• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Even the Garbage Cans Have Flowers!"-A September 2016 Mother-Daughter TR!- NEW TR LINK 9/13!

Yes I do think I'll be renewing for next year! December is technically outside this pass year and I want to go in Feb next year and I'm planning a girl's trip with a friend for next Sep.

I think it's hard to selfie with the Tree of Life :rotfl:

Flik's line was so short when we went there too I had to stop!

I am so excited for you to head back to Disney for one last Wishes celebration. My DD and I just got back from Disney, we had a great time. Our last show of Wishes was a raining night but we enjoyed it so much knowing it was the last for us. My DD was very emotional, she loves it so much! We love Dinosaur so much as well, we were glad to see it back up and running this trip and rode several times. Your safari looked like a good one, we have spent much time on the trails the last few trips and really enjoy them.

Thank you! We're like twins; I saw you just took a weekend trip too! :) I'm following along the TR and I love it so far!!

Yes! I'll admit I laughed a little when I read about your weekend trip plans just because of the coincidence. :) Glad you're enjoying it!!

What a fun morning in AK! I definitely agree on the early morning safaris. Reading the words "frozen coke" made me really want one! Haha:rotfl::drinking1

Thank you so much for the link! This website is amazing, although quite dangerous as I think I will have to try a lot of the recipes on here :laughing:
No problem, I'm glad you like the site. I actually haven't tried any of the recipes yet, since I discovered it back in December. It didn't feel right mixing tropical cocktails in the middle of our Canadian winter, so I'm waiting for summer to try them.

My mom could sense this, and kept asking me if anything was wrong, which in turn made me snap, “NOTHING’S WRONG!” :laughing:
Ah ha! See, I knew you girls really do mean something is wrong when you say "nothing's wrong"! :p

However, the CM operating the stop took a poll over where we were all headed, and an AK bus ended up showing up about 10 minutes later
Interesting. I don't think I ever heard of any polls being done like that. Nice bonus for you.

Okay, I haven’t seen A Bug’s Life in forever, but it’s one of my boyfriend Tom’s favorite Disney movies! The line was only 3 minutes long, and we had never taken a picture with Flik before, so we couldn’t pass it up!
I like Bug's Life, too, but haven't seen it in a while. I've never seen Flik out and about. Great meet!

I knew exactly what I wanted to get: a Frozen Coke! We checked the map, but couldn’t seem to find a stand anywhere in AK that sold slushies. But, I was on a mission and determined to find one! I’ll save our search for the next update :)
Hmmm, well I'll be waiting to hear if you found your frozen Coke, because I've had one in AK before (although a few years ago).

Well, did you or didn't you? Inquiring minds want to know! My favorite frozen slushy product is the Frozen Elephant - frozen Coca-Cola and Amarula Cream Liqueur $10.50. If you've never had one, you can find this yumminess over at the Refreshment Coolpost at the African Outpost in Epcot! I came to love Amarula when I had one on the rocks at Victoria Falls at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I love Amarula! :love:

I totally understand that feeling of sadness that creeps up on you as the vacation gets closer to ending :( I'm glad your mom was able to snap you out of your funk. It sounds like you were having a nice morning at AK! You really got up close and personal with the giraffes on the safari!

I absolutely love Animal Kingdom. The theming is amazing. We got to experience it at night for the first time a few weeks ago (after seeing Rivers of Light during the soft opening period), and I think the park might be even cooler at night. The Tree of Life is awesome all lit up. We got a few Photopass pictures in front of it. But we didn't like dinosaur when we rode it a few trips ago. That's mainly due to the fact that my wife has occasional back issues, and we didn't realize how bumpy this ride would be. I spent most of the ride worrying about her getting hurt, and she spent most of the ride worrying about getting hurt. She was a little sore for a day or two, but nothing too serious. But we learned our lesson not to ride it again.

Hi lady, I'm ALL CAUGHT UP! Yippee! :cloud9: Absolutely loving the TR and real life updates!!

My mom managed to get it at the seatbelt check, but for me, it kept starting and stopping right before we zoomed outside!

Confession time: pre-refurb, my mom and I got stuck on Test Track... back in like, idk, 2001? Well we got stuck the 'hot' section where they were testing how much heat the car could handle... and for someone with panic attacks (cough-me-cough) this was not ideal! I'm nervous every time we ride now! haha!

or some reason, I only got a picture of the Poutine
Poutine = <3

Mom and I were so happy that we shared, because the portions were large and the food was extremely rich. Overall, I’d recommend Le Cellier!

Love this idea... your meal looks so good, glad you got to enjoy Le Cellier and sharing seems like a perfect way not to over eat and feel like crumbs the rest of the day

It was now 10 minutes until IllumiNations started, so we started heading towards our FP seating area at the World Showcase Plaza!

Well, when I was closing it one day, my middle 3 fingers on my right hand got caught between two of the moving panels. I didn't realize it until the door was fully closed, and by that time, they were being squished by the whole weight of the garage door

holy OUCH. I kinda want to see a pic... :) Hope its better by now? or you got a second opinion?

MY SISTER IS ENGAGED, YOU GUYS!!!
YAY! Thats amazing!! The photos are so cute! Congrats!

here were also some GF workers there with the policemen talking to her. The lady was shouting at the policeman, “I DIDN’T DO ANYTHING!” and getting pretty angry :eek:

EEEK... I'm so nosy I would have wanted to eavesdrop #dontjudgeme... I really want to know what happened, especially if it involved the bathroom ?

There’s a store on Etsy called Anthology Candles, and one of their candles is literally called “Floridian." It’s supposed to be a direct duplicate of the lobby scent!
I need this. NOW.

Plenty of drinks to choose from. I'll be featuring the "famous" Sunken Treasure in an upcoming chapter

Yum!!

Fun fact: my mom saved a little boy’s life in the Polynesian’s pool!
Your mom, the super hero!!

just a few months ago, my mom was taking a cooking class with her friends where an older man went into cardiac arrest, and she performed CPR on him too and ended up reviving him until the ambulance arrived!

Ok this stuff freaks me out, especially as a nurse. I HATE going to malls, public places, etc. as i fear someone will need mouth to mouth and I'll get 'outed' as medical provider! haha! My family knows NOT to say anything.... if anyone askes, I'm a horticulturists, like from 'meet the parents'! haha!

Mom and I ordered the exact same drink: A Lapu Lapu
YUM! That sounds so refrehsing... plus, like you said, drinking from a pineapple is ALWAYS a good idea

Finally, now for my big announcement…

I’M GOING BACK TO DISNEY WORLD, Y’ALL!!
YIPPEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been in to Disney in early early (waaayyy back when I was in undergrad.. a la 2008...) and the weather was great! I don't remember anything particular about the crowds so they probably weren't horrendous.

, I want to try to explore the new Planet Hollywood Observatory in Disney Springs; these milkshakes are calling my name!

Those look amazing... please tell me you will do a TR for your March and review these?!

If anyone has any advice/experience with any of these things, PLEASE fill me in!

8F97DE1E-3DB1-4B14-827B-3335695EA37F_zpsvw096rop.png

Great minds think alike... I 'instagram'd" this exact photo when I was there last month! love it!

I'm glad the information is helpful! I love the theme of the Broadway buildings - they are probably my favorite at All Star Music. They are further back, but not the farthest. The walk isn't terrible though. Another nice thing about Music is they recently renovated the food court. The decor was nice, with some subtle musical touches.

Have you seen Wishes from the Poly beach before? It's nice from outside the parks, but it's pretty far. If it was me, I would not do this option on the day you have MK tickets. I would stay in the park and get the best viewing spot you can!

The experience is so much better from the Hub than from across the lake. I would only do the outside the park option on a day you don't have park tickets. I say this because the entire purpose of your trip is to see Wishes before it's gone, and there is no guarantee the beach won't also be crowded.

Great to know about renovating the food court! I'm sure we will be spending a good amount of time in there, for breakfast, lunch, and Mickey Bars of course :)

I've seen Wishes from the Poly before and loved it, but I agree that it's not the #1 viewing spot!! I was more or less considering this if the park is REALLY crowded, like so crowded you can't move or see anything up close!! Sometimes the atmosphere around me affects the experience more than the fireworks itself ::yes::

Thanks for all your tips and tricks! :hug:

Yes I do think I'll be renewing for next year! December is technically outside this pass year and I want to go in Feb next year and I'm planning a girl's trip with a friend for next Sep.

I think it's hard to selfie with the Tree of Life :rotfl:

Flik's line was so short when we went there too I had to stop!

Ahh I love it!! I hope that one day I'll be able to get an AP, there are so many benefits! Of course, along with the fact that you get 365 days of access to the Disney parks :rotfl:

Aww, poor Flik with his always-short lines! And maybe that is why they banned selfie sticks from the parks, haha! :scratchin

I am so excited for you to head back to Disney for one last Wishes celebration. My DD and I just got back from Disney, we had a great time. Our last show of Wishes was a raining night but we enjoyed it so much knowing it was the last for us. My DD was very emotional, she loves it so much! We love Dinosaur so much as well, we were glad to see it back up and running this trip and rode several times. Your safari looked like a good one, we have spent much time on the trails the last few trips and really enjoy them.

Thank you :) I'm following along with you dining report, and I'm sooo jealous that you get go to the World so many times, and stay at the best resorts!! :eek: What did you think of AKL??

I know that I'm going to get soooo emotional when we see Wishes, I'll probably be bawling like a baby! Glad to know I'm not alone in that :laughing: We love the trails at AK as well, even though you see animals at the zoo, it's just SO different at Disney!!

Yes! I'll admit I laughed a little when I read about your weekend trip plans just because of the coincidence. :) Glad you're enjoying it!!

What a fun morning in AK! I definitely agree on the early morning safaris. Reading the words "frozen coke" made me really want one! Haha:rotfl::drinking1

Haha, it's so cool that you got to go to MK on your birthday!! That's the perfect place to spend a special day, getting treated like a princess princess:

Girl, I am always craving a frozen Coke! We have them at almost every gas station around, but they're just NOT THE SAME!! :rotfl:

No problem, I'm glad you like the site. I actually haven't tried any of the recipes yet, since I discovered it back in December. It didn't feel right mixing tropical cocktails in the middle of our Canadian winter, so I'm waiting for summer to try them.

Ah ha! See, I knew you girls really do mean something is wrong when you say "nothing's wrong"! :p

Interesting. I don't think I ever heard of any polls being done like that. Nice bonus for you.

I like Bug's Life, too, but haven't seen it in a while. I've never seen Flik out and about. Great meet!

Hmmm, well I'll be waiting to hear if you found your frozen Coke, because I've had one in AK before (although a few years ago).

Haha, I agree with you there! It was 70 degrees in Wisconsin last Wednesday, but today it was snowing and freezing rain all day :sad2:

You've got us girls all figured out!! :laughing: Last-day blues are the worst!!

Kevin Spacey is one of my favorite actors, so I need to watch A Bug's Life again! And I was on the hunt, I knew that there were places to find slushies in AK, but we couldn't find ANYTHING on the map! :scared1:

Well, did you or didn't you? Inquiring minds want to know! My favorite frozen slushy product is the Frozen Elephant - frozen Coca-Cola and Amarula Cream Liqueur $10.50. If you've never had one, you can find this yumminess over at the Refreshment Coolpost at the African Outpost in Epcot! I came to love Amarula when I had one on the rocks at Victoria Falls at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I love Amarula! :love:

Haha, I'll tell this to you and only you, I eventually found one :thumbsup2 Oooo, that Frozen Elephant sounds really yummy! I've never had Amarula before, is it like Bailey's?! That drink kind of sounds like an adult Root Beer Float :love:

I totally understand that feeling of sadness that creeps up on you as the vacation gets closer to ending :( I'm glad your mom was able to snap you out of your funk. It sounds like you were having a nice morning at AK! You really got up close and personal with the giraffes on the safari!

My mom is always able to tell what's wrong with me and shape me up! I love AK in the morning, the park is so quiet but the animals are so active! :simba:

I absolutely love Animal Kingdom. The theming is amazing. We got to experience it at night for the first time a few weeks ago (after seeing Rivers of Light during the soft opening period), and I think the park might be even cooler at night. The Tree of Life is awesome all lit up. We got a few Photopass pictures in front of it. But we didn't like dinosaur when we rode it a few trips ago. That's mainly due to the fact that my wife has occasional back issues, and we didn't realize how bumpy this ride would be. I spent most of the ride worrying about her getting hurt, and she spent most of the ride worrying about getting hurt. She was a little sore for a day or two, but nothing too serious. But we learned our lesson not to ride it again.

I love Animal Kingdom too! I think it is such an underrated park. I'm hoping that I'll be able to catch ROL on a future trip, we've never done AK at night but now we will definitely have to! :love:

We are the same way with Space Mountain as you are with Dinosaur! In 1994, my parents and sister went to WDW when my mom was pregnant with me. My dad rode Space Mountain, and tweaked his back sooo bad! He ended up laying face-down on a bench in Tomorrowland for 45 minutes :rotfl2: Turns out, he slipped a disk and needed Cortisone shots when they returned home! Then, last trip, my mom got a huge bruise on her arm from the roughness of Space Mountain! So needless to say, Space Mountain and my family do not get along :laughing:

Hi lady, I'm ALL CAUGHT UP! Yippee! :cloud9: Absolutely loving the TR and real life updates!!

Confession time: pre-refurb, my mom and I got stuck on Test Track... back in like, idk, 2001? Well we got stuck the 'hot' section where they were testing how much heat the car could handle... and for someone with panic attacks (cough-me-cough) this was not ideal! I'm nervous every time we ride now! haha!

Poutine = <3

Love this idea... your meal looks so good, glad you got to enjoy Le Cellier and sharing seems like a perfect way not to over eat and feel like crumbs the rest of the day

holy OUCH. I kinda want to see a pic... :) Hope its better by now? or you got a second opinion?

YAY! Thats amazing!! The photos are so cute! Congrats!

EEEK... I'm so nosy I would have wanted to eavesdrop #dontjudgeme... I really want to know what happened, especially if it involved the bathroom ?

I need this. NOW.

Yum!!

Your mom, the super hero!!

Ok this stuff freaks me out, especially as a nurse. I HATE going to malls, public places, etc. as i fear someone will need mouth to mouth and I'll get 'outed' as medical provider! haha! My family knows NOT to say anything.... if anyone askes, I'm a horticulturists, like from 'meet the parents'! haha!

YUM! That sounds so refrehsing... plus, like you said, drinking from a pineapple is ALWAYS a good idea

YIPPEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been in to Disney in early early (waaayyy back when I was in undergrad.. a la 2008...) and the weather was great! I don't remember anything particular about the crowds so they probably weren't horrendous.

Those look amazing... please tell me you will do a TR for your March and review these?!

Great minds think alike... I 'instagram'd" this exact photo when I was there last month! love it!

Yay!! Thanks for reading gf, glad to have you!! :hug: Also, do you have Facebook? Because we should be friends on there too :laughing:

OMG, getting stuck on the "hot" section of Test Track would literally be my nightmare. I would react the exact same way as you and get super panicked!

On mother-daughter trips, we've decided that doing the DDP isn't worth it because we share so much! Same with the girl's trip; we share a lot of meals so it's not the best value for us!

Aww, thanks for asking about my finger :goodvibes It's doing much better now; I didn't get a second opinion and it eventually healed on it's own! And I will PM you a pic of the grossness; I see that you're a nurse so I'm sure you're not affected by that kind of stuff :rotfl:

I want to know what happens in the GF bathroom too! My first instinct told me it was shoplifting..maybe she took something from Sandy Cove and tried to hide in the bathroom with it/put it under her clothes?? Whatever it was, it was dramatic :eek:

Haha about pretending you're not a nurse :rotfl: My mom is the opposite; when Haley played softball, every time a kid got hurt she'd rush onto the field and yell, "I'm a dentist!!!" :rotfl2:

I'm really excited to experience F&G again and enjoy Disney in the not-rainy season ::yes:: And yes, I will do a TR on this thread! It will probably be a bit smaller and in less detail, but I will definitely give you all the deets :) Can't wait to hear more about your trip as well, lady! The BC is an awesome resort and you will fall in love!! :beach:

March 2017 Trip Update!

Hi friends! There has been some advances with my March BFF trip with Gabi and Kaley, so I thought I’d talk about that tonight! I’m hoping to get a TR update done on Monday (hey, if I say it, that means I have to do it, right? :thumbsup2)

B23AF25F-3C31-4967-BC5C-02BD3E37F47C_zpsll0jwnm4.gif

I did our online check-in last week. It’s the first time I have ever used online check-in before! When staying at the Deluxes, we like to check-in at the front desk just to get acclimated to the resort and get that “welcome home!” Two of Mom and I’s best CM experiences happened during check in at the Grand Floridian! However, with a shorter trip like this, I decided that more Disney time is more important than checking in at the desk ::yes:: The All-Stars usually have long lines at check-in, and I have always wanted to experience online check-in so this was the perfect opportunity! I requested to be in the Broadway Section, Upper Floor. I hate being on the ground floor for some reason (kidnappers?) and I’m a huge Broadway geek, so I really hope we get that section :yay:

16FB9987-397B-4870-9153-38640375FF96_zpsykhasg29.png

Ok guys, I know I said I didn’t want to do any ADRS….but I couldn’t help myself :rotfl: If there is one thing you must know about Gabi, it is that she LOVES Belle and Beauty and the Beast. Ever since I’ve known her, she has always stated that Belle was her favorite princess. Gabi is beautiful, has dark hair, is on the shy side, and loves to read, so I can see why she identifies with Belle so much :laughing: Gabi has not been to WDW since 2008, and Kaley has never been before, so they said they’re happy with me taking the reigns and completely trust my judgment.

Gabi was asking me what restaurants that Disney all had; I told her about Be Our Guest, and she just gasped and got all sparkly-eyed! I told her that you had to book that super far in advance, and that was probably the one place where I couldn’t get us in :sad: I was super bummed about it too, because I love Be Our Guest and I think that it’s a great deal for a QS lunch.

Well, lo and behold, I was lurking around the Dining Forum on the DIS and I saw the March 2017 Cancellations thread. Almost instantly, I see @MSPeeler , who had posted that she was cancelling a BOG ADR for 8:20 AM….for THE DAY WE ARE GOING TO MAGIC KINGDOM!! She said that she was willing to coordinate, so I PMed her and managed to grab that ADR! (Thanks Michelle! :hug:) I was so excited to do a pre-park opening ADR, since I had never done one before!

But, deep down, I was secretly hoping to switch it to lunch. A pre-park opening breakfast would have been ideal if we were staying on the monorail, but the All-Stars are further away from MK, so we would have to do a really early morning! Gabi agreed with me, saying that she would be ok with doing breakfast, but that she would then want to do a mid-day break that afternoon.

31539768-020D-47DE-8393-D1FC32F6ECA7_zps23jatkvh.gif

Well, if you know me at all, you know that I DO NOT DO mid-day breaks! Especially when you only have 3 days in WDW! So, I searched high and low for a later time…

AND I GOT ONE!!!

002C5B80-489D-435C-B973-8E9954ADD908_zps9s8lbht1.gif

That’s right friends! I saw a 11:55 lunch ADR for Be Our Guest and I snatched that baby right up! It’s a win-win for all :cool1: I’m so excited to dine in this beautiful castle again! :hyper:

0F0209CA-1EC6-4C1E-83B3-181B27617ABB_zpscaonumbw.jpg

A1BFC913-12A2-4E20-B47A-18CED8DA172C_zpso7u8cyst.jpg

5AF4910C-0380-4F20-A4B2-8D16A454B469_zpsjcdxcyov.jpg

I have a feeling that Gabi and Kaley will want to eat in the ballroom, but I am open to try the other rooms as well!

Ok, so one ADR and done, right?! Well… a few days after booking BOG, I was looking at the dining times when this one popped out to me…

1B3D5D69-DA65-4A42-A843-4D51F40C43D9_zps1kf8gswj.jpg

That’s right, Beaches and Cream!! I saw a time for 7:20 PM and grabbed it. I’m still not sure if we’re going to keep this one or not. We were planning on eating on the Boardwalk after I return from my solo day at Epcot. I’m almost 90% sure that we’re having dinner at Trattoria Al Forno, but we need ice cream too, right? ;) I’m going to try see if I can switch this ADR to 9:30-10ish, so that we can just have some ice cream here instead :goodvibes So far, I haven’t had any luck, so if I don’t get a later time, I’m going to cancel it! I really hope we’re able to get a later time, so I can introduce Gabi and Kaley to this baby…

89AB4F50-EFE0-443C-96F7-5294FADBF455_zpscoxnt3ye.jpg

No Way Jose Sundae :love:

Or if we’re feeling particularly adventurous...the famous Kitchen Sink!!

1FEDA254-1507-458F-BEBE-31DBE9726040_zpsnfougs5f.jpg

Also in Disney news, we made our FP+s this week! We are really hoping to utilize the MDE app this trip and make lots more FPs as we go along! Mom and I really got the hang of this last trip and would literally make another FP while in line! Plus, with the higher crowd level, we will get great use out of MDE!

So our FPs…

Magic Kingdom Day

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad- 10:10-11:10 AM
Splash Mountain- 12:45-1:45 PM
Space Mountain- 1:45-2:45 PM

Epcot Day (just me!)

Spaceship Earth- 9:50-10:50 AM
Soarin’- 11:35-12:35 PM
Living With the Land- 12:40-1:40 PM

No FPs were left for 7 Dwarves Mine Train :sad1: At least there were some left for Splash Mountain!! I figured that the 3 mountains would be the longest lines for our MK day, and as for Epcot, these three rides are my must-dos every time I go to Epcot. Plus, I will be able to utilize the single-rider line for Test Track! :woohoo: I’m really hoping to hit rope-drop for Epcot; I’ve never done it before, and maybe it will be easier if I’m on my own time!

Lastly, to top off this exciting week, our MagicBands (2.0) arrived yesterday! :banana:

AA3C3DB2-6C5B-4A0D-B794-1FD7B307581E_zps7xpmh6fa.jpg

I decided to go with green for St. Patty’s Day :D Gabi texted me, “You got green?? Who are you??” because I’m a pink-lover, but I explained that I needed to collect ALL OF THE COLORS!

:rainbow:

I tried on my band already, and I have to say that I really like the new design! It feels lighter, less bulky, and fits to my wrist better. The old one always laid kinda funny on my wrist, but this one feels like it lays right into the curve of my wrist! They are WAY smaller than they appear on camera too!

Pretty much all I still have left to do is book DME, and search for some cute Disney outfits for the trip :cutie: I’ll keep you guys posted on my findings!! SO excited to be going home with my best gal pals :cloud9:

That’s all I have for now!! Be sure to check back next week (hopefully Monday, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday) for a TR update! Ta-Ta For Now!
::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

Last edited:
The Broadway section looks so cute!

Yay you get to go to Be Our Guest again :cheer2:

Yay! I'm so glad you were able to snag a lunch ADR at BOG, we aren't morning people, so the pre-park opening ADR was going to be too rough for us :crazy2:

Yay for being able to get the BOG ADR you wanted! Don't you just love it when these things work out?!

The "no way Jose" ice cream looks deeeeellliiiciois! I think DH and I will def need to split this during our stay in May!

All of your FP selections look great, but idk how you do Splash Mtn! I'msuch a baby! Haha!!

I deactivated my Facebook on November thanks to all the crazy political stuff ... I actually don't miss it that much! But I'm very active on Snapchat (Ashleegoulette) ! And o know we are friends on insta so pressure is on for you to post more there ... hahaha!!

I'm so glad you mentioned the new Magic bands are smaller than they look bc they look sort of clunky in the photos I've seen ... not sure if clunky is the correct word but you know what I mean ;)

I hope you get the building you want! When I stayed at music I never had a chance to really explore, I would have loved to see the Broadway section!

Yay for getting a reservation at BOG for lunch! Your friend is going to love it!

Your FP choices sound perfect!

I've been reading along but only lurking on your TR because I can never keep up enough to comment. I've really enjoyed reading because I love Mother/Daughter trips. I've taken a few with my Mom. I had to break my silence to tell you I'm doing pretty much the exact same trip you are in two weeks!

I'm flying down on Friday, March 17th and staying at All Star Music. Music is my favorite of the All Stars, this will be my third stay there. Friday I'm going to Epcot, then to MK just for Wishes. Saturday I'm doing AK in the morning and then MK in the afternoon. I somehow managed to grab an ADR for the Wishes Dessert party that night. Sunday will be HS for a few hours, lunch ADR at BOG around 1:30 and then MK for the afternoon. I'm planning on watching Wishes all three nights! Monday I fly home around 1:30 so no park time, probably just Mickey waffles before I board DME. So if a strange lady with a Pluto bag approaches you at ASMu or in the parks, it's me!

YAY for Be Our Guest!!! That is so exciting!!! :)
Haha, it's so cool that you got to go to MK on your birthday!! That's the perfect place to spend a special day, getting treated like a princess princess:

Oh absolutely! It was wonderful:love:

Girl, I am always craving a frozen Coke! We have them at almost every gas station around, but they're just NOT THE SAME!! :rotfl:

Of course not! Everything tastes better when you're in WDW!

How exciting for you, the trip will be here soon. That is great you were able to snag a BoG ADR, lunch is our favorite meal. We loved AKL, it was so comfortable and really felt like you were at home. I have not been to Beaches and Cream yet, we had ADR's once and we cancelled so one of these days we will get there.:flower1:

I am loving your report! You and your mom are just too cute for words. I was so jealous reading about your resort day :)

Also, hello from Wisconsin! I live in Madison. I love hitting up that Disney outlet store in the Dells--I have gotten many of our trip t-shirts there!

Looking forward to the rest of your report!

Well, if you know me at all, you know that I DO NOT DO mid-day breaks! Especially when you only have 3 days in WDW! So, I searched high and low for a later time…
I'm with you on this! We tried doing breaks the first year we went in August, figuring the heat would cause us to want that break - nope. The first day the kids did go in the pool so it was ok, but the 2nd day they didn't feel like swimming so we ended up sitting in the room for 2 hours. The 3rd day before we left our TS lunch we asked them if they wanted to swim and when they said no we said fine, we'll muddle through the heat! I don't mind going back to the room to change and maybe regroup for an hour, but that's about it.

Congrats on getting BOG!
I have a feeling that Gabi and Kaley will want to eat in the ballroom, but I am open to try the other rooms as well!
We've eaten in all 3 rooms but the West Wing is my favorite :goodvibes

I tried on my band already, and I have to say that I really like the new design! It feels lighter, less bulky, and fits to my wrist better.
Good to know. Our MB's for this month were supposed to come by yesterday but they didn't, and when I try tracking them it says the stupid # isn't right :sad2: Really we don't need the bands since we have so many but I'm anxious to see and try the new ones! I don't like the look of them from pictures but I've heard from a few people that they aren't bad.

Yay for getting BOG! I wasn't super impressed with dinner, but I've heard lunch is better. I'd go at anytime just for the strawberry cupcake though. The No Way Jose looks so amazing I wish I had gotten that when we stayed at the Beach Club last year. I totally agree with you on the new MagicBands. Half of the time I didn't even notice mine was on. I have a real nice tan line to prove that I was wearing it though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter