Even More Fun With Dick & Kaz ~ The Tortolly Tropical Pre-trip report: UPDATED AGAIN!

Great adr's Kaz. :thumbsup2 I used the online adr system to make a couple more, i agree it was fab & very easy.

What time are you thinking of meeting up on the 11th hun? I have an adr booked at 5pm I think, I need to check my notes.

Kaz, we'll be nearby at Citrico's for dinner on Friday! Don't be surprised if you see us out there watching fireworks too. Think I'd better go take a peek at that schedule.

I think last year Hallowishes was at 9:30P

Excellent!!! I look forward to seeing you all...

Great adr's Kaz. :thumbsup2 I used the online adr system to make a couple more, i agree it was fab & very easy.

What time are you thinking of meeting up on the 11th hun? I have an adr booked at 5pm I think, I need to check my notes.

Where's your ADR, Claire??? We can be flexible...

Where's your ADR, Claire??? We can be flexible...

It's at the Plaza as we want to get to MK early for MNSSHP. Just a thought but we could meet you at the Outer Rim beforehand for a cocktail or two if you fancy that?

It's at the Plaza as we want to get to MK early for MNSSHP. Just a thought but we could meet you at the Outer Rim beforehand for a cocktail or two if you fancy that?

That's a great idea!!! :goodvibes I just switched our ADR from Narcoossee's to California Grill as I think we'll see Hallowishes best from there... :cloud9:

Realised last night that I hadn't arranged for our Owners Locker (aka Kaz's Kit) to be dropped off so quickly sorted that this morning! Goodness knows I can't do without the fluffy bathrobes and my own personal "concierge lounge" cordials - I think there might be a bottle of fizz in there too... ;)

I have also rescheduled our car hire pick-up from the Dolphin which will now take place on the morning we check out of Bay Lake Towers... We don't have any desire to be at the cruise terminal early so will simply make our way out to Port Canaveral once we've collected the car - the usual mid-size 4x4...

2006_Chevrolet_Equinox_ext_1.jpg

...and will probably arrive at around midday... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

IMGP1012.jpg

I love all your ideas i really want to to do a disney cruise but we are hoping to do this for our honeymoon :D

I must say as wow you look amasin i do not believe you are 40 something what do you do to stay looking so young

I love all your ideas i really want to to do a disney cruise but we are hoping to do this for our honeymoon :D

You won't regret it, Leanne!!! The DCL people really know how to make sure you have a fab time... :cloud9:

...I must say as wow you look amasin i do not believe you are 40 something what do you do to stay looking so young

Well, you are an absolute sweetheart for saying that!!! :hug: You've really made my day!!! :goodvibes

You won't regret it, Leanne!!! The DCL people really know how to make sure you have a fab time... :cloud9:

Well, you are an absolute sweetheart for saying that!!! :hug: You've really made my day!!! :goodvibes

lol your welcome i am being honest though I hope i look that good at your age lol

So I've double-checked the calendar and it seems there are only 3 weeks to go until we're parking Dick's monster truck at the short stay Gatwick South car park (I got a very good deal) and strolling to check-in for flight VS015!!!

Once through security, we'll quickly retreat to whichever lounge VA are serving up as an alternative to the 'closed for repair' Clubhouse! I confess my initial dismay at this deviation has now dissipated. After all, a change is as good as a rest and TBH I'm now more interested in seeing how the Clubhouse looks post-refurb than mourning it's absence... Whichever lounge makes us welcome, I'll wager there'll be champale in some guise to ensure the trip gets off to a cork-popping start!!!

But I'm getting a little ahead of myself...

On Monday our cruise documents arrived, which made the trip seem another little bit closer to reality...

DSCF1659.jpg

Don't they look goooood..? In addition, I've now printed off relevant documentation and vouchers in order to begin assembling that all-important holiday wallet - so we're good to go!!!??? Er... Not quite... I have to confess that there are one or two outstanding issues to deal with before I can relax into the trip - but you know me, I'm ever the optimist... ;)

The main thing is I have to renew my passport as it expires in November. I took the decision to leave it until the last minute and renew it in person at the London office - I mean, come on, how bad can it be...? Seems I have to ring for an appointment when it's two-week-prior-to-lift-off and then it can be sorted on the day. Easy peasy, then...

Then there's the onboard DISpeeps Fish Extender exchange thingy - I know it sounds stupid, but I just didn't realise how many were taking part!!! If I tell you there are 30 children and 60+ adults you'll get the idea!!! TBH I'm somewhat daunted but DD Sophie has showed me a website that may help so fingers crossed, people... Oh and I just realised I haven't designed a single door magnet!!! I really need a 'hair-tearing-out' smilie...

There are one or two other thorns in my side but I'm sure they'll be extracted prior to the trip with minimum pain and fuss so I won't bore you with the details. Suffice to say, they involve builders and boarding kennels - tho' not necessarily together...

And on that note, I'll bid you bye bye. Thank you for reading and I'll be back with the full-fat, all-singing, all-dancing trip report when I return. Catch ya later... xxx

Hope everything falls into place nicely for you - and it's good to hear that none of it is getting you down and stressing you out (too much)

One question for you. What is that Mickey head shaped object behind your tickets?

...One question for you. What is that Mickey head shaped object behind your tickets?

It's the wire basket from a beautiful DCL flower arrangement that our kids ordered for us when we sailed on the Magic in September 2007...

IMGP1014.jpg

As we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and renewing our vows on that cruise, I wanted it as a memento - so stuffed it with socks and crossed my fingers it would make it back OK... And, as you can see, it did!!! :goodvibes

All the final details are sorted and, in 12 short hours, Dick and I will be leaving Taylor Towers for Gatwick. The lovely lady dogs have left for their extended hols - a tearful moment for me as currently I'm not sure when they will return. But I know they'll be happy, loved and well looked after, so it's a case of dry yer eyes, mate!!!

I've checked in online and printed off every conceivable piece of info we might possibly need - is that me or is it a DIS thing?? We're packed in traditional 'suitcase-in-a-suitcase' style - just toiletries and electrical items to throw in later. Oh and I have enough reading material to last a weeklong cruise!!! Good job we're sailing away on Saturday then... ;)

So bye for now. Please turn the lights off on the way out and I'll see you soon... :goodvibes

Have a great time Karen and Richard! :cool1:

have a great time i cant wait to hear how it went :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!