"Even the Garbage Cans Have Flowers!"-A September 2016 Mother-Daughter TR!- NEW TR LINK 9/13!

The Broadway section looks so cute!

Yay you get to go to Be Our Guest again :cheer2:

I really hope we get a room in the Broadway section!! And eeeeep so excited!! :hyper:

Yay! I'm so glad you were able to snag a lunch ADR at BOG, we aren't morning people, so the pre-park opening ADR was going to be too rough for us :crazy2:

Haha, thank you for allowing me to snag an ADR!! I would have kept it had a lunch time not opened up, but I figured that lunch would be better for us all around :thumbsup2

Yay for being able to get the BOG ADR you wanted! Don't you just love it when these things work out?!

The "no way Jose" ice cream looks deeeeellliiiciois! I think DH and I will def need to split this during our stay in May!

All of your FP selections look great, but idk how you do Splash Mtn! I'msuch a baby! Haha!!

I deactivated my Facebook on November thanks to all the crazy political stuff ... I actually don't miss it that much! But I'm very active on Snapchat (Ashleegoulette) ! And o know we are friends on insta so pressure is on for you to post more there ... hahaha!!

I'm so glad you mentioned the new Magic bands are smaller than they look bc they look sort of clunky in the photos I've seen ... not sure if clunky is the correct word but you know what I mean ;)

I couldn't believe that I managed to get an ADR! Just shows that if you stalk around the Disney website for long enough, you'll find what you're looking for :rotfl:

The No Way Jose is delicious! In 2015, Mom and I split the Milky Way Sundae, and that was amazing as well!

Ahhhh, Splash is my favorite!! You have to try it at least once if you've never already!!

I give you props for deleting your Facebook after all of the political stuff. I was almost debating on taking a hiatus myself...I was so sick of hearing "Donald Trump this, Hillary Clinton that, blah blah blah...." :crazy2: I will add you on Snapchat now!! And I know, I'm absolutely terrible about posting on Insta!! I go on it all the time but I'm always to lazy to post! :laughing:

Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing as you about the Magic Band 2.0 being "clunky!" Luckily, they are a lot smaller in person and I really like the new shape!!

I hope you get the building you want! When I stayed at music I never had a chance to really explore, I would have loved to see the Broadway section!

Yay for getting a reservation at BOG for lunch! Your friend is going to love it!

Your FP choices sound perfect!

I'm hoping that on our pool day I can walk around and explore the All Stars!! I'd like to also explore around and see Movies and Sports as well!

Thank you!! I'm so excited to show Gabi BOG! :goodvibes

I've been reading along but only lurking on your TR because I can never keep up enough to comment. I've really enjoyed reading because I love Mother/Daughter trips. I've taken a few with my Mom. I had to break my silence to tell you I'm doing pretty much the exact same trip you are in two weeks!

I'm flying down on Friday, March 17th and staying at All Star Music. Music is my favorite of the All Stars, this will be my third stay there. Friday I'm going to Epcot, then to MK just for Wishes. Saturday I'm doing AK in the morning and then MK in the afternoon. I somehow managed to grab an ADR for the Wishes Dessert party that night. Sunday will be HS for a few hours, lunch ADR at BOG around 1:30 and then MK for the afternoon. I'm planning on watching Wishes all three nights! Monday I fly home around 1:30 so no park time, probably just Mickey waffles before I board DME. So if a strange lady with a Pluto bag approaches you at ASMu or in the parks, it's me!

Hi and :welcome: Thank you so much for reading :) Mother-daughter trips are the best!

Oh my gosh, no way!! :hyper: That is so awesome that our trips are exactly the same! I will definitely be on the lookout for you! I love meeting people from the DIS so I really hope we run into each other! :banana:

YAY for Be Our Guest!!! That is so exciting!!! :)

Oh absolutely! It was wonderful:love:

Of course not! Everything tastes better when you're in WDW!

I'm so excited for BOG! :woohoo: And true that, girl!

How exciting for you, the trip will be here soon. That is great you were able to snag a BoG ADR, lunch is our favorite meal. We loved AKL, it was so comfortable and really felt like you were at home. I have not been to Beaches and Cream yet, we had ADR's once and we cancelled so one of these days we will get there.:flower1:

I'm excited to do lunch again at BOG! Sooner or later, I will have to try breakfast as well!

Ahh, definitely try to get over to Beaches and Cream, even if it's just for dessert! The atmosphere is so cute and the ice cream is delicious! Reminds me a lot of 50's Prime Time :)

I am loving your report! You and your mom are just too cute for words. I was so jealous reading about your resort day :)

Also, hello from Wisconsin! I live in Madison. I love hitting up that Disney outlet store in the Dells--I have gotten many of our trip t-shirts there!

Looking forward to the rest of your report!

Hi!! Thank you so much for reading and for the kind words :)

Ahhh, a fellow Wisconsinite, I love it! We're in a suburb outside of Milwaukee! Isn't the Dells the greatest?! It's like a mini Disney World! :laughing:

I'm with you on this! We tried doing breaks the first year we went in August, figuring the heat would cause us to want that break - nope. The first day the kids did go in the pool so it was ok, but the 2nd day they didn't feel like swimming so we ended up sitting in the room for 2 hours. The 3rd day before we left our TS lunch we asked them if they wanted to swim and when they said no we said fine, we'll muddle through the heat! I don't mind going back to the room to change and maybe regroup for an hour, but that's about it.

Congrats on getting BOG!

We've eaten in all 3 rooms but the West Wing is my favorite :goodvibes

Good to know. Our MB's for this month were supposed to come by yesterday but they didn't, and when I try tracking them it says the stupid # isn't right :sad2: Really we don't need the bands since we have so many but I'm anxious to see and try the new ones! I don't like the look of them from pictures but I've heard from a few people that they aren't bad.

I'm the exact same about resort breaks!! To me, there's nothing worse than just sitting in the room on vacation! It's like, we're in Disney!! We can sleep when we're home!! :thumbsup2

Thank you!! I would love to try the West Wing, but the Ballroom is beautiful as well so I really don't mind where we eat!

Our Magic Bands took FOREVER to come! Like, almost 2 weeks :scared1: I was starting to get worried they wouldn't show up on time! So far, the new Magic Bands look like they will work really well! I don't really have a preference so far about which kind I like better, but just from trying it on, the Magic Band 2.0 seems to be a bit more comfortable!

Yay for getting BOG! I wasn't super impressed with dinner, but I've heard lunch is better. I'd go at anytime just for the strawberry cupcake though. The No Way Jose looks so amazing I wish I had gotten that when we stayed at the Beach Club last year. I totally agree with you on the new MagicBands. Half of the time I didn't even notice mine was on. I have a real nice tan line to prove that I was wearing it though!

Thank you!! Yeah, I've heard mixed reviews about BOG dinner as well, I also really want to try breakfast one day!! The strawberry cupcake is on my list for lunch this year :)

The No Way Jose was soooo good! If you do get it, definitely share because that baby is RICH! And haha, Magic Band tan lines are the best!! :rotfl:

Last edited:
Random Update- Photos of Disney Trips Past!!!

Hello Disfriends! So I know I promised a TR update tonight, but I just had to post this instead! Earlier today, my dad was cleaning out our basement and he found a whole bunch of old photo albums! Over on my 2016 PTR, I did a mini TR of all of our old family Disney World trips, but for the first 2 trips, I didn't have any photos because the photo albums had been lost! But, now that we found them, I thought I'd share a few to switch things up over here :)

P.S- Please enjoy the early 2000's fashion and hairstyles in these pictures. There's fanny packs, high-waisted shorts, and overalls galore!! :lmao:

Trip #1- October 2000. Dixie Landings Resort. Me- 6 years old, Haley- 9 years old.

8CBF9633-5789-41E6-BC62-50F7A4AD1BCD_zps667eiokj.jpg

My first time on an airplane!

92BD4300-0B2B-458C-B80C-E3A730EBE570_zpsaymvrxqd.jpg

Me, Haley, and the Goof!

4D2EAE51-5FAB-464E-BD0D-1D2138D908F0_zpsgypmprhk.jpg

Baloo!

8D0D02F2-5353-4CCC-959E-D71FE6268083_zpsxpfnodc8.jpg

We did a day at Sea World this trip!

9EFD0C45-CB98-49C0-B5CD-1D273BCFDC26_zps5tgx8ug8.jpg

Dad and I on Kilimanjaro Safaris!

65BEC4AB-4489-4113-A848-2873C6107BEF_zps1u3cpyzp.jpg

The whole fam at Epcot!!

23114247-6094-4523-AB3D-E7DA4F00FA6B_zpsrmaid7sj.jpg

Posin' with Flik at MGM!

D893A9BF-79A3-42C9-89D6-A046DE23395B_zpswswmtnxn.jpg

Magic Kingdom!! That pavement was probably a million degrees :laughing:

4A0A06E8-F93D-45C1-8029-1EF1B49F9183_zpsodo9aiyn.jpg

Love this statue!!

Trip #2- October 2002. Polynesian Resort. Me- 8 years old, Haley- 11 years old

3AC1770D-8BDB-420E-ACB5-E3C2E4C7D0C5_zpshmybn2bl.jpg

Shaker (I think?) pulling my ponytail!!

769E69A8-018F-4628-B1AA-88036D271E8E_zpsfu2ieeyj.jpg

Miss Piggy's Fountain at MGM!

A3767F8E-4F8D-42CF-9B1C-A57243E8D0C3_zpscsvkkkzc.jpg

Blizzard Beach!

5C1E5FD7-B96E-49E5-9106-DF5F30DE920A_zpsmnugnkhz.jpg

Jaws: The Ride at Universal Studios!! I loved the ride, Haley hated it :rotfl2:

BDF12E9E-130A-4B8D-9205-FB36F84DC444_zpszinp9ypb.jpg

My onstage debut: Flights of Wonder at Animal Kingdom!

395C9240-1EE5-4A44-B8C3-A06F1477A234_zpsyrycz0nr.jpg

Chef Mickey's!! My dad made a sassy comment to Donald, so he covered his face for the picture :laughing:

055D387D-C0B7-40AC-A9E5-63B003A8A123_zpsoa4b23fs.jpg

Belly dancers on the Boardwalk!

AE9BA999-5466-4278-BE45-9BE80A6C0CD4_zpsr6zg9wcm.jpg

Hola from Mexico!

17C6A544-2EBA-47F0-9A1F-F8181A0F90EB_zpsi4if4fwk.jpg

Family Photo! You can see the giant Mickey hand on Spaceship Earth!

And there you have it! I should have a TR update up by the end of the week, as well as some more planning updates for my March 2017 trip! If you guys have any old Disney pictures or memories that you want to share as well, please do so in the comments!! I'd love to see all of your pictures of past trips :goodvibes See ya real soon, Disfriends!! :smickey:

Last edited:
Those airplane phones! :rotfl:

What great photos from those earlier trips. My first WDW trip was in 1992, but we also took trips in 1996 and 2000, so I have a lot of similar memories. I see it looks a lot less crowded in your photos than it does now. That is one thing I really remember from those trips - the lower crowd levels!

Love the old photos! I really need to find the ones from my childhood trips. I did manage to scan our Honeymoon photos from 1998 and did a mini-TR with those a few years ago. The mini-TR starts in post #3 of this old PTR I did if you are interested. Here's a link.

Mini Honeymoon TR

Love the old photos. Your mom looks the same! That's a great pic of you and your sister laying down in front of the train station- it's so empty!

Love all the old pictures! I posted a bunch from the first few trips we took with the kids in 2006, 2007 and 2010 in a PTR from last year. I wish my mom had pictures from when I went as a kid; I knew there'a a few floating around somewhere and if I ever come across them I'll definitely post them! Forget the styles of the early 2000's, then you'd see the 70's styles!

Jaws: The Ride at Universal Studios!! I loved the ride, Haley hated it :rotfl2:
I miss Jaws so much :( Yeah, yeah, they had to get rid of it to make room for HP. I wish they'd moved it instead. At least we can all still stick our head in his mouth there!

I found a picture of us all at Epcot in 2005, Andi was 5 and my son Jack was 11. I am wearing a fanny pack lol! It is fun to see the old pictures.
IMG_0834.JPG

Reactions: DLo
Loving the throwback pics!! I think I'm closer to your sister Haley's age and I totally had that pink tank top with the built in white t shirt under it!! Oo the '00s. Butterfly clips... platform shoes... where does it end?!

Here are some old WDW pics I have on my instagram... I know I have more at home but here are mine!

image1 (1).jpg

Back row from left to right: Nana (great grandmother), my Aunt Kim, my Mom, and my great Aunt Judy
Front Row left to right: cousin Heather (her mom is Aunt Judy, in the bright orange), cousin Brittany (her mom is behind her in the white t shirt), ME (in the floral romper) and cousin Jami

I'm thinking this was probably 1992 as I think I was about 4..... maybe it was 1992 but I feel like I look older than 3?

image2.jpg

This was probably 1993... left to right: Nana (great grandmother), me (ink all pink), cousin Jami (she LOVED the Little Mermaid) and cousin Brittany

Bonus points for anyone can guess where the heck this pic was taken!!

Reactions: DLo
Love the throw back photos :) makes me want to go digging in old photo albums to see what I can find!

Those airplane phones! :rotfl:

What great photos from those earlier trips. My first WDW trip was in 1992, but we also took trips in 1996 and 2000, so I have a lot of similar memories. I see it looks a lot less crowded in your photos than it does now. That is one thing I really remember from those trips - the lower crowd levels!

Haha, good eye! I didn't even notice the airplane phone at first :rotfl2:

Thank you! That was the first thing both Mom and I said when we looked at the photos- look how empty the parks were! And we didn't go during a slow season by any means- both trips were the week of Halloween!!

Love the old photos! I really need to find the ones from my childhood trips. I did manage to scan our Honeymoon photos from 1998 and did a mini-TR with those a few years ago. The mini-TR starts in post #3 of this old PTR I did if you are interested. Here's a link.

Mini Honeymoon TR

Haha, what awesome photos!! Your rooms at POR look a lot like how I remember our rooms looking in 2000! And my Mom especially misses the Hunchback of Notre Dame show sooo much! She still sometimes asks if that's still running at MGM :rotfl:

Love the old photos. Your mom looks the same! That's a great pic of you and your sister laying down in front of the train station- it's so empty!

Thank you!! Haha, both of my parents look pretty much the same! Only thing different about my mom is that her hair is lighter now and her skin is tanner :thumbsup2

I'm surprised we don't have the picture framed somewhere, because it's one of the few times where a picture posed like that has turned out cute! It does look super empty- Mom says that she remembers us never having to wait more than 20 minutes for anything! Simpler times :sad:

Love all the old pictures! I posted a bunch from the first few trips we took with the kids in 2006, 2007 and 2010 in a PTR from last year. I wish my mom had pictures from when I went as a kid; I knew there'a a few floating around somewhere and if I ever come across them I'll definitely post them! Forget the styles of the early 2000's, then you'd see the 70's styles!

I miss Jaws so much :( Yeah, yeah, they had to get rid of it to make room for HP. I wish they'd moved it instead. At least we can all still stick our head in his mouth there!

Haha, very true about 70s style!! I'd love to see the pictures from the 70s- and old rides like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Mr. Toads Wild Ride!!

We miss Jaws too :sad1: We don't make it over to Universal very often because my dad and I don't like the rough simulators, and Jaws was one of the only rides that wasn't a simulator!! Harry Potter world is awesome to look around at though and I need to see it again now that it's at both parks!!

caught up on your trip report and love it! glad you had a fun trip ::MinnieMo

Thanks so much for reading girl! We had a blast :) are you planning on doing a TR for your trip last summer??

I found a picture of us all at Epcot in 2005, Andi was 5 and my son Jack was 11. I am wearing a fanny pack lol! It is fun to see the old pictures.
View attachment 224122

LOVE that old pic!! Andi is a cutie pie with the curly hair :cutie: And I tease about the fanny packs, but I actually still wear a fanny pack on trips now!! They're so convenient, although not super flattering :laughing:

Love the throwback pics!!

Thank you!! It's fun to take blast to the past sometimes :goodvibes

Loving the throwback pics!! I think I'm closer to your sister Haley's age and I totally had that pink tank top with the built in white t shirt under it!! Oo the '00s. Butterfly clips... platform shoes... where does it end?!

Here are some old WDW pics I have on my instagram... I know I have more at home but here are mine!

View attachment 224652

Back row from left to right: Nana (great grandmother), my Aunt Kim, my Mom, and my great Aunt Judy
Front Row left to right: cousin Heather (her mom is Aunt Judy, in the bright orange), cousin Brittany (her mom is behind her in the white t shirt), ME (in the floral romper) and cousin Jami

I'm thinking this was probably 1992 as I think I was about 4..... maybe it was 1992 but I feel like I look older than 3?

View attachment 224653

This was probably 1993... left to right: Nana (great grandmother), me (ink all pink), cousin Jami (she LOVED the Little Mermaid) and cousin Brittany

Bonus points for anyone can guess where the heck this pic was taken!!

Haha, I love how you had the same tank top as Haley!! Eventually that top was handed down to me, and I was so teeny that I wore it till I was 13! :rotfl2:

Such cute pics!! You and your cousins look so much alike! Hmm.... I have no idea where the picture could have been taken... I'm guessing maybe MGM?!

Love the throw back photos :) makes me want to go digging in old photo albums to see what I can find!

Thank you :) it's so much fun to loon through old pictures and see what's all changed at WDW (and with you)!

Haha, good eye! I didn't even notice the airplane phone at first :rotfl2:

Thank you! That was the first thing both Mom and I said when we looked at the photos- look how empty the parks were! And we didn't go during a slow season by any means- both trips were the week of Halloween!!

That's the time of year we used to go too! Now with MNSSHP and Food & Wine, it's a crazy busy time to go!

Just found your TR, loving it so far! I'm normally a lurker but as a fellow Wisconsinite, I figured I'd pop in to say hi!

That's the time of year we used to go too! Now with MNSSHP and Food & Wine, it's a crazy busy time to go!

I've always wanted to go during Food and Wine, but the best deals are usually for Labor Day so that's when we choose to go! I hope Labor Day/early September stays not so crowded; it's now my favorite time of year to go! Although, I'm super pumped to be there this weekend for Flower and Garden! :flower1:

Just found your TR, loving it so far! I'm normally a lurker but as a fellow Wisconsinite, I figured I'd pop in to say hi!

:welcome: and thank you so much!! Yay for Wisconsinites! How about that crazy blizzard after 70 degree weather in February?! :sad2: :lmao:

i planned on it but i got a bit lazy and caught up in junior year of high school so i might just wait and do one for my next trip :blush:

No worries, definitely enjoy your last few years of high school! :goodvibes TRs and PTRs are so much fun, but they also are a ton of work...I can't imagine keeping up with a TR and still being in school!!

Small Real-Life Update + Day 5: Part 2- “Hakuna Matata!”

Hey everyone!! This update is going to be a 2-in-1, since I leave for WDW on FRIDAY!!!

A5E7414F-6616-46A9-97A3-DB7A54DD4837_zps4htvc1nt.gif

Technically, vacation starts tomorrow, because after work, Gabi, Kaley, and I are driving to Chicago for the night! It was much cheaper for us to fly out of Chicago, plus the flight times are so much better! We arrive in Disney early and leave late :thumbsup2 We are staying the night at the Country Inn and Suites near O’hare, then parking our car there for the trip and taking their free shuttle to the airport! I’m excited to try this, since I’ve never done a stay-and-fly before! My parents tried this same hotel near O’hare when they went to Hawaii in January, and they said it was much more convenient than parking at the jungle that is O’hare ::yes::

I’m basically all packed for the trip! Since we are flying with Frontier Airlines, it costs extra for bags, so we are trying to all pack in one checked suitcase! We can all also take a personal item for no extra charge, so I’m hoping to fit some of my stuff in my backpack. I’m taking this baby, of course:

4E38B746-D5FC-4BAB-85F9-F67AE822091A_zpssxchhgf0.jpg

Mom and I got it for a discount on our last trip at World of Disney, and it has totally come in handy since then! It was some sort of deal, where if you spent at least $50 in the store, you got the backpack for like $20! This bag is really tall and deep, so lots of stuff can fit in there, plus the mesh sides are perfect for holding drinks and refillable mugs.

Finally, I decided to do some decorating to our Magic Bands to build the excitement :hyper: I found some extra-fine glitter and Mod Podge with my stuff from college (leftover from decorating my graduation cap), so I decided to put some use to it! I wasn’t originally going to decorate my band for this trip, since it’s only a weekend jaunt, but finding the supplies was a sign! I chose to put some black glitter on just the Mickey head of my band! I covered the head with Mod Podge, dumped some glitter onto it, and tapped/brushed off the excess. After it dried, I sealed it with two coats of clear nail polish!

CCC4DC3F-70BB-4694-A825-69583314DBB3_zpstcaqvdky.jpg

I showed it to Gabi, and she asked if I could do her’s too! She decided on silver glitter.

E4F983AC-0CA0-43C0-BC69-A07B0A06B40F_zpsykqzi4ld.jpg

Since Kaley is more of a tomboy, she politely declined the glittery Magic Band! :laughing: I love the simple and minimalistic look of the glittery Mickey head! It’s fun to doctor up your Magic Bands differently for every trip; in 2015, Mom and I applied Disney temporary tattoos to our bands, and then in 2016, I bought my Dumbo Magic Slider!

IMG_1893_zpsz5qlujoo.jpg

IMG_1894_zpsszqmpkeo.jpg

image_zpsqzmpncwd.jpeg

That is pretty much all that is new on the March 2017 trip!! I just have one more day of work tomorrow, then I’m free!!! I’m sooooo excited, although like always, it hasn’t sunken in yet that by Friday afternoon, I’ll be in WDW! :mickeyjum

Anyhow, I promised y’all a September 2016 TR update, so here you go :earboy2:

Day 2: Part 5- “Hakuna Matata!”

Where I last left off, Mom and I were parched in Animal Kingdom without a slushie stand in sight! :scared1: I remember seeing places on the DIS where I could find a frozen Coke, but there were no places on the map to be found! We even stopped a CM and asked him, and he replied, “We don’t have slushies at Animal Kingdom, sorry!” :confused:

But, I knew in my heart that this was not true, so we set off on our own search. And sure enough, in Discovery Island, we found our treats!!

B4EF308C-FE74-419E-833D-9715FF43B204_zps9gzwcgxz.png

In case you all are now wondering where to find them, we saw the slushies at Drinkwallah :)

Mmmmmm, a frozen Coke had never tasted so good!! Mom opted for a Frozen Lemonade. I don’t like the straws at Animal Kingdom though; I know that they are better for the animals since people are jerks and litter, but it’s a weird texture :crazy2:

While we were sipping on our slushies, Mom and I decided to look in some stores and do some shopping! Animal Kingdom always has the most unique merchandise. We stopped in Discovery Trading Company for (you guessed it) a mystery pin!!! Since I had used up all of the single packs, I had to get a double pack this time. Two pins instead of one?! Tragic, I know. :rotfl:

I was especially intrigued, because there was no list on the back of what pins you could receive. This was a true mystery pack!

Here was the pack I chose:

E27A4D50-34D2-4B44-B8AB-7813242A194A_zpsani1ypjd.png

And these are the pins I got!

D54E5D5E-5859-4E77-A464-C01F552501DE_zpsubzrrlxi.png

Gaston and Meeko! I loved Meeko and Pocahontas in general when I was really young, so I was excited to get him on a pin. As for Gaston, I was meh, but you can’t win em all!!

Once my pins were unboxed, Mom and I headed over to Expedition Everest for a ride!

C497C383-A119-42DF-A91A-4391567A1840_zpsfzdqdjyd.png

I believe the wait was 15 minutes. We love this ride, but also don’t feel a need to ride it multiple times per trip; one or two rides per trip is usually good for us! While in line, I saw this on the wall and promptly freaked out!

0F9663D8-3230-4599-AC6A-67E2885ACEC8_zpsij1sg3po.png

This is before I knew that this happens a lot :laughing: At first, I thought it was a coincidence, then I was convinced that Disney was stalking me through my Magic Band :rotfl2: It is super cool to see your name on the wall, although it kind of gives you a “Big Brother” feeling.

CAABF62F-A5AB-4EB2-9F18-6BDE2ED71D90_zpshbe3hwgg.gif

Also while in line, Mom and I made a wish and tossed a penny into the fountain. Remember this for later; it will be important information for the next day of the trip :thumbsup2

93D239DA-9CDE-4641-A8E1-CCE0FE6DC7CB_zpshm7ysejv.png

As always, Everest was super fun! The part where we go backwards in the dark never fails to make my stomach go into my throat!!

After we disembarked, Mom and I set our sights for Africa. We were going to try something that we had never done before….

Festival of the Lion King! We haven’t seen a show at Animal Kingdom since Tarzan Rocks, so we knew that it was time for us to see another one. We’ve seen The Lion King musical when the Broadway tour went to Milwaukee, so we tried to walk in without super high expectations. Because, although Disney shows are amazing, they’re not Broadway ;)

We arrived just in time for the 1:00 showing! We were sat in the Giraffe section. I loved the little pre-show they did where they invite some kids up on stage to make the animal noises. The little girl in our section was so nervous that she refused to talk into the microphone and even started crying up there :sad1: Poor thing! The CM handled it so well though. I loved the 4 hosts of FoTLK, they were super funny and it just screamed Disney!

I was to immersed in the show to take any pictures, but I managed to get this shot during “Can You Feel the Love Tonight.”

F5923362-2589-4BC8-BC82-443E4800614E_zpsgnoohhwg.png

This dance was soooo beautiful. This and the tumble monkeys at the beginning were my favorite parts! All the trapeze work was amazing and it was such a high-quality performance! Mom and I were pleasantly surprised and also shocked that there are so many performances per day! I would be exhausted after performing one show :faint:

Once the show finished, Mom and I had one more destination before moving onto DHS: lunch time!! Our tummies were grumbling, but since we had an ADR for 5:35, we just wanted something small so it wouldn’t spoil our dinner! Mom had a hankering for pizza, so off to Pizzafari we went!!

It was a bit chaotic in there; which was surprising because it was nearing 2:00 and the park wasn’t super crowded that day! We could tell that the CMs working there felt flustered and were running around a lot, so we tried to give them big smiles and lots of “thank you’s”. My mom ordered a beer, I ordered a sweet tea, and we got a pepperoni pizza with a side cucumber salad to share!

30E7BDEB-9A84-4156-B1BE-08F3B6A2D305_zpsvywzackn.png

I waited for our food while my Mom staked out a spot. When our food came, I went to pick up the tray and the CM stopped me, saying, “Sorry, people who are underage can’t carry trays with alcohol on them.”

C34F12DE-2336-4363-9A77-4EFAEEF99DD4_zpswef9ju3a.gif

Since I look young, this happens to me literally all the time, so I just politely corrected him. I handed him my ID and said “Oh it’s no big deal! I’m 22. Here’s my ID!” But then, he pushed back my hand holding the ID, gave a wry laugh, and said, “Yeah, sure you are.” Then he put the tray back on the counter and told me to go get my mom. :furious: Not wanting to argue any further, I went and got Mom to carry the tray, but both of us agreed that it was a super weird CM moment.

Luckily, it didn’t sour Pizzafari for us, and our food was great! We would definitely go back here again if we needed a little snack at Animal Kingdom. The pizza was hot and fresh, and Mom said that she enjoyed having a beer on the hot day!

After lunch, we decided that we had seen all that we wanted to see at Animal Kingdom! At 2:00, we headed on out of the park. We answered a few questions for a survey on our way out; the guy asked us what resort we were staying at on property and how we liked it/etc. Needless to say, we gave the GF glowing reviews! We also had a little dance party with a CM to some African music at the front gates, so it definitely made up for our less-than-friendly CM at Pizzafari :goodvibes

At 2:40 PM, we finally arrived at our second and final park for the day!

FAED0A16-E2B4-47F0-B489-02B90CE1ED25_zpsjhh4dcyr.png

Hooray for Hollywood!!

Coming Up Next- Day 5: Part 3- “A Star Is Born!”

I'm doing this :rotfl2:because of the CM not believing you're 22 and this :scared1: because I can't believe you guys had never seen FOTLK before! It's mine and DH's favorite show in all the parks :goodvibes
Now I agree that was an awkward moment with the snarky CM, but take it from someone who's didn't look over 21 until she was about 30-you will miss that when people no longer question if you're legal!!
Have a magical girls trip, can't wait to hear all about it :)

In case you all are now wondering where to find them, we saw the slushies at Drinkwallah :)
Yep, that's the place. I remember getting frozen Coke there a few years ago. Glad you found it. I wish CM's would try to find out instead of giving false info though. I think there's some rule that they can't say "no" or "I don't know" but I wonder how many less knowledgeable people get disappointed because of bad CM advice when there's no need for it.

I just have one more day of work tomorrow, then I’m free!!! I’m sooooo excited, although like always, it hasn’t sunken in yet that by Friday afternoon, I’ll be in WDW!
Have a great trip! Enjoy Wishes (one last time :()

We love this ride, but also don’t feel a need to ride it multiple times per trip; one or two rides per trip is usually good for us! While in line, I saw this on the wall and promptly freaked out!
I'm pretty much the same about EE. I'm okay with one ride. I'm fine with speed and turns on roller coasters, but I don't like big drops and EE is right on the borderline for me.

Festival of the Lion King! We haven’t seen a show at Animal Kingdom since Tarzan Rocks, so we knew that it was time for us to see another one.
Glad you fixed that problem, but does that mean you also have never seen Finding Nemo The Musical? The songs are pretty catchy. If you have the time, go see it on your trip. It's fun.

Now I agree that was an awkward moment with the snarky CM, but take it from someone who's didn't look over 21 until she was about 30-you will miss that when people no longer question if you're legal!!
Right you are Ariane! I had the same problem XX years ago when I was in my 20s. I thought it was a pain then, but now that my grey hair gives me away, I think maybe it wasn't so bad!

Since I look young, this happens to me literally all the time, so I just politely corrected him. I handed him my ID and said “Oh it’s no big deal! I’m 22. Here’s my ID!” But then, he pushed back my hand holding the ID, gave a wry laugh, and said, “Yeah, sure you are.” Then he put the tray back on the counter and told me to go get my mom.

Totally agree with @ariane37 that you'll eventually miss these days (I looked young for years as well)...BUT...how rude! That is ridiculous that he wouldn't even look at your ID. Looks like a nice snack nonetheless. And we love FOTLK! It's a must do for us on our AK day :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter