Evening hrs vs. traditional busy days at park? Plan for which parks on which days?

the kabuki

DIS Cast Member<br><font color="teal">Has Drama Ki
With the new evening hours starting in Jan. how would you plan on which parks to visit on which days. Do you go with the "Traditional" busy days according to park attendance records, or with these new extended evening hours, do those traditionally busy days no longer apply. With the MYW tickets and park hopping being an additional cost, will the parks with the extended hours be packed ? What is anyone else planning on? Where going 2nd week in January.

I'm going the last week of Jan/first of Feb. I plan to not worry too much about the extra magic hours changes. The only evening I plan to do EMH is Wednesday at the MK. I figure that it will be busy, after all, you don't have to pay extra for e-ride night. But, the MK with just resort guests should be ok, crowdwise.

The morning EMH will probably still make that park more crowded, but it's the "quiet" season at WDW. It shouldn't be too bad crowdwise at any of the parks.

That's my game plan for EMH.

Marie

I'm hoping that for the first few months or so, the EMH won't make any difference. Very few people (hopefully) will even know about the evening hours, except those of us "in the know", as I told DS yesterday. I would just expect there'll be many tourists with "un-magical" attitudes however when they learn that things aren't as they expected. We're going the first week of January, counting on real quiet evenings. Wasn't this the experience of those who were there for the try-out in May?

Simba's Mom said:
I'm hoping that for the first few months or so, the EMH won't make any difference. Very few people (hopefully) will even know about the evening hours, except those of us "in the know", as I told DS yesterday. I would just expect there'll be many tourists with "un-magical" attitudes however when they learn that things aren't as they expected. We're going the first week of January, counting on real quiet evenings. Wasn't this the experience of those who were there for the try-out in May?

If was very slow in May the nights that we used the EMHs. We'll be there the first week of January also and am hoping the EMH won't be too crowded.

princess:

newcomer52 said:
If was very slow in May the nights that we used the EMHs. We'll be there the first week of January also and am hoping the EMH won't be too crowded.

princess:

Well that's good news! I'll be hoping for the same in Feb.

The day/park I wonder about the most is Wednesday's at MK. From what I've learned, Wed. is the slowest day (typically) at MK. Well, now with the EMH there that night, and with less people park-hopping with the new tickets...I wonder if Wed. at MK will be one of the BUSIER days. I guess though since it will take time for this all to catch on, maybe in Feb. there won't be much of a difference.

mmeb144 (marie), sounds like we may be there on the same wed. 2/2 for the evening EMH at MK. i'll be there 1/28-2/3 - i looked at my plans & decided to skip the a.m. EMH at MGM, AK, & Epcot-(i won't be there for MK a.m. anyway). i plan only to go to the Wed. MK evening. MGM, if we were doing the big rides like ToT & RnRC, then maybe an evening EMH there is worthwhile but we're not. i was tempted to do AK at night but i have an infant & a toddler & we'll have already seen AK in the a.m. during that week - i think there'll be more to do for them at MK instead of AK. Epcot p.m. isn't applicable during our stay either. That's our plan.

The evening entertainment now changes nightly at the Magic Kingdom. At least in February, you get Wishes or Spectromagic or EMH, but never more than one of these on any given night. That may even the crowds out a little more, as some people will care more about the rides, others the parade or fireworks.

Count me in for "hoping it takes people awhile to catch on". We'll be there Jan. 12-16 and I am planning to try MK on Wednesday. If my thinking is flawed and TONS of people show up just ten days into the new schedule I will let you all know as soon as I get home!

and we will be doing EMH at MK on Wednesday 2/2.

I can't wait! I'm also going to try EMH at AK on 2/1 and at Epcot on 2/3. I am so excited about these extra added hours at night, and cannot wait to be in AK in the dark!

jackskellingtonsgirl said:
Count me in for "hoping it takes people awhile to catch on". We'll be there Jan. 12-16 and I am planning to try MK on Wednesday. If my thinking is flawed and TONS of people show up just ten days into the new schedule I will let you all know as soon as I get home!

Thank you! I will be very interested to hear your report. ::yes::

Count another in for EMH at MK on 2/2! :) Just look for the service dog (with my dad) with the lime green ribbon on his harness. *grin*

We are so excited about EMH... the thought of not having to get up with the birds every morning to take advantage of EE has the rest of my family just thrilled. They say I wake them "in the middle of the night" just to get to the parks early. LOL Hey, I don't do it because I love missing sleep! I just like smaller crowds!

But if EMH is anything like E-Nights were, I am already so happy. Some of the most magical memories I have are sitting in a near-empty MK, just getting to notice all the amazing little details that makes Disney, Disney...

-gina-

It will be interesting to see how this plays out for crowds. when we are there Spectro will NOT be on the days with either am or pm EMH's at MK...only on days that have "normal" hours.

Anyone have any insight into the "psychology" of spector vs. emh?

Anne

Perhaps it is an attempt to even out the crowds?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter