Ever Took Lunch as Carry on?

if served at all, costs a fortune and tastes terrible!! Took my granddaughters to WDW last year and bought the sub. 7.50$ for a 6 inch sub to split between two!! Never again!! Now I pack lunches for everyone and juice boxes. they get a kick out of it and I save money for the souviners!! They love me twice for this idea!! :love1:

I also agree about not making pbj or just pb for the sake of someone's alergies.

You know - I never would have though about the peanut allergy thing....but would PBJ be a big deal when the airlines hand out peanuts?? I know some people are really really sensitive - and now that it's been brought up I will avoid it for that reason....but I would assume anyone with that severe of an allergy would have to make special arrangements since the airlines do hand out peanuts. Anyone know??

WDWorBUST said:
You know - I never would have though about the peanut allergy thing....but would PBJ be a big deal when the airlines hand out peanuts?? I know some people are really really sensitive - and now that it's been brought up I will avoid it for that reason....but I would assume anyone with that severe of an allergy would have to make special arrangements since the airlines do hand out peanuts. Anyone know??

If the airline you're using serves peanuts, I wouldn't worry about PB&J. There are some airlines that have switched to peanut free snacks and even tell customers with allergies that they are peanut free flights. I don't think they enforce this very much, but if your airline is peanut free, I would try to avoid the peanut butter.

Okiemom said:
We are flying in November, and have a short lay-over at DFW. Then the flight gets in after 10:00 pm. We leave right after school too. So I was wondering if I could pack a lunch for everyone, and eat between flight, or would they say anything to me when I pass out food to 6 people on a flight? I would not bring anything that stinks!! Just trying to save some money, airport food is usually very expensive.

I see people carrying on stuff all of the time.

I think you will be fine.

Thanks for the input!! Last time I took several snack items, but this time I am thinking of a lunch too. I have a soft collapsable cooler, Its a smaller one, so I would think it could count as a carry on. I will take snacks too anyway. My kids get hungry , then crumpy, so I want to keep it pleasant, if you know what I mean.....
I took several items for them to do on the plane, but now they are teenagers so the CD player will be great....

They love my party-mix I make, so I will take some of that already divided into zip-lock bags too.

I plan to bring some fruit N grain bars, some fruit(grapes probably and definitely raisins), and some goldfish for dd. I'll also have some Cherrios for on the way and waiting to board plane. I'm leaving at 5:30-6am or so for our 8:25am flight. I think 2 hours should be enough

I might even bring a bagel w/ almond or cashewbutter for me. YUMMY!! Will fill me more than a fruit in grain bar.

I think bringing a snack/meal is great idea.

I know for us we will arrive at 3:40 Orlando time and that for us would be noon about lunch time so dd(2) will likely be hungry on the flight and after. THough we will probably stop for dinner on way home to my dad's house(45 minutes or so south of Disney) I think the mini meals are great. :)

Oh and I'm flying southwest and they advised I bring my own since they don't serve meals. I think they do serve a snack pack which last time I went was crackers and cheese, a snack bar and other stuff.

Last trip I brought us all lunch and even brought my DH Mrs. Smith's individual pie slices. He thought I was a bit crazy but he enjoyed it and I enjoy him more when his blood sugar isn't too low. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter