European Union will bar travelers from the US (and others). US does not make the cut, too out of control

Dan Murphy

We are family.
https://www.businessinsider.com/europe-travel-ban-americans-eu-coronavirus-final-2020-6
The US stands pretty much alone in how bad a job it has done in trying to coral the pandemic. The US has about 4% of the world's population, about 25% of both the COVID cases and deaths. With over 2 1/2 million cases and over 126,00 dead,

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
Also probably Russia and Brazil will be blocked from entry. Brazil is looking soon like it could be worse than the US.

I definitely don’t blame them one bit. I hate that the selfishness of a percentage of our population has created a bad name for the country as a whole. Some of us actually do care. But it’s like the meme I’ve seen floating around comparing this to a group project in school. We’re all failing because some of the group won’t do the work.

The saddest part of this is I’ve never been to Europe or had plans to go. Until this year. We’ve been wanting to do it for years and my dad, one of my sisters and I finally had something booked to go to London and Paris in October. :guilty: At least with a ban, we can hopefully get most of the trip refunded and it won’t be a decision of you could go, but don’t want to. I only hope that we can reschedule. At this point, 2 years from now seems like the most realistic option if we’re lucky.:guilty:

I would be lying if I told you this didn't bother me. My husband has dual citizenship with Italy and was there when all of this went down in March. I was supposed to join him on March 11th. We go to Italy twice a year. The last time I was there was July of last year. I really want to get back, but obviously this is not happening anytime soon, I am afraid.

Maybe it will keep travel money in the US and keep Americans off of planes for hours and hours, not really seeing any downside.
I guess some are sad, I'm not one of them - seems a good idea all around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter