Euro Disney SCA 3rd Quarter Announcement

cap'njack.

Totally in love with Lisa_C
For anyone interested Euro Disney SCA have reported their revenues for thr third quarter of fiscal year 2009. The full report is here

REVENUES BY OPERATING SEGMENT FOR THE NINE MONTHS ENDED JUNE 30, 2009

Nine-month year-to-date revenues decreased 7% to € 867 million, reflecting a decline in guest spending, in real estate revenues and in hotel occupancy.

Third quarter revenues decreased 7% to € 308 million, reflecting declines in guest spending and hotel occupancy.

For the nine months ended June 30, 2009, theme parks revenues decreased 3% to € 482.1 million from € 498.4 million in the prior-year period, resulting from a 4% decrease in average spending per guest, partly offset by a 1% increase in attendance.

For the nine months ended June 30, 2009, theme parks revenues decreased 3% to € 482.1 million from € 498.4 million in the prior-year period, resulting from a 4% decrease in average spending per guest, partly offset by a 1% increase in attendance.

The reduction in hotel occupancy resulted from 66,000 fewer room nights compared to the prior-year period, primarily driven by fewer guests visiting from Spain and the United Kingdom. This decrease was partially offset by a higher level of French and Belgian guests.

REVENUES BY OPERATING SEGMENT FOR THE THIRD QUARTER

Theme parks revenues decreased 5% to € 172.4 million from € 182.0 million in the prior-year quarter, resulting from a 5% decrease in average spending per guest.

Hotels and Disney® Village revenues decreased 10% to € 121.8 million from € 135.4 million in the prioryear quarter, due to a 6.1 percentage point decrease in hotel occupancy and a 3% decline in average spending
per room.

This was the bit that caught my eye...

In the coming months, the Company will be sharing details of new attractions that have begun construction and will be opened next year.

I wounder what these will be?

Hmmmm, maybe if there were things worth buying, they would sell more merchandise!

As for TSPL - there are plenty of pictures where they have struck ground in WDSP and it was confirmed at the Cannes Film festival by John Lasseter, coupled with the horrid concept art for HKDL who will also be getting the same rubbish.

Then the big rumour is the trackless Ratatoulle ride for DLP's 20th anniversary (WDSP's 10th) in 2012.

I hope I'll be able to see some (Toy Story) "developments" in/near WDS from the air, as we hope to be riding Panoramagique on our vist next week:cloud9: . If so, you all will be the first to know

I actually disagree with the merchandise comment we always find loads to buy whenw ere there. spend a fortune on souvenirs every time lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter