Everybody Wants to be a WISH Cat (or dog, or goose, etc...) - October 2016 WISH Challenge

I usually don't stress too much. I do stress more when I am in full on planning mode and my husband doesn't answer me quick enough. I do most of the planning while we are at work. I get two 15 minute breaks and an hour lunch. He doesn't take any breaks. So it is really my fault for bugging him at work.

Are you me? Because this is my exact situation LOL.

Looks like we get a ticket voucher 4 hours after paying, then Parksavers will send us a FP+ code (which I'm assuming is the MDE ticket code for magic band and FP+) 3 days from now. We obviously need to buy B's ticket tomorrow or Sunday to make sure we get everything figured out before 11/9 when FP+ opens for us.

I'm behind due to this cold! It is draining all my energy.

I don't do cheat days unless I feel like I need one. I once heard Jillian Michaels say in an interview that your calories for the day should be 80% healthy and 20% whatever you want. That way you don't deny yourself and then go overboard. I feel like that fits my lifestyle better and I try to stick to that. My favorite cheat is peanut butter cups.

I don't usually dress up for Halloween, it hard enough to get the kids out the door :) but I love seeing everyone else's!

I don't do cheat days unless I feel like I need one. I once heard Jillian Michaels say in an interview that your calories for the day should be 80% healthy and 20% whatever you want. That way you don't deny yourself and then go overboard. I feel like that fits my lifestyle better and I try to stick to that.

That's a good way of thinking about it. That's probably more sustainable for me as well!

I'm so behind this morning. I reluctantly went to a coworker's Halloween party last night, thinking that I wasn't going to have much fun and only stay an hour, and ended up staying and shutting them down at 2am :rotfl2: soooooo I'm just starting my day. Oops!

Question of the Weekend - October 29-30

The parks in the US
don't really have any seasonal costume changes for our friend Marie.

But overseas is a different story entirely!

IMG_0056.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

Costumes mean Halloween. And Halloween means treats abounding!

How are you handling the abundance of treats this time of year?

I'm behind due to this cold! It is draining all my energy.

I know exactly how you feel :worried:

I don't do cheat days unless I feel like I need one. I once heard Jillian Michaels say in an interview that your calories for the day should be 80% healthy and 20% whatever you want. That way you don't deny yourself and then go overboard. I feel like that fits my lifestyle better and I try to stick to that. My favorite cheat is peanut butter cups.

I like this as really I don't think there is anyway at the moment I could make it through a week without some treat.

Hi all,

I am catching up - DS15 has been sick and he passed it on to me and I have been feeling just awful - yesterday I couldn't even stand to watch tv - I just laid in bed sleeping or reading a book - it is so not like me to not have some tv time in my day. I did drag myself out for a few hours to see a friend who was over from New Zealand though. The twins went to a Halloween Ice-Skating Party Friday night - this was the day I started feeling unwell and I think the almost 3 hours in the cool ice-skating ring helped me along - by the time I got home and crawled into bed I felt horrible. Feeling a little better today - but still headachy.

Treats: I eat way too many way too often - whilst I know I couldn't do without something each day I really do need to reign it in.
Disney Halloween: I was Snow White last year. DD was Minnie Mouse this year - I told my kids this year I was not spending $$ on costumes so they had to find something we had - DD had a red tulle skirt so we found our mouse ears from DL and she chose my black and red sequinned ear headband - so with the skirt, black leggings, a cute long sleeve lace shirt and some cute make-up she was a very gorgeous Minnie Mouse (If I do say so myself lol) - Oh and she wore her MM shoe slippers in/out - last year she was Rapunzel.
Halloween Treats: As it isn't all that big over here it isn't really an issue - but I am just having the usual treats I always do.

I am sorry that I have been so absent. Lots of stuff going on. One of it me being very active with my exercise program. The good news is that the scale has finally decided to move a little. I still hate the number, I was hoping to get to a nice low weight before vacation. But in some ways this will hopefully help me with more discipline while on vacation!

I have actually decided that I will draw up a meal plan for when I come back from vacation as well as a shopping list for that first day. So, when I feel besides myself from jet lag, I can go out to the grocery store and don't have to think, just pick up what is on the list. Also planning on putting something healthy but delicious into the freezer for that first day. I feel if I manage to get back on track immediately after vacation, this will help a lot with the vacation weight gain. I think a lot of that is actually the after vacation weight gain when I am back home and fall back into old unhealthy patterns!

Treats: as of right now, we aren't giving out candy, so no treats coming in the house! We managed to miss most of the yummy Halloween treats by accident while we were in Disney, haha, and we've already gone through the MNSSHP that we got and liked, so there's not much in the house right now. I'm on a chocolate kick (still!) so there are some mini Hershey bats here that I really have to watch myself on.

I'm on a big "back on track" kick right now - lots of protein and very few carbs on hand currently, so YAY for that!! We are headed back down to Disney at the end of November for a crazy impulsive short visit to see the Christmas lights. We booked the Hollywood Studios dessert party for their new fireworks show, and there are unlimited cupcakes and drinks there... I will allow myself to indulge that night, but for the most part it shouldn't be hard for me to stay on track through the holidays. Plenty of turkey abounds at Thanksgiving, so protein will be plentiful, plus veggies. I'll just have to watch the yams! LOL

My goal is to be down 40lbs by Dapper Day at the end of April. I'm dying to attend (already have an outfit planned for both myself AND DH and they're WONDERFUL) and I want to not be self conscious about myself the whole time. So, I'm back! And with the weather STILL in the 90s here (UGH), I'm not letting myself get caught up in winter hibernating prep. Gotta get out and enjoy the sunshine while I can!

I am not handling it well! I need to be stronger. Especially today after racing 10 miles I feel like I am allowed to eat whatever I want.

I raced a 10 miler this morning through a historic cemetery in downtown Jacksonville. It was so awesome to run past graves from the 1800s in the fog as the sun came up. The best part was the mausoleums. I had no clue we had cemeteries like that around here. I came in at 2:14:59 just 30 seconds short of a PR!

It is the evening of the 31st here so pretty much my October is over - I cannot believe it - it really whizzed by :worried:.

Final Report: 88.7% - I estimated it may actually be a little better - as I did really well until last week when I got distracted with health issues and getting sick - so I know I had more takeaway last week but can't remember exactly what :confused3 So I ate more takeout in the last week than the previous 3 weeks of the month! I will say that I didn't have as much enjoyment from the takeout as usual - it was mostly the convenience of it. Overall I am ok with the outcome and I aim to continue to cut back going forward. I got some bloodwork back this morning that showed my Cholesterol is actually up a bit from last time - but this wasn't a fasting blood test so I'm not sure if that makes a difference - but just more of a reminder I really have to make a better effort.

A great big :thanks: to @Lady Marie for hosting this month sometimes at very challenging times with the weather - your support was truly appreciated :D and of course I enjoyed the kitty cats and other animal friends who helped us as well.

Question of the Day - October 31

Happy Halloween!

"Wait a minute! I'm the leader! I'm the one who says when it's the end..."

tumblr_n8k2g2NVP21s8lk9fo1_500.gif

"It's the end!"

Happy End of the Month, everyone!

We've learned painting, piano, and practiced our scales and arpeggios this month.

Did you learn anything else about yourself or your journey this month?

What were your final results?

What are some things you want to focus on for the future?

No treats for me! I don't trust myself to have them in the house so kids don't get anything from me. I know, it's lame. But the only way I'd be able to get through AND have candy would be to have candy that I don't like and if there's leftover I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of gross candy!

I am really getting back into the focus. I think for me, the key to self-control and making better choices is to work out. Not to "fuel" my body per se, but mostly because I don't like the thought of busting my butt at the gym for an hour and then coming home and undoing all that hard work and then some with bad choices. So my focus until probably the end of the year is going to be working out. Obviously, I hope that weight loss or inch loss follows that but that's not going to be my primary focus.

_____

I had a great weekend actually! I did indulge but all-in-all I don't feel like I overdid it or ruined any progress that I did over the week. I even hit the gym on Saturday which was very much needed because I was having an anxiety/depression filled day and it helped a little to get some endorphins.

Thank you @Lady Marie for the wonderful thread this month!!!

I am really getting back into the focus. I think for me, the key to self-control and making better choices is to work out. Not to "fuel" my body per se, but mostly because I don't like the thought of busting my butt at the gym for an hour and then coming home and undoing all that hard work and then some with bad choices. So my focus until probably the end of the year is going to be working out. Obviously, I hope that weight loss or inch loss follows that but that's not going to be my primary focus.

I was going to post nearly the same!! I was so unhappy with the lack of weight loss that I decided to focus on something else this month. And at first I was just not seeing any results. And now, the last week of the month the movement suddenly started! As of today I am back in the "normal" weight range. No longer overweight! And I do feel strong and happy!

I will post my final results later tonight as I still need to get one workout in to make the month count as much as possible.

@Lady Marie I absolutely loved the theme this month and am sorry that I did not participate more. Somehow I was not doing that well for long stretches this month and just did not feel chatty. And I was really sad about it because your thread was so much fun! It still was a great inspiration every day!

Happy Halloween!

"It's the end!"

We've learned painting, piano, and practiced our scales and arpeggios this month.

I have learned that I do stress eat more then I wish I did. I am also starting to realize I need to stop letting life get in the way of me time. I have not really worked out in awhile. In the future I need to work more on me.

I forgot to weigh myself this morning but I am pretty sure I am the same weight. So I am about 30% of my goal.

I saw a friend this weekend that I haven't seen in awhile. She was really surprised at how good I look. She said it looks like I lost a lot of weight. I have lost 10 pounds but I just don't feel like I lost a lot. Maybe because I have only maintained for about 2 months now.

I sucked this month. My weight has been good, but I haven't ran in over two weeks and haven't been posting.

We ended up making the playoffs the last week of the season, but lost in the first round on Saturday. Football is over. The good news is I'll have a lot more time now to work on some personal goals - first one being to get back out running. I'm also ready to spend more time with my kids!

Thanks to @Lady Marie for hosting - hope to see everyone in the November thread.

Happy Halloween!

"It's the end!"

Sorry, having some technical difficulties this morning :).

I'm back! I had two lovely vacations and despite a lot of eating (on the Texas tour we were eating three full meals a day, something I never do) I didn't put on any more weight... didn't lose any, but heck at least the tide has been stalled. I'm refreshed and ready to jump in to November and get 100% back on track.

Goals results for October:

No fast food... I did hit Taco Time for a quick lunch the Monday I was flying out to WDW, so that's 97%. I did do Pilates at home when I was at home, so I'm going to give myself 100%. Maintaining 10,000 steps per day, not even close, so 0%.

Average of all three: 66%

And THANKS @ladymarie for hosting!

Last edited:
"It's the end!"

Thank you for hosting such a great, fun month! :)

My final results: 100% of goal.

Focus on: cross-training, learning how to run hills. Continuing to eat better around my races because it's sooo easy to be like "eat all the things" afterward.

I learned that the more I track my food the better I eat. Not really surprising but I need to get better at sticking to it.

My final result was 81% not too bad but I definitely have room for improvement

Thanks @Lady Marie for an awesome month!

I got to visit my niece last night and she's so cute. Was born at 11:11 am on 10/26/2016 (such magical numbers!) - 9.5 pounds and 20 inches long. Mom, Dad and baby are doing great. I didnt get to hold her yet since she was only 7 hours old when we went to visit, but I figure there's plenty of time for that over the next several years :P

Ice cream. I can pass on cake or pie or anything else.... but ice cream is my weakness. Have to have it if it's in front of me :)

Congrats on the new baby "niece"!! So sweet.... and big!

Have you tried Halo Top ice cream??

Hi, friends! We are back home from our Disney trip! We actually made pretty good time on our drive home yesterday and got back to our house (including a stop by my parents' to pick up our dog) at 11pm last night.

I meant to check in before we left, but last week was insane around here trying to get all of the last minute things done before we left and get all of my open orders out the door. I weighed in at 219.2 last Thursday and Friday mornings, which means I hit 100% of my goal for the month! Yay!!! However, after looking at our photos from this trip, I can tell you right now that even being back technically "below" 220 is NOT my happy place. I love food so much and love eating, but I do NOT love how I look and how hard it is to find clothes that fit and I feel comfortable in, so it's time to find a way to get skinny again but still eat all the yummy things.

This Disney trip was a very weird one, and for the most part the magic was definitely missing... but impulsively we became AP's on our last day (which, when it's time to pay bills I will probably regret LOL) so we can have do-over visits! I'm currently looking at dates and prices and plane fares and even looking into credit cards with flight rewards and decent interest rates to transfer a current balance onto, as the interest rate on the current card is pretty high... I'm trying hard to find a way to get us there in December of this year, and I'm still hoping I can get us down there again for the Princess 5K in February, and I'd love to go for Dapper Day in April... We're also planning to go with my parents in October 2017, too, if we can swing it. So much Disneying, but that means I HAVE to buckle down and get to dropping some weight. I definitely want to be down 30lbs by the race in February, and I'd love to be down 50 by April. I also need to learn some intense money-saving tricks from the sounds of things, haha.

Anyway, so far the PDD is at bay, as I can focus on working toward future trips and I have open orders to come home to, which is a totally different situation than when we came home last year. Fingers crossed that good things will happen soon, including some substantial weight loss!

I enjoyed all of your photos and such from your trip! And wowza on the AP's!!

I try to have just 1 cheat day where I just may not eat as good not too bad either. I do love ice cream, white cake with white frosting and Oreo cookies. I just try to keep none of it int he house. I am pretty good with that part. Lately I have been craving chocolate. I typically don't so I don't know what the deal is.

I did make into work today. My husband came home around 11 to work from home the rest of the day. I am not sure my son was even sick. I believe his stomach did hurt this morning. He is not one to complain about it. My husband said he is now acting fine. Who knows what it was. At least he will be good for tomorrow.

Have YOU tried the Halo Top ice cream? If you get a chance, try the birthday cake flavor.... super sweet, like cake and frosting.

QOTD:

COOKIES AND COOKIE DOUGH! I can say no to almost anything EXCEPT cookies or cookie dough. I was managing myself with a bag or two or the Lorna Doone 100 calorie packs per week.... but I graduated to the Pillsbury Halloween shape ones that come out for the holidays. I was only having a serving size a couple times a week (rather than the old days where I would eat 12...) and I was still loosing so I thought that was a happy balance. Maybe not though being that the scale jumped up this week rather aggressively.

Although on that note, I have been having a glass of wine every night (helps me sleep while on these heart meds and the doctor said it would be good for my heart and anxiety.... and who am I to go against the good ole doc?!). Anyway, now that I'm thinking about that, I wonder if that cumulatively is having an effect as well. I wasn't exactly counting calories before but knew about where I was. Now I've been doing the same and adding wine, so I may need to make some adjustments!

Another one for the cookie dough..... what is it about the dough that is SO stinkin' appealing??!!

October 28 - Question of the Day

Friday Fun!!!

Who has dressed up as a Disney character for Halloween?

I know we would love to see pictures if you would like to share!

If not, what character would you pick to dress up as and why?

Last year I Disney-bounded as Rapunzel for Halloween. Other than that I cannot remember dressing up recently. I only dress up in a costume if I am working at the elementary school. This year I wore a poodle skirt that I made myself in 9th grade..... yup it fit AND I could find it AND the moths hadn't eaten up yet (although I smelled like mothballs all day!). I always want to Disney-bound, but I wasn't sure I was working until the weekend, so I didn't really have time to create anything. And this is the FIRST YEAR in FOREVER that I wasn't sewing/crafting etc a costume for one or both of my kiddos!

If someone offered to buy me one of those GORGEOUS handmade CosPlay costumes off Esty, I would probably go for Mother Gothel or Rapunzel or maybe Cinderella!

I have! Two times at MNSSHP. One year husband and I dressed as Mike and Sully. The next year we dressed up as Mr. and Mrs. Incredible. I don't have any pictures though otherwise I'd totally share because they were homemade costumes and I was super proud of them.
_______

I hit the gym 4 times this week already! I'm super happy about that. Obviously, I did not hit 100% this month but considering where I started the month and where I ended it I can't be sad at all. So officially checking in for the end of the month at 70%. I think next month I'm going to do another month of workout challenges because I want to focus on being healthy, not on obsessing at the scale.

Speaking of which, I did weigh yesterday. I was up from where I was at the beginning of the month. But I'm not sad about it because next month is another month and slow progress is still progress. Even if it's not weight related progress :)

Great progress!!!

Ok here are mine!

I looooved the Jolly Holiday running outfits... I am going to have to re-imagine that one year for a full scale costume!

I'm also proud of the the Kevin and Russell ones. That is all some hot glue, felt, feathers, and 3 days worth of too much free time when I got my wisdom teeth out LOL

Love those!!! The Kevin and Russell ones are adorable!

Does Disney trip planning stress anyone else out?

We've opted to not renew our Disneyland passes this year (first time since 1994 I'll not be a passholder - what!?) due to cost, but determined that the WDW annual pass makes more sense for us since we're going a few times over the next year. With 13 months (instead of 12), we're essentially prepaying next year's trip. What.

So... I found a great deal on Parksavers. $419 for a 7 day magic your way ticket, savings of $50. Looks like we'll be paying the difference of about $350 per person to essentially save for next year. The parking costs alone make up for the difference. Just waiting for my confirmation code to arrive via email so I can add it to MDE and get the party started. B gets his ticket a few days from now - wanted to see how this worked with one person first. :P

So jealous of the deals and the possibility that you are buying EAST COAST annual passes!!

That's a good way of thinking about it. That's probably more sustainable for me as well!

I'm so behind this morning. I reluctantly went to a coworker's Halloween party last night, thinking that I wasn't going to have much fun and only stay an hour, and ended up staying and shutting them down at 2am :rotfl2: soooooo I'm just starting my day. Oops!

FUN!!

Question of the Weekend - October 29-30

The parks in the US
don't really have any seasonal costume changes for our friend Marie.

But overseas is a different story entirely!

Costumes mean Halloween. And Halloween means treats abounding!

I just say NO.... to all of it and everything! If I don't start, I don't get into trouble and head down a slippery slope. I bought little packets of shortbread cookies instead of candy..... much less tempting to eat the leftovers. Plus even if I do, they are only 2 SmartPoints per packet (versus 3-5 SmartPoints for the majority of Fun Size candy bars).

I know exactly how you feel :worried:

I like this as really I don't think there is anyway at the moment I could make it through a week without some treat.

Hi all,

I am catching up - DS15 has been sick and he passed it on to me and I have been feeling just awful - yesterday I couldn't even stand to watch tv - I just laid in bed sleeping or reading a book - it is so not like me to not have some tv time in my day. I did drag myself out for a few hours to see a friend who was over from New Zealand though. The twins went to a Halloween Ice-Skating Party Friday night - this was the day I started feeling unwell and I think the almost 3 hours in the cool ice-skating ring helped me along - by the time I got home and crawled into bed I felt horrible. Feeling a little better today - but still headachy.

Treats: I eat way too many way too often - whilst I know I couldn't do without something each day I really do need to reign it in.
Disney Halloween: I was Snow White last year. DD was Minnie Mouse this year - I told my kids this year I was not spending $$ on costumes so they had to find something we had - DD had a red tulle skirt so we found our mouse ears from DL and she chose my black and red sequinned ear headband - so with the skirt, black leggings, a cute long sleeve lace shirt and some cute make-up she was a very gorgeous Minnie Mouse (If I do say so myself lol) - Oh and she wore her MM shoe slippers in/out - last year she was Rapunzel.
Halloween Treats: As it isn't all that big over here it isn't really an issue - but I am just having the usual treats I always do.

How great that your kiddo was able to costume herself for free! Hope you feel 100% better soon!

I am sorry that I have been so absent. Lots of stuff going on. One of it me being very active with my exercise program. The good news is that the scale has finally decided to move a little. I still hate the number, I was hoping to get to a nice low weight before vacation. But in some ways this will hopefully help me with more discipline while on vacation!

I have actually decided that I will draw up a meal plan for when I come back from vacation as well as a shopping list for that first day. So, when I feel besides myself from jet lag, I can go out to the grocery store and don't have to think, just pick up what is on the list. Also planning on putting something healthy but delicious into the freezer for that first day. I feel if I manage to get back on track immediately after vacation, this will help a lot with the vacation weight gain. I think a lot of that is actually the after vacation weight gain when I am back home and fall back into old unhealthy patterns!

Such a great plan!!

Treats: as of right now, we aren't giving out candy, so no treats coming in the house! We managed to miss most of the yummy Halloween treats by accident while we were in Disney, haha, and we've already gone through the MNSSHP that we got and liked, so there's not much in the house right now. I'm on a chocolate kick (still!) so there are some mini Hershey bats here that I really have to watch myself on.

I'm on a big "back on track" kick right now - lots of protein and very few carbs on hand currently, so YAY for that!! We are headed back down to Disney at the end of November for a crazy impulsive short visit to see the Christmas lights. We booked the Hollywood Studios dessert party for their new fireworks show, and there are unlimited cupcakes and drinks there... I will allow myself to indulge that night, but for the most part it shouldn't be hard for me to stay on track through the holidays. Plenty of turkey abounds at Thanksgiving, so protein will be plentiful, plus veggies. I'll just have to watch the yams! LOL

My goal is to be down 40lbs by Dapper Day at the end of April. I'm dying to attend (already have an outfit planned for both myself AND DH and they're WONDERFUL) and I want to not be self conscious about myself the whole time. So, I'm back! And with the weather STILL in the 90s here (UGH), I'm not letting myself get caught up in winter hibernating prep. Gotta get out and enjoy the sunshine while I can!

Sounds like you are in a good frame of mind and ready for success!! I am BEYOND jealous of the AP's and all of the fun plans!!

I went ahead and started the November thread, Tomorrow is going to be a crazy day!

http://www.disboards.com/threads/yo...s-youre-in-one-nov-w-i-s-h-challenge.3557905/

WOOOHOOO~! I hope and pray to have my laptop back soon so that I can be more actively involved in November!!

BBL to finish my replies!...........P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter