Ever ordered food, pastries, or cake from the Boardwalk Bakery?

NOLA_Tink

Jambo, y'all!
Hi gang! DH & I are getting an anniversary cake from the Boardwalk Bakery & I thought we'd grab lunch while we're there. Has anyone ever had their panini sandwiches? Or, do they have anything else that you can suggest? Honestly, DH could eat sweets and cookies for lunch & he'd be the happiest man in WDW.

BTW, in case anyone is interested: The customer service at the BW Bakery has been amazing! We wanted a 10 inch "wedding cake" flavored cake with buttercream icing, and I was disappointed at first b/c they only have yellow or chocolate cake. However, I spoke to their chef on the phone and he's going to add almond extract to the yellow cake batter to give it a wedding cake taste. He also asked if I wanted it decorated like a small wedding cake or with Mickey swirls on the side. I told him that a little of both would be awesome.

yes the chefs are great and the panini sandwiches are really good.

Glad to hear the staff is so accommodating there and also that the food is good! We are DVC members at BWV and will be frequenting the Bakery quite a lot on days we are hanging around the resort to relax and just enjoy the area. Glad to hear it will be nice to grab lunch there and a delicious dessert too!!!

Your anniversary cake sounds wonderful. Happr Anniversary and enjoy!!

Awesome! Thanks for your input! We'll be celebrating our first wedding anniversary & unfortunately the top layer of our cake didn't survive, so we're hoping to get a yummy replacement for our special trip.

We had a very good experience with BW Bakery. I ordered DH's 50th b-day cake from there in Feb 08. We had a white cake with white chocolate frosting. It was delicious and we liked it so much we joked that next trip we will order one whether anyone has a birthday or not. We were staying at the Dolphin so I walked over the morning of his birthday and picked it up before we went to the parks. Here it is...

IMG_0245-edited.jpg

IMG_0436-edited.jpg

How much do the cakes cost? I would love to surprise DH, and our two sons with a cake just for fun...no one will be celebrating anything when we go on our next trip, but it will certainly be very special to the 4 of us...it will be our first trip "home" as DVC members at BWV! It is still far away (July 2010), but still, I look for ideas for our trip all the time and this sounds like a good one! I'm thinking a layer cake with "Welcome Home" written on it.

How large was that cake? Yum!!! Looks delicious! Thanks so much to both of you for sharing your pictures.

Really yummy cake is one of our favorite treats- we actually ordered an extra tier on our wedding cake just to have it for breakfast for the days following our wedding. I'm so happy to hear great things about their food & bakery items! Everyone's good feedback is making me really excited. Many thanks!

How much do the cakes cost? I would love to surprise DH, and our two sons with a cake just for fun...no one will be celebrating anything when we go on our next trip, but it will certainly be very special to the 4 of us...it will be our first trip "home" as DVC members at BWV! It is still far away (July 2010), but still, I look for ideas for our trip all the time and this sounds like a good one! I'm thinking a layer cake with "Welcome Home" written on it.

That sounds like a really nice idea Bonnie. Here are the prices that they gave me:
$21.50- 6 inches
$32.00- 8 inches
$45.00- 10 inches

They also do a few other specialty cakes that don't apply to the prices above- like a cake in the shape of Mickey's head. They don't deliver, but since you're right there picking it up shouldn't be a big problem.

We loved boardwalk bakery! Their cakes are amazing! Best cakes and pastries I've ever had - you can't go wrong there!

We also ordered a cake there last Thanksgiving for my son's 17th birthday. It was a vanilla cake with buttercream frosting. Very good. Sorry, no pics. We will be there for Christmas and will order one on the 26th for my other son's 13th birthday. I'm sure it will be great!

We also ordered a cake there last Thanksgiving for my son's 17th birthday. It was a vanilla cake with buttercream frosting. Very good. Sorry, no pics. We will be there for Christmas and will order one on the 26th for my other son's 13th birthday. I'm sure it will be great!

Sounds tasty! That's really close to what we're ordering. Thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter