ever wondered what it would cost you to have someone else do your scrapbooks??

Holy Cow! I have a neighbor who wants me to make her albums. Told her no way no how.I do have another friend I'm trying to recruit to do this. As a CM, I'll be the product source, but she can actually assemble them. My $10 a page after supplies/materials sounds reasonable now.

I showed that price list to my husband and told him not to complain about my buying scrapbook supplies because there is no way I spend that much to make my own scrapbook!

holy cow, that's expensive. wow!
i agree with disney mommy michelle, that's the fun! putting it all together and remembering all the fun and memories while doing it!

I agree that it is expensive but if that was your full time job and you worked on an album for a couple of weeks (or even just one week), after supplies, you wouldn't be making that much for a week's work.

Makes ya want to go into the business, eh? Unfortunately I have too much of my own to scrap right now for that.

RealMickeysGirl said:
I agree that it is expensive but if that was your full time job and you worked on an album for a couple of weeks (or even just one week), after supplies, you wouldn't be making that much for a week's work.
I agree. My DH says to me all the time, why can't you find a way to make a living at scrapping and I say just that - I'd have to charge a thousand dollars an album to justify the time and products I'd put into it!

Half the fun is putting the albums together...and reliving the memories t/o the photos...BUT there are SOOOO many people out there that really don't or can't seem to find the time, energy or means to do their own alubms...that I can see it being an area people would look into. Of course those prices :confused3 WOW!!!...I guess you'd really have to find the right people willing to pay that sort of $$$ to have it done.

This was something I actually thought of doing (starting an album making business) but it seems like there's SO much personal things in an album that really makes it what it is...I mean...Sure I could scrap those party photos..or vacation photos...or first birthday photos...BUT without the added journaling and perfect title it just wouldn't be the same. BUT then again...I guess those small touches may not be that importatnt to those who pay someone else to create those treasured memories. OR I guess those thing can allways be added to the album once it's done and returned to sender. :rolleyes1

I guess I'm a bargain! I only charge $15/page for a moderately embellished 12x12 (customer provides their own album)

I do scrap for others. Most of the people I work for either have no time nor inclination to do it for themselves and have the money to spend to preserve their memories. They tend to be very creative, but in other avenues, which is why they still want the handmade look. I try to conduct careful interviews to get the details or a feel for the photos, but some people don't care, just let me go with it. I always leave room for journaling and include a pen, so they can add their touches.

WOW!!! I love to make scrapbook for friends but I do it just for fun. I have only been paid a few times for large scrapbooks I have done for co workers and we haglled over the price because I was clueless what to chrage and they actually paid me more than what I asked for but no where near that much!

I wonder how many pages those prices would turn out to be.

I guess I'm a bargain! I only charge $15/page for a moderately embellished 12x12 (customer provides their own album)

My honeymoon album was 100 pages, so even at your "bargain" price that would be $1500. It sure adds up quick!

I did a little research because and the going rate is $30 per page! I did find some sites where they only charged $20, but the work wasnt very good.

NO wonder my clients all want to keep me. I've been published, so my work is pretty decent, I think, and I charge $6 a page for custom work. And yes, after supplies, I only make about $1 a page or less. Which is why I quit scrapping for hire not that long ago, except for one client who's also a friend. I made more on E-bay - up to $20 a page, but there's always the chance it won't sell at all, so I stopped that too. More fun to work on my own pages!

A girl at work wanted me to do an album for her ... I kept hinting that she should bring her pics/supplies into work and I'd help her get started ... she didn't get the hint(s) that I wasn't interested ... I have way too many of my own pics to scrap!!

I frequent Mousememories a lot and a while back I printed this price list out to show "everyone" ... ever since she saw the price list she hasn't brought it up again!! :goodvibes

Other people at work also tell me I should scrap "on the side" for extra money!! I'm not interested at all in scrapping other peoples pictures. I scrap mine because I enjoy the whole process of reliving the vacation, event, holiday, etc. that I was a part of. Ya know what I mean??? :thumbsup2

WOW!!!!

Thanks, now when people ask, I'll give them the price list (that should cut down on the requests!!!!)

I enjoy making albums for gifts, but its my way and on my time..... If they want to pay those prices.... :rolleyes: I'd have to think about it ;)

Yes... and even if my work isn't as good as everyone else's, at least it's my work, my style, and my fun making it!

I am making an album for a friend right now. She is not paying me a thing to do it. I don't want anything. But, I'm having a hard time buying stuff. I don't think that non-scrappers realize how expensive it can be. I'm taking her with me tomorrow to our LSS to pick out some of her own stuff.

When I saw those prices last month, I emailed the link to DH. Then the queries began. He wanted to know how much I spend on my scrapping. I assured him that most is bought with coupons, discounts and lay-away (a very sweet LSS owner is very understanding of the addiction!) He was satisfied that I am not even close.

However, our moms love scrapbooks every year for Xmas and other events (reunions, etc) and if they ever complain about not getting anything beyond that, I am so going to print out that price list and hand it to them!

I've been involved with different forms of arts and crafts all my life and have been asked to scrapbook for several people. I totally agree that it would be extremely difficult because I don't have the 'memory' factor that is so important to that particular page or event. I've painted and done calligraphy over the years for payment and what it really boils down to is that if you are a creative person and a perfectionist, like I am, you NEVER get paid adequately for your time. You have to do it because you love it. If you are being creative, no matter what the medium, with the intent of becoming rich...forget about it. On that note, however, some people simply aren't creative or haven't the desire to do their own scrapbooking, needlework, calligraphy, whatever but do have a lot of money. Charge whatever they are willing to pay and have fun with it at that point, IMHO.
:wave2: Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!