European Christmas Markets with a 7 year old?

Birdie dog

DIS Veteran
I'm hoping to book a Christmas market trip with my daughter and my (then) eight year old granddaughter. I've been to several of the countries we will be visiting. But, never at Christmas time. If you were booking based on the markets only - and most magical options for an 8 year old, would you pick Rhine or Danube?

Nürnberg in Bavaria, Germany has a beautiful christmas market. Ist is very old and nostalgic. Not exactly at ohne of the both rivers but
maybe you can drive there. Not sure about covid-19 Restriktionen for this year.🎄

Nürnberg in Bavaria, Germany has a beautiful christmas market. Ist is very old and nostalgic. Not exactly at ohne of the both rivers but
maybe you can drive there. Not sure about covid-19 Restriktionen for this year.🎄
Thank you! I've heard Nurnburg is amazing. We'll go next year. My granddaughter isn't old enough to be vaccinated yet. Hopefully this fall.

A lot of the small market towns and cities in the U.K. have delightful Christmas markets. Godalming in Hampshire and Winchester, for example.

Which company are you planning to travel with? I’ve sailed the Rhine and both routes of the Danube multiple times (each company and cruise stops at slightly different ports) but I’d say the Danube is absolutely the most magical one in terms of scale of the markets. There are also far more locations and your opportunities that I think would probably appeal more to an 8 year old. The Rhine markets are more traditional and you have the opportunity to go to some real small gems of picturesque towns but they may not be as exciting to an 8 year old. Feel free to ask me any other questions you might have!

Thank you. I think Danube is our first choice. Due to our jobs (daughter owns a business, I'm an ER nurse) it's almost impossible to take vacation over the actual holidays, so we can't use ABD. I think we'll do the trip with Tauck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter