Ever hear a character "speak"?

purplebelle

DIS Veteran
Has anyone, besides me, ever heard a character speak while in the parks? When I was about 8 (13 yrs ago) I was taking a picture with Pooh and my sisters (at the MK) when Pooh goes in a raspy voice, "Hurry up, I'm hot in here." (With real attitude mind you) Now, I know my mom used to get a little too camera happy and 2 shots weren't enough to capture the moment, but when you're a character and you're standing with 5, 8, and 9 y/o girls, you don't speak. I was "ruined" from Pooh for awhile refusing to take any photos with him years after the surprising event. That was the first negative thing I felt towards Disney. Now I just kinda laugh about it the situation and am thankful I wasn't one of those kids who believed in Santa Claus til he was 29. What's even funnier is that my dad was filming us at the time of the "Mean Pooh" and you just see our baffled faces look up at Pooh like, "did he just...?" To answer your questions, no, the video camera didn't catch any of Pooh's audio since my dad was a good 20 ft away.

Just makes me think of how many funny/random stories/moments people have at WDW.

On our trip last October, I heard a costumed character say something. I saw Pain and Panic at Mickey's Halloween Party, and I got in line to get a photo. Pain and Panic were totally in character, acting a tad michievious and annoying. When it was my turn, I heard Panic blow a raspberry at me! I said something like "Hey! that was mean!" but then he blew another one. :p

At least they did it in good fun! :)

We were on a Disney Cruise in October, 2002. As we were leaving dinner, there was Goofy greeting and posing for pics. My then 23 year old daughter cuddled up to him and said to me "I'm going home with Goofy!".

I fired back, "It wouldn't be the first time!".

She heard Goofy burst out laughing...

Originally posted by flyinglizard
We were on a Disney Cruise in October, 2002. As we were leaving dinner, there was Goofy greeting and posing for pics. My then 23 year old daughter cuddled up to him and said to me "I'm going home with Goofy!".

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Our last trip we had lunch at CP and Eeyore came to out table. Well after we got shots of the kids I told dh I wanted a pic of me with Eeyore and gave Eeyore a big hug and I heard a big kiss sound. It just cracked me up.

Originally posted by flyinglizard

OMG this struck me so funny!! What a great comeback! :rotfl: :jumping1: :cool1: :worship: :thewave:

On our recent trip we did Donald's Breakfastosaurus. The family at the table next to us had one of those nightmare children. He was around the same age as my oldest son, about 4, and he was acting up from the moment they came in. When Donald came to their table and was signing books he got up and walked behind Donald and starting pulling at his tail and laughing. Donald turned around and shook his finger at the kid but the kid (and the parents) just kept laughing. He tries doing the same thing to Goofy and Goofy has a similar reaction to Donald but Goofy's "friend" (the character handler) said something to the kid. The Mom brushes it off and says "oh, boys will be boys." (which makes me, the mother of 2 boys cringe and say once again "NOT MY BOYS!"). When Pluto came to visit and the kid starts pulling his tail Pluto drops the autograph book mid sign, whirls around and points at the kid and just growls "NO! BAD!" and walked away. The kid was totally shocked and looked scared out of his wits. Pluto came to our table and my DH says "way to go Pluto" and Pluto gives DH a high five. :p

When we were at MGM We went to see Mike and Sulley from Monsters INC. My dad was talking to mike and all of a sudden mike sneezed so loud in my dads face. It was funny!

:bounce: BUMP! :bounce:

These are cracking me up! Keep them comin'!

:rotfl: :laughing: :rotfl: :laughing: :rotfl: :laughing:

-Laura

We were in Camp Minnie Mickey at Animal Kingdom. We were in line and there was a special child and his family that came in and all the characters were great and the line stopped for them. We were 2nd/3rd in line. Up front so we could see what was happening. It was really sweet. As the special guests were leaving, and they started our line moving again, Tigger of course was playing and Eeyore. Eeyore smacked his hand and took the autograph book back. I went, "Wow, Eeyore with attitude." Eeyore looked at me and motioned with his hand for me to come over. I did. He motioned for me to get closer. I did. He again motioned. This time I had my ear/side of my face at his mouth and he did a raspberry. I cracked up. It made my whole trip. I was giddy the rest of the day.

OH this brings back memories. When I was around 5 or 6 We went to Epcot. I remember seeing on the video clip that we were in the Japan section and my father was taping me getting a autograph from Pluto. When I was done, Pluto wasnt!!! He went up to the camera so close it was in his mouth! And I could hear was my dad laughing and pluto making a kissing noise and a Hiyah! It was soo great

Our last trip, we were having breakfast w/ Pooh & friends at Tony's, as CP was being refurbished. My DS was just 15 months & the Pooh characters were the only Disney characters he really "knew." He was so excited when he saw them. He just buried his head in them. Piglet was so sweet. I have a great pic of him kissing DS's head & he made a kissy noise. On that same breakfast, as Eeyore was about to leave our table, I said, "Thanks for noticing us, Eeyore." in an Eeyore voice. He got so excited about that! I happened to be wearing an Eeyore shirt. He pulled me up from the table & indicated to DH that he wanted his pic taken with me. He hugged me and gave me a kiss too. Just made my day!!

I've never actually had one speak to me, but on two different occassions we heard them.

The first was several years ago, right after The Lion King came out. We had run into Timon, who was my husbands favorite. My husband cozied up for a picture and someone bumped them as they walked by and my husband squeezed Timon. Apparantly, SHE squeaked. I dont know why it surprised my husband so much, the costume i so little, it had to be a girl. But, he instantly flushed so red, it was hilarious! My picture of him has this shocked look on his face and he is beet red. It was pretty funny.

We had supper at Chef Mickeys on a recent trip and Chip and Dale seemed to have a pretty good time teasing my husband and I. I got several "kisses" with sound effects and all. They would point to something behind my husband and then kiss me when he wasnt looking. It was pretty fun!

:p

Never words, but we have had noises.

Kissy sounds from Rafiki and the White Rabbit.
Barking and a slurp sound from Pluto.

Days before a trip, an out of state relative was in a very serious car accident. We decided to buy an extra autograph book and have all the characters we could to sign it as a get well to send to her. It was a trip full of character meals so we knew we would do well. We liked to book the last possible ps because we always get more attention from characters.

We were the last group at Artist Point. We had Minnie, Chip, Dale, Goofy....all sitting with us. Minnie was holding a friends month old baby and they were all signing the books. Goofy was sitting next to me. He kept poking and signaling to me, but I didn't have a clue what he wanted. Finally he SAID "What is her name?".........omg............he spoke. I was so flustered it took me a minute to realize what he wanted. We had her name in the front cover and most had personalized a nice get well message, but I guess he couldn't see that well. WAS A SHOCK !

We've been kissed by Mickey and Tigger and a few others, as well as getting slurped by Pluto. DS got panting noises when he was petting Pluto's nose, too.

It has to be difficult to be in that costume and know you can't utter a single word! I can't imagine doing it ... but I'd be willing to give it a shot!

Anytime we have been at WDW, we have never even heard so much as a hiccup from a character. But at DL, every single time we are there, they make noise. The first time it happened, it literally made me jump. Not only kissing noises, but grunts and "uh-huhs', etc. Freaked me out. I just figured it was some kind of unspoken rule in DL.

To sum it all up, the characters at DL, no matter who they are, freak me out...I simply anticipate the sounds. Pretty unsettling I can tell you that.

This didn't happen to me personally, and the characters didn't speak, but thought it was interesting to add in nonetheless...

Pooh is WILDLY popular in Japan, and when a friend of mine was in Tokyo Disneyland, she got caught up in a group that mobbed Pooh, knocking him down and pulling him in every direction. My friend said that she tried to reach for him to help him stand up, but he kept beating her/everybody away. She said she could feel the person inside yank away and almost slap her hands away and just try and get away from everybody. Poor pooh! :)

This is back in the 70s...

Friends of mine were walking up Main St. in the early early AM. He feels a tap on his back and hears "Ray....Ray!"

He turns around and it is Mickey! Mickey knew his name!

Turns out that Mickey was an old friend from his college days!

Barbara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter