Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

I am at the CBR transfer station (755am) and they are holding us until approximately 8:30 to dispatch us over to Epcot.

There are only about 12 to 15 people in front of me.

@scrappinginontario on the MK rides open during ETPE, can we have a line in there saying the lands that are open and closed? "Fantasyland and Tomorrowland are the only ones open during ETPE" I think that will help people narrow down quicker.

I thought Contempo was quick service only and you could not Uber for quick service? Would be interested to know if this was a quick service reservation and you were able to enter. Thanks!

I thought Contempo was quick service only and you could not Uber for quick service? Would be interested to know if this was a quick service reservation and you were able to enter. Thanks!
You are correct that you cannot get a dining reservation for a quick service location so picking up quick service food at the Contemporary does not qualify a guest to be dropped off by a ride share service.

I believe @soniam may have been using 'Contempo' as a short form for 'Contemporary' but that's just my guess.

@scrappinginontario on the MK rides open during ETPE, can we have a line in there saying the lands that are open and closed? "Fantasyland and Tomorrowland are the only ones open during ETPE" I think that will help people narrow down quicker.
Thank you for your suggestion. Post 1 has been updated.

Forgive me if this has been asked & answered, but even though Ratatouille is not open during ETPE, is the queue line open so you get in line before park opens? If so, how early can you get in line?

Forgive me if this has been asked & answered, but even though Ratatouille is not open during ETPE, is the queue line open so you get in line before park opens? If so, how early can you get in line?
This ride is only available via Boarding Group or paid ILL$. There is not a standby line for Ratatouille.

I was wondering if Kilimajaro Safaris is open in the extra half hour for resort guests. We were hoping to rope drop this as the animals are more active in the morning.
Not only is it not open, but technically it dos not open until 8:15. if today is typical, they will have the rope up outside of KS. At a little after 8 they will lead the line into the queue and the ride will start around 8:15.

That may change when the clocks turn back. Apparently they need to give themselves and the animals enough time after dawn to be ready. You can check the official attraction hours in the app anytime.

Today at Art of Animation the animal kingdom bus showed up at 6:18 a.m. and the driver pulled out at 6:22 a.m.

I happened to have good luck with that early pickup.

I was one of the first 15 people waiting outside the security checkpoint.

I was able to line up first at a tap style and was probably the very first person in the park this morning.

Today's report from AoA

MK day Oct 24th 2021---8:30 opening for resort guests/9am for the general public

651 left room
654 I was the second one there
701 bus queue was 33 percent full.
709 bus arrived and we have 2 ecvs to load
722 we are driving past the MK parking lots
725 taking a left into the MK bus depot
731 driver released us from the bus….we had to wait until it was 730….no earlier than that
734 at security…about 25 people back

There is rain forecasted for the time window I would be standing outside and/or walking over to TT or Frozen for ETPE and/or rope drop at Epcot.
I do not feel like doing that.
I will be going to the park later in the day.

Just wanted to update based on my daughter's experience at MK yesterday. She got to the park entrance around 7:45 (from a bus from CBR) but I don't think they opened the turnstiles until 8. They then were held at the entrance to Tomorrowland until 8:30.

People going to Fantasyland and SDMT were held at the hub spoke entrance by Tea Cups. So they are definitely using that entrance as well to separate Fantasyland vs Tomorrowland guests in case someone wants to update the first post to clarify.

How early do you need to get to the tapstiles in order to be at the front of the line for RD rides like 7DMT, FOP and RR? Will be staying at BWI so can walk to HS just not sure what time to get there. Hopin we can still grab a quick breakfast at 7am and head over

How early do you need to get to the tapstiles in order to be at the front of the line for RD rides like 7DMT, FOP and RR? Will be staying at BWI so can walk to HS just not sure what time to get there. Hopin we can still grab a quick breakfast at 7am and head over
Your question has been merged with Everything Early Entry. Post 1 has the information you're looking for.

If we are staying at Poly and going to MK for ETPE, what transportation option starts the earliest: resort monorail, walking to TTC for express monorail or walking to TTC for ferry? I read everything but am still unclear.

If we are staying at Poly and going to MK for ETPE, what transportation option starts the earliest: resort monorail, walking to TTC for express monorail or walking to TTC for ferry? I read everything but am still unclear.
Normally walking allows you the earliest entry but it's not guaranteed. Monorail and ferry can start at similar times. One day one is faster and another day the other one is. There is no real set advantage of monorail vs. ferry.

Walk from Poly to MK.....you will be rewarded by not being dependent on any transportation schedules.

After reading Post 1, am I understanding this correctly: For DHS the parking lots open at the same time that the buses start running and the tapstiles open for ETPE eligible guests? (ie. 1 hour prior to ETPE?)

Please respond back with how that works out for Frozen. We are there next Tuesday and Frozen is the one ride my granddaughters will have to ride. We are resort guests so can enter 30 minutes early. Thanks in advance!

Interested in this as well. We arrive on November 6th. Epcot has varying opening times that week by day (either 10 or 11). To do standby for Frozen do we really need to be at our gate (International gateway) a full hour before “early entry” time?

After reading Post 1, am I understanding this correctly: For DHS the parking lots open at the same time that the buses start running and the tapstiles open for ETPE eligible guests? (ie. 1 hour prior to ETPE?)
Everything opens at approx the same time although historically the order (separated by a few mins) is walkers - buses/Skyliner - driving guests.

Bus/Skyliner tend to start arriving a couple of minutes earlier than the cars but this can change. There is no hard and fast rule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter