Even though the parks are empty

Raulandpinboy

<font color=blue>Table-dancing auctioneer<br><font
So there we were me, the wife, pintrader, and two-cast member friend of ours, and we almost had the whole park to ourselves.

At first we thought cooool we have the whole park, rides galore, and the few that were there cared not for the pins so the lanyards were ours.

Then it hit me… I was miserable, oh don't get me wrong the sight of pintrader going down splash mountain was a hoot, and reaching around front of my doom buggy and grabbing Amanda in the next car by the shoulder, and watching her almost make a new exit in the haunted mansion did made my day, but there were no people there. Yea a few kids and tourists, but not the masses that are always there.

I didn't like it at all; pintrading made me a people person now there were no people. I held it inside, but it was kinda spooky walking around the parks Sunday.

Even the cast member were blue, they were looking for anybody to help. There were four bellhops just waiting to grab the first guest that came in, they even offered to carry my pin bag, the first thing I was worried about was what if Disney decides to send them home???? some of these kids are college kids and make just barely enough to eat. (Sigh)

So as for me I'll never complain about another line or tourist as long as I live. Disney is the most wonderful place on earth, it's an escape for most including myself, but Walt built it for the people, and without people its just a big fancy parking lot.

So this is my personal invitation for everybody to hurry up and get down here fly, drive, take the train, or a bus. I miss everybody.

So come on down we have pins, yes lot of them… every Saturday now we have a pin thing, and it's a hoot.

I am on my way. We had lunch today and there are 12 of us going and we all decided. If the airplanes are flying, then we are there.

We are all a little frightened but we can not have these horrible people have us living in fear.

I am looking forward to coming and trading and enjoying the magic. I am sure we will find it in Disney World.

Darlene
Vice Peachident
Flex Queen

We have reservations and tickets to go to WDW in early November.
I hope we still go, but many people are holding off on plans, waiting to see what happens.
Keep us informed about airport issues ( particularily pins and how best to travel with them).
Hope to see some of you down there.
Penny

We'll be there on Monday afternoon. I spoke with Southwest yesterday and was able to get on an earlier flight down and to extend our stay a little. I'm not afraid to fly because I believe that our lives are planned out for us but I'm concerned about being far from home should something happen. My DH says we'll just get in the car and drive if that's the case. I feel a little guilty about planning to enjoy myself while there is so much sorrow in N.Y. and Washington and PA, but the President tells us that we must make an attempt to get on with our lives...so barring an all out declaration of war, we'll be there.

Oh my...

And to make things worse, it all seemed to fall at the same time: value season dates, the tragedy, flight cancellations and delays...

Can't wait to go back myself!!

Wanda

I too can't wait for my trip in November. I am a little nervous about flying and down about what has happen but we can't let these people do this to us. We are too good of a country to allow this. So I will hopefully be there in November and hope to meet some of you.

Cathy
:wave:

Our trip is still on. In fact, it is now longer. We are driving and will arrive saturday. My sister's kid will be with us. He is 2 1/2 and my mom has a lanyard and pins ready for him. My friends had to cancel their visit to me because of last week's events. We have tickets to tour the White House this thursday that will now go unused. I wasn't about to let the terrorists keep me from my beloved Magic Kingdom.

We are coming in November. I'm not afraid to fly right now. I'm hoping that won't change with the impending war.

I have a stubborn streak and I think I am intent on making my trip because I won't let those rotten terrorists win. And, this will be my first visit since I started pin trading. We've been planning our pintrading for quite a while.

Chris

we have not canceled our plans. We will be there in a week.

We are coming down!!! We will be there September 29th - October 7th and look forward to enjoying WDW with the whole family!

We who live here in the shadow of the Castle, really look forward to meeting all of you
when you make the trek down here.....right now, the weather is beautiful, parks are fairly
empty, and the lanyards have some really great pins, lots of pre release pins..

So don't forget our Friday night meetings 7 pm to 11 pm at the Contemporary Hotel 4th floor by the
pin station...we really have a good group, and have a great time....we also have been having
some impromtu Sat. night gatherings, and would do so for you guys who can't make it for
our Fri night meetings....so let us know in advance, and we will gather up everyone for Sat..

Raulandpinboy, Pintrader (Kathryn) Brer Frog, Reallygoofymom, ismetoo, Merme, oneohone
myself, yardhaunter, kind all help Pintrader, who really started this group,

So let us know, and we will all be here.....

Donna

I'll be there tomorrow. Probably see you guys on Thursday!

To quote Raul "Cool!!" looking forward to seeing you again....are you ready to assist
Kathryn in the Bubble Dance????

Donna

yeah, yeah, seeing all the folks coming down will be nice, but who are those great looking kids on your post???:D

Bubble Dance?? Bubble Dance??? uhoh...............................

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter