with the Christmas decor lemme tell ya. It really is extra magical at a Disney park during the holidays. :thumbsup2

Was a bit delayed catching up with the TR, for obvious reasons!

Understandably I was a bit ticked off and when I'm ticked off I don't flip out, I pull out the receipts then I take to snapchat and expose you to the world for your incompetencies.
Oh Timmy...of course you would! :P

Well, after taking that vid, Raven & I sat around waiting for the News Boys show to arrive since it was still scheduled... but they didn't show up. Five minutes went by and still not there. Goofy had come out by Carthay Circle so we were about to head over when all of the sudden we could hear "Side By Side" playing down the street signaling their arrival. We quickly ran back to the fountain to find out something odd was happening. Raven noted that Mickey was on the Trolley which doesn't happen since he makes a surprise appearance later in the show (no more surprise for me). I said maybe they just needed to bring him over or something rather than something else, which what Raven was suggesting was a cancellation of the regular show. Well, her suspicions were confirmed as the Trolley made its round then went directly back down to Hollywoodland where it came from. The showing we had come to, after skipping out on a ride that we were about to get on, was CANCELLED.
That's so annoying! :mad:

Luckily this building had a cool montage of Disney clips and art playing, which was very entertaining to me to the point where I totally was no-shame singing along.
I love the animation building and don't go there nearly enough! The clips are so gorgeous especially how they are all coordinated!

Oh Timmy...of course you would! :P

QbvQ_f-maxage-0.gif

That's so annoying! :mad:

The ground was wet so it made sense, but it was odd how they went about it. :/

I love the animation building and don't go there nearly enough! The clips are so gorgeous especially how they are all coordinated!

They are. Oh I can't wait to just start napping in there this summer because yeah totally will.

They are. Oh I can't wait to just start napping in there this summer because yeah totally will.
Best place to nap for me is in Grand Californian Lobby. There is the fireplace alcove/room with plenty of rocking chairs. The light is low and you can just stare at the fire and rock and fall asleep so quickly! Even if it is hot outside, it is a delightfully peaceful place!

The One In Which Timmy Eats And That's All That Matters

::yes::

Changes the names and this title describes my life at Disney.

Lesley had told us we needed to see it with lights which had just gone on prior to us chilling at Galactic Grill and it was pretty dark by the time we got over to IASW and WOW.

Pretty!!

However as we were walking by, we noticed someone had left a backstage door WIDE open. We believe it was the area behind Peter Pan's Flight (even if the bathroom is right behind the Alice in Wonderland attraction) because this is what we saw:

Ooops! Also, woah! Little backstage tour for free here. lol

I'm going to skip the formalities here and say...

:butterfly Disneyland's Fantasmic IS AMAZING!!! :butterfly

Like WOW.

Oh my gosh I wanna see it so bad yay!!

I found out Raven, a WDWCP alumni, NEVER SAW STUDIOS'S VERSION. I was shocked, but said it wasn't a big deal. She was only missing out on a real messy and pretty whitewashed Poca section. Yup, moving on...

:laughing: Yep. Accurate.

For those of you who DON'T know, Jungle Cruise Skipper is my DREAM role! Like even above Haunted Mansion butler, I want to be the teller of all the corniest jokes in the jungle and if you don't laugh at them, your swimming instructor. Or not. I think we all know I'd leave you to drown if you didn't laugh at my jokes. SAVAGE.

This is totally my dream role, too! Or safari truck driver at AK!

I can't remember all of the jokes, but they were so nuanced and many I had not heard before or were such clever spins on jokes I liked. It was literally an entirely different Jungle Cruise from what I remember. He did ask early on in the ride who was not from California to which I raised my hand. He then said, "Welcome aboard, SUCKER!" It was HILARIOUS. The best one was when Kinzie asked about his gun to which he went off on her about. It was so funny. Later, during the rock jokes sequence, he ROASTED her with the rock jokes about the gun thing. It was UNREAL. Raven and I could not BREATHE, we were dying. Unfortunately, the cruise had to end and we had to breathe, but I made sure to @DisneylandToday on Twitter with the #CastCompliments hashtag to let them know how awesome John was. I really hope he saw it and continues to be a bomb skipper. I'd honestly DIE if I ever got him again during my CP.

I LOVE him!! A good skipper makes or breaks a jungle cruise!

If you didn't know, although I'm sure you do since most of you far exceed my Disney nerdiness, Walt used to have an apartment above the Main Street firehouse for when he was alive and would visit his park regularly. He would invite special guests up there as well as his family all the time. The way he would let people know he was there though was lighting the lamp that stood in the window looking out over Main Street. So way back in the late 50s and early 60s, if you saw the lamp on, Walt was around, if it was off, he wasn't around. After he passed, it was decided to keep the lamp on for good as long as Disneyland existed, for if Disneyland exists, Walt's spirit lives on. *wipes away single tear*

:sad::love:

A little side announcement here, but Raven, my park buddy on this trip, just got into the DCP at Disneyland too! She's doing the Fall Advantage program because she graduates this spring so it seemed a better choice than summer. She'll be working in retail once again. She arrives a little less than a month after me, however she is already local so she'll be around and I'll be getting to see her a lot even before her check-in date. But OOOOOHHHHH, I can't stand this waiting, this is shaping up to be the MOST. MAGICAL. SUMMER. EVER.

Oh my gosh yay!! And congrats to Raven!

You are a postcard. 100%

For the record, I'm not a big fan of Cars. Like I've only managed to see the first one as I thought the sequels were super unnecessary. I know I used to listen to the soundtrack for the first one a lot one summer (primarily just Sheryl Crow's "Real Gone" on repeat), but that's about all the emotional connection I have.

Just incase you wanted my opinion, the first Cars movie is good. The second is terrible and was a waste of 2 hours of my life. The third is decent.

I'd like to see Cars land in Disneyland though just for the theming!

Your excitement meeting characters is legit pulling at my heartstrings!

You spent a lot of time around CMs and characters during your DCP. What are your thoughts on how characters and attendants typically feel about adults who are living for M&Gs? Are they typically super on board for that? Weirded out? Feel like you're taking time away from kids? Etc? Because I'm a big fan of the M&G, and expect I always will be.

In my haste, a big family had crept on us and was near cutting us in line. Normally I don't make a fuss, but they weren't being friendly or accidental about it, they were obviously trying to cut us. When the line inched forward a bit, Raven & I stealthily blocked them off and reclaimed our spot. I know they were going to be talking smack, but I ignored it. I used to meet characters a lot and once had to deal with the whole "I have children so I have precedence over you greedy adult" argument from a mom (I'm not even joking, this mom went off on me wow). One of these moms in line behind us also TOTALLY had the "I'd like to speak with your manager" hair-do that's a dead giveaway for being the type of person to go off like that. Soon Raven tilted her phone at me to let me know they were talking about us. Oh the song of my life. Bless their entitled souls that this line probably didn't have a cut off since it's a continuous M&G and they weren't getting shoved away by the character attendant for being both insufferable as well as probably not being smart about M&Gs in general (as most are since they never know when they should get in line to meet a character BLEH).

OMG uggghh! I can not stand this kind of family. It always happens in queue lines!!

My immediate thought was Anna had an incident or something. She is a total klutz ya know.

:laughing:

Raven knew better and we peeked around the corner when Anna jumped out from behind the curtain on the other side of the doorway.

Omg that sneaky Anna! tehehe

Super cute!

This show looks amazing!! :lovestruc

:eek: Groot looks so cool!! I've only ever seen baby Groot at DHS!

::yes::

Changes the names and this title describes my life at Disney.

I'm just so relatable lol

Ooops! Also, woah! Little backstage tour for free here. lol

Like actually. I'm still wondering why the door was left open. There literally was not one CM nearby.

Oh my gosh I wanna see it so bad yay!!

Get to Disneyland now! You NEED to see it.

:laughing: Yep. Accurate.

AdolescentAbsoluteHare-size_restricted.gif

This is totally my dream role, too! Or safari truck driver at AK!

That would be fun too, but I think I prefer comedy to facts. I feel I'd get bored just rattling off facts on a safari.

You are a postcard. 100%

giphy.gif

Just incase you wanted my opinion, the first Cars movie is good. The second is terrible and was a waste of 2 hours of my life. The third is decent.

I'd like to see Cars land in Disneyland though just for the theming!

That's what I seem to hear. I think I'll watch the sequels one day eventually, but I'm not dying to watch. And YES, check it out, it is an incredible work of imagineering. Needs to be seen at least once by any Disney fan.

Your excitement meeting characters is legit pulling at my heartstrings!

You spent a lot of time around CMs and characters during your DCP. What are your thoughts on how characters and attendants typically feel about adults who are living for M&Gs? Are they typically super on board for that? Weirded out? Feel like you're taking time away from kids? Etc? Because I'm a big fan of the M&G, and expect I always will be.

Awww :goodvibes

To answer your question, as a cast member, you are taught that there isn't adults and kids. Everyone is a kid when you're at Disney and we try to treat you as such. In terms of if characters and attendants follow through, generally they do. My roommate was an attendant and I became friends with a few performers as a result of meeting them and they love having adults who come meet them often, sometimes more than kids. It's just a nice break from certain things they have to do with kids that can be a bit taxing. I had an incident when I was the last one to meet Belle for the day at Epcot during a really busy time. It was me and another CM about the same age as me who were the last in line. A bunch of families had come up while the attendant was away and got mad for a multitude of reasons, but thought that they could have priority over us two because we weren't kids. The attendant completely defended us, we planned out our day properly, that family did not, their loss. The only issue any of them will ever have is adults acting inappropriately with characters (which happens A LOT). Kids are known to do this too and that's really all that upsets them understandably.

OMG uggghh! I can not stand this kind of family. It always happens in queue lines!!

See my story above. They are THE WORST type of family. :sad2:

Super cute!

Thank you!

This show looks amazing!! :lovestruc

It is! I can't wait to go see it again on the daily this summer. :goodvibes

:eek: Groot looks so cool!! I've only ever seen baby Groot at DHS!

Oh I still want to meet Baby Groot and Starlord so bad. They need to bring them out for meets in DCA, although Groot is fabulous, but I want those two too!

To answer your question, as a cast member, you are taught that there isn't adults and kids. Everyone is a kid when you're at Disney and we try to treat you as such. In terms of if characters and attendants follow through, generally they do. My roommate was an attendant and I became friends with a few performers as a result of meeting them and they love having adults who come meet them often, sometimes more than kids. It's just a nice break from certain things they have to do with kids that can be a bit taxing. I had an incident when I was the last one to meet Belle for the day at Epcot during a really busy time. It was me and another CM about the same age as me who were the last in line. A bunch of families had come up while the attendant was away and got mad for a multitude of reasons, but thought that they could have priority over us two because we weren't kids. The attendant completely defended us, we planned out our day properly, that family did not, their loss.

That's so good to know! I think it's cool that they try to instill that mindset in all the CMs in your training. If there was ever a place for an adult to get to be a kid again, Disney's it!

The only issue any of them will ever have is adults acting inappropriately with characters (which happens A LOT). Kids are known to do this too and that's really all that upsets them understandably.

Uggh I can only imagine. Especially for some of the performers who wear more revealing costumes. People are really uncool or gross sometimes.

Or those adults who try to make performers "break character" or try to ruin the magic for people around them! That makes me mad. I mean, like, when I'm at WDW, Cinderella IS Cinderella. Mickey IS Mickey. Go be a loser somewhere else and don't ruin things for the families around you.

It is! I can't wait to go see it again on the daily this summer. :goodvibes

This is the DREAM!! :lovestruc So happy for you!

Oh I still want to meet Baby Groot and Starlord so bad. They need to bring them out for meets in DCA, although Groot is fabulous, but I want those two too!

Baby Groot is so presh! And Starlord has been great when we've met him. A+ M&G.

The Confusing Case of the Le Fou's Brew and the Red's Apple Freeze
January 11th, 2018

We left off with Raven and I on the search for some nourishment. I wasn't super in the mood for a meal so I said I wanted to grab a refreshing snack. Raven on the other hand wanted a meal, but decided to satisfy my needs then we would head over to go take care of hers. Perfect trade-off so we went on over to Cars Land.

If y'all had followed my TRs in the past know I LOVE Le Fou's Brew. For those non-WDW vets, Le Fou's Brew is the signature drink at Gaston's Tavern in the Magic Kingdom. It's a non-alcoholic apple juice-marshmallow mix slush with passion fruit mango foam on top. It is EVERYTHING. I used to get one every day before work until I started not really spending much time in MK prior to work. It was the best way to prepare me for my shifts.

Now, I found out in my planning for Disneyland, that there is a carbon copy in DCA. The carbon copy I came to find out is called Red's Apple Freeze and can be found at the Cozy Cone motel. In hindsight, I probably should've looked for a new drink to lust over, but LAWD HELP ME IF I'M GOING TO GET MY BREW FIX. So in Cars Land, we went straight for the Cozy Cone Motel to get me my Red's Apple Freeze. When I went up to the cone where they sold them, I saw that it came in a souvenir mug and was like "What the heck? Why not!"

Before long, I was walking away with a big cup of Marshmallow Fruity goodness mmmmm

I also found out I got a little bit of pixie dust as the cast member who made it made the foam look like this...

Initially, I thought it was a normal thing but then Raven told me it's usually made like the normal Le Fou's Brew where they just slosh it on. Wow, I got myself a magical moment and didn't even realize. Don't know why since I kinda went up, got my drink and left. Someone was just feeling that benevolent I guess. Thank you mystery CM for that! Wish I had gotten your name!

After that, Raven was hankering for a burger so we headed over to Grizzly Peak. On the way, knowing Soarin' was nearby, we decided to snag another FP. Soarin' Around The World was my favorite at Epcot and I'm probably the only person who prefers it to Over California (it's not a Cali thing, trust me) and we still had MaxPass so again, WHY. NOT. Our destination was Smokejumper's Grill so we headed there first. When we got there, I got overwhelmed by the aroma from inside and decided to also get myself a full meal. I don't remember what Raven got, I think it was just a classic cheeseburger, while I got a Buffalo Chicken Slider with a side of fries. I didn't get pics, but I know neither of us were able to finish. We also were totally making messes of ourselves including me dropping part of the slider out on the table. Oh good times. Eventually, we had filled ourselves up and it was about time for our FP for Soarin'.

Soarin' definitely was being very reminiscent for us about how the park was definitely hitting its peak times. Both FP and standby were packed. Luckily FP still moved rather fast. My first impression of DCA's Soarin' was how much better the theming was. Epcot's Soarin' is kinda just plopped in the land and doesn't give off huge vibes as to what it's about minus the costumes and the aviation games. Here, you know you're walking into an airplane hangar where all the decor inside is about celebrating aviation, still with the classic Soarin' theme playing in the background. I took one pic of the Aviation Hall of Fame.

DCA def got the upper hand on their Soarin' based on queue line. Oh yeah, def better than Epcot's. Unfortunately, right as I really began appreciating this Soarin', my stomach started acting funky. I felt like I was pushing it with the burger since I wasn't too too hungry and I think it started catching up with me. I did get on Soarin' and rode it through, including the part where I forgot I was in DCA and went to the Epcot exit of the ride, which is the opposite of the DCA exit. Oh Epcot, how I miss you. Anyways, as soon as I got off, I made a mad dash for the restroom and stayed there for awhile not to be TMI. In short, I'm not eating after everyone tells me I need to eat. I KNOW when I need to eat.

Once I got out, both Raven & I were definitely feeling recharged. It had already been a long few days and these breaks were getting more and more important for us. We again couldn't think of any rides to get FPs for. Raven suggested Goofy's Sky School, but it just looked like another Primeval Whirl type attraction minus the spinning so I nixed that idea. We decided to check for characters and Pluto was meeting just around the bend so we went off that way to go meet him! Pluto, as you know, is my favorite (nope the username does not fool you) as well as Raven's so we were pretty lit for this M&G.

Waiting in line, the attendant was going up and down the line interacting with everyone. He was very friendly and complimented me on my Powerline shirt. Then he just started making a slew of puns like he was a skipper on the Jungle Cruise. I told him that, but it was right as we were meeting Pluto and Raven kinda shrieked when she went up to him so it kinda got lost in the fire. I tried to get his name, but thought of it too late. However, I did see him again later in the trip, but I'm getting ahead. IT WAS PLUTO TIME!!!

Oh, how I missed my boy! He gave us the biggest hugs and near didn't want us to leave. I almost thought he was about to walk off with us, but that unfortunately didn't happen and we were shooed away. He was so happy to know he was our favorite and just was the happiest I'd ever seen him. Gosh, I love my puppy prince! And I love that photo of us doing the puppy pose with him, so so cute.

Our character meets were going so well, we didn't want to stop! Not to mention, still no major rides in mind so we checked the times and noticed a certain power duo was coming out soon so we headed over there. Who was this duo I speak so vaguely of? I think you know, I'm not going to answer that until the next chapter hehehe

Continued Here

Last edited:
Now, I found out in my planning for Disneyland, that there is a carbon copy in DCA. The carbon copy I came to find out is called Red's Apple Freeze and can be found at the Cozy Cone motel. In hindsight, I probably should've looked for a new drink to lust over, but LAWD HELP ME IF I'M GOING TO GET MY BREW FIX. So in Cars Land, we went straight for the Cozy Cone Motel to get me my Red's Apple Freeze. When I went up to the cone where they sold them, I saw that it came in a souvenir mug and was like "What the heck? Why not!"

Before long, I was walking away with a big cup of Marshmallow Fruity goodness mmmmm

No way, I didn't realize they had basically the same drink at DLR! Yum!!

Oh my gosh, how cute is this! You lucked into a little pixie dust. :)

Epcot's Soarin' is kinda just plopped in the land and doesn't give off huge vibes as to what it's about minus the costumes and the aviation games. Here, you know you're walking into an airplane hangar where all the decor inside is about celebrating aviation, still with the classic Soarin' theme playing in the background.

That's really cool! A stark difference from the queue at Epcot, which looks kinda neat but has very little to do with the actual theme of the ride.

Aww Pluto! Also, I'm just noticing how cute your little backpack is.

This is awesome!

Long time lurker, just binge read. Are you my spirit animal, because we’re basically the same?

Hello :welcome: Glad to see you've come out of hiding.

Omg WUT Me? A spirit animal? Well, idk. How the same?

I'm jealous of your Cars Land souvenir cup, it's adorable!

Such cute pics with Pluto!

It sits so perfectly on my desk at school (too bad can't find any cute drinks worth putting in it lol)

And thank you! He's such a babe, isn't he?

No way, I didn't realize they had basically the same drink at DLR! Yum!!

Yeah. I'm not even sure which came first but I'm so happy the Brew exists on the west coast :goodvibes

That's really cool! A stark difference from the queue at Epcot, which looks kinda neat but has very little to do with the actual theme of the ride.

I never even paid mind to it before and now it's so glaring. If only Epcot could've done something a little different when they got Soarin'. If only.

Aww Pluto! Also, I'm just noticing how cute your little backpack is.

HE'S SO PRESH. Thank you! It's been my one true park buddy since my college program *sigh*

This is awesome!

One of my fave photos from the trip.

Don't Be Weird... And Things Get Weird Anyways
January 11th, 2018

To hold all the suspense a bit longer, we were off towards Hollywoodland for this M&G...

Any guesses? No?

Well, I'm still not telling.

I'll tell you we did walk in on a rather long line. It was not cut off, but it existed. We had a bit of waiting to do until this mystery duo came out (omg, but REALLY IF THEY DID *dead*). We were talking about what other plans we had for M&Gs for the rest of the trip to see if we could conquer most of them today. A girl in front of us in line overheard and jumped in telling us about all the characters she had met. She was really sweet but a bit over-enthusiastic. It was a bit much, helped past the time, but a bit much. Raven was much better about hiding her... uncomfortableness than me.

I was able to however distract myself as we saw Spidey then Captain America walk off from their M&Gs. Not to be more TMI than usual, they fit those suits WELL. Later, Raven also noticed during both of those characters breaks from meeting the guests of DCA, a guy had walked out from where they had exited with a very Steve Rogers looking build and appearance. I took notice and well... there was my distraction for the rest of the waiting, aside from when the duo snuck out. One part of this duo sometimes isn't out for some reason so we were nervous he wasn't going to meet. We saw him though and within minutes, they were on-stage in front of us...

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

The mystery duo was...

LOKI & THOR!

The minute I heard Loki was starting meets with Thor, I HAD to go meet them. I've always had a big crush on Tom Hiddleston and an off/on with Chris Hemsworth (after Ragnarok though, I'm pretty cemented about him) so this was a must. Unfortunately, at the time, I wasn't too aware of their backstory minus what the combined MCU films said about them. Luckily Raven (note her saying, "I'm your fan") was very up on her MCU and Marvel Comics so we were good to go.

We still had some waiting, which included discussions about Infinity War and Black Panther (which I have seen and HIGHLY RECOMMEND AND I'M SO EXCITED TO BE ABLE TO MEET T'CHALLA IN THE PARK IN MAY). Primarily Infinity War since I'm still so nervous about this film. I know Thanos gonna kill a lot of my faves and I'm just not ready for it. Nope, not ready. Except actually so ready.

Anyways, it was time to meet the God of Thunder and the God of Mischief. Adoptive brothers. They came right up to us, towering over both of us and looking... pretty good. I definitely swallowed my tongue walking up to them. I don't remember much since they primarily talked amongst themselves or to Raven. However before that, they turned to the girl in front of us who was giggling like a maniac and said, "Don't be weird." It was the funniest most nonchalant thing I've ever heard said and it killed both of us.

After that, it was just wild M&G. I don't even recall much of what happened. I know I was there and that they were picking on each other, trying to outwit the other. It was pretty hilarious. At some point, they asked me a question and I didn't know what to do, resulting in this typical candid.

Then, they asked us to do some protectors of Asgard poses or something. Raven & I weren't sure what to do but we made the best of what us non-deities could do.

Again, I don't remember. I just know this meet was wild and hysterical and Raven & I just didn't know what to do with ourselves after. I know I took a look at the Steve Rogers look-a-like before we turned away because we both were in need of another bathroom break. Following the bathroom break, Raven was telling me an ex-boyfriend of hers was in the park. Raven had been snapping us around the park and he noticed so he asked to maybe meet up. Raven didn't seem keen as AWKWARDNESS obviously. She said that he's nice, however we were thinking about heading down to Paradise Pier so we headed into the thick of DCA when she saw him. She was all frantic trying to figure out whether she wanted to see him or not. Eventually she did and well... party of two became party of five with his friends and we all headed to Paradise Pier.

This part of our DCA adventures could be summed up in...

ContentTestyBasil-size_restricted.gif

If y'all didn't know I'm not a boys' boy, hence why the majority of my friends are female and I'm more comfortable around females. Well, now I was surrounded by some boys' boys and well I was the equivalent of huddling in a corner. I did talk to them, it took awhile, but I did. It's just... Raven didn't seem as much about this as I was and yeah, look at the gif. It was the BIG MOOD. However, one of them had a Stormtrooper or Yoda backpack, which was cute. I lived for that, but I can't talk to a backpack so... win some lose some.

We went over to Paradise Pier on the far side to go ride Silly Symphony Swings!

I love a good swing ride and this has little wait, it goes up over all of Paradise Pier and it was just about turning into golden hour so PERFECT TIME TO RIDE.

I actually managed to snapchat basically the entire thing. Enjoy me and my weird husky broken vocal chords scream of joy!

Click to watch!

Also lol @ my ears near flying off and having to hold them with my free hand. Good times. Nope, no ears were lost in the making of this TR.

Once we got off of SSS, we discussed what we were doing next. Raven & I were definitely thinking of going to catch Cap's next set. They were more about going on another ride or getting food. We then decided to split off and swiftly said goodbye. Raven & I both breathed a sigh of relief. Heaven bless I'm an antisocial shy individual who doesn't care when I must push people away. Well, we were now free of the straights and were on our way to meeting the REAL Daddy Steve Rogers (yup, I did just type that and I stand by it).

When we got over to his meet, the attendant that was running the line told us he'd be taking a break to meet with Iron Man, but he'd be back out not long after. We were ok with this, again not in any rush for any attractions and got a spot in line. I don't remember what we did to pass the time here since we were waiting for quite a bit. Cap met two more families then left for fifteen minutes. Eventually, he came back and it was time to meet my favorite star spangled man with the plan *swoon*

Am I Peggy Carter yet?

As you can tell, I was swooning hardcore and my homosexuality was out in full force. In other words, I was awkward af. How could you not be when confronted with a smile and eyes like that? When I walked up, I clumsily asked if Tony Stark had fixed his shield for him. If you recall Civil War, it got pretty banged up and well... Cap was confused by that since it was such a vague question so we moved on. Otherwise, it was a nice conversation albeit a little awkward because Cap is a little awkward (he was once as skinny as me so understandable and was paraded around as the poster child of war), he was very friendly. He had us take two photos with him so I guess he also liked us. First was obvi the classic Cap salute then he asked who are fave Avengers were. Raven said Hulk, I said Tom H-erm-Spidey, hence our second photo. It was a successful meet and got our ground covered on the West coast Marvel characters since we can't meet them on the East (unless we go to Universal where they are obviously NOT the real deal).

After meeting him, Raven reminded me we needed to go to the Blue wall of DCA. It was golden hour and the perfect time to go! It also was right across from Cap's M&G so we bolted over to where the empty studio next to Monsters Inc. was and went to work. Raven wanted a quick photo this time so I took one and it's actually currently her profile on Instagram so YEAH I DID THAT. Me on the other hand... one of mine's my Facebook profile but I had a whole photoshoot cause I was feeling very self-judgmental and didn't like any of the photos I took. You tell me if you think I was being harsh because I'm still not so sure...

Yup, we even took out my DSLR for this. I know, I'm absolutely ridiculous. The only one I thought was half-way decent was the real sassy looking one. Sass is a signature lewk for me for a reason. Well, after the jumping shot was a bust, we packed up and continued on our way. We were still in the mood to cover more of our tracks with M&Gs so we headed back to Buena Vista Street for some twilight fab five fun! Stick around for that fabulosity!

giphy.gif

Continued Here

Last edited:
OoOo the awkwardness...sorry you had to deal with that :scared:

Cute character meet photos! And I am loving your blue wall photos, I think they all came out fab!!

Okay, brace yourself – I came in late on this epic tale and can’t help but comment on anything that tickles my brain. Don’t feel obligated to respond to my meanderings, it’s just what I do :thumbsup2

Starting off it is somehow fulfilling to see someone from back east feel the pain that me and mine feel when we take those WDW trips – I can tell ya I feel your pain with the 4am wake-up followed by up to 12hrs of flight/airport time.

Yeah, the pickup area of LAX is always a big wake-up call on the insanity of SoCal. Sorry that your Hollywood experience was such a wet one. Way to stick it out and good deal finding someone selling umbrellas. And I had no idea that Tinkerbell had a star!

I know the debate is real, and even though I’m a “west coaster” I think In and Out is overrated. I’m glad you got to experience it, but I’m going to say that 5 Guys is much better. We got an In and Out the next town over a year ago and one just opened up in my city two miles from my house and I haven’t been to either. We have 5 Guys two hours north and any time I’m on a road trip up that way I try to coordinate my schedule to be able to stop in.

Glad you got to experience the Tram and it is quite the difference from being “on property” at WDW and the time involved in using the busses, boats, and monorail to get to the different parks goes “poof” at DLR with both parks right there! Bummer that there were all those walls on Main Street and at the Hub :confused:

The Pocahontas meet looked like fun, and I really do like the randomness of the secondary characters just showing up in different places. That’s how I found Mad Hatter & Tweedledee and Tweedledum over by Michael the Ragtime Piano Player and Mary and Bert. I also had a good convo with Bert as I was wearing my Mary Poppins shirt from having been in a local production of it. Great pics with the two of them.

Great pics in the castle and Fantasy Faire. Sorry you had no HM, it is a fave of ours too. And I totally agree in relation to the FP system in comparison to the evil that is Magic Bands and specifically having to reserve FPs months before you travel – that just plain sucks and takes all of the spontaneity out of a trip and doesn’t allow for last minute changes. Glad you had such a great experience with PoTC though! pirate:

Huzzah for Dole Whip goodness and I agree on all your points on DL’s Tomorrowland. But IASW is loads better, especially with the holiday theming. And as far as SM, that is a bummer that you didn’t get the full experience. I think from a ride perspective (keep my neck in place) and an effects perspective it is much better at DL. Glad you liked Matterhorn.

Yay for getting surprised with Peter Pan, he is my kids fave too. And Hook is mine (even when he is sending kids to the pavement) so you made my day by getting the duo! Hope you get to do the M&G with Pan later. Nice shots at the wishing well! Glad you liked BTMRR and that you got the full goat effect! I’ll have a vid on our experience with the Goat up on Day 3 of my TR.

And I got a great laugh out of your set of evocative pics at the closed entrance to the Mansion :rotfl2:, so sorry you missed experiencing it though :(

HUGE congrats on getting to do the college program again, and at Disneyland no less! And meeting up with Lesley and getting those alumni pins – bonus! You'll be seeing HM in all its glory soon enough.

Dang, RRCS got you too aye (your thumb)? On one of our spins on the ride my arm was on the side of the car and we spun on a turn and it yanked my arm forward, leaving a bruise about an inch wide and 3 inches long.

I’m with you on your rant about the loss of the GMR at DHS, it is a real shame as it was one of our favorites going all the way back to the Disney-MGM Studios days. Our last ride of it was back in 2012. RIP GMR, you will be missed! AWESOME M&G with Mickey!

I’m glad you got such a great Fantasmic! experience, that is awesome, *Warning – rant zone* but it does show the complete breakdown in the way the CMs work the ropes there. The front/center area is supposed to be dining package only (as you noted from your experiences at DHS) and we could tell from the crowds when we got there that way more than package people were in the space. Props to you guys for getting that view but it really does burn my bacon that we paid $60 per person for a meal and what was supposed to be priority seating. Only to find that the CMs didn’t give a crap who they let in as long as they had some sort of ticket. *Rant over*. And to be clear EVERY other CM experience we had was very positive and we go out of our way to let them know. …oh, and I totally agree that the show itself is MUCH better than DHS’s.

You didn’t miss the Jingle Cruise, they didn’t do it for the holidays in 2017. I was kind of bummed when I read they weren’t doing it – but the garland was back on Main Street so that made up for it. We also got a great skipper, glad you had such a good time with Skipper John. I love the concept that they can come up with their own material. And yes, I think you’d make an epic Skipper.

Nice shots leaving the park and I never tire of hearing fellow Disney fans talk about the firehouse and Walt’s lamp.

Isn’t it so very cool getting to GoTG first thing before it gets crowded? I was there for early entry/rope drop and was in the first elevator to ride …and rode again two more times. I will always love going to ToT at WDW with its enhanced trip thru the hotel. But I’ll take "Mission:Breakout" over it any day of the week. Oh, and the library/preshow area is actually themed as the Collector’s Office if someone hadn’t already told you or you found out later in your trip.

Great shots in front of the Pier and sorry you didn’t get to experience it. Glad you enjoyed the work of the Imagineers in Cars Land, even if you didn’t care for the movies. I love walking thru Radiator Springs and experiencing it on RSR. Sorry you missed the Rollickin’ Roadsters after waiting in line for a show that was running all afternoon and that you waited for a show that didn’t happen :confused3 Sounds like the Goofy M&G made up for it though, followed by great Frozen M&Gs!

Huzzah for getting to see the next showing of the Red Care Trolley Newsboys. Cool Groot meeting, sorry it was so short. We went in as a group of four and he really took his time with us. Nice that you got him dancing though!

I love me some Cozy Cone snacks, yay for that unexpected Magical Moment! Great interaction with Pluto too. Looking forward to reading more of your adventures popcorn::

Oh, I love that you're so honest about your awkwardness. I am all kinds of "come on strong but be dying inside" and just try to avoid people as much as possible. Thank heavens we have smart phones now. Makes it so much easier to be socially awkward by pretending to have business on your phone when you're really playing Emoji Blitz.

Another great chapter. Love how much you're living for characters!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter