Escape Wedding with Lunch/Dinner????

SmilingatDisney

Earning My Ears
Did anyone have an Escape Wedding and followed it with a Lunch or Dinner...

I found some menus on Magicalkingdoms.com for Lunch at the Boardwalk but I am not sure where would they set this up.

I am looking for ideas for a lunch or dinner reception after an Escape ceremony.

please help!!!

Did anyone have an Escape Wedding and followed it with a Lunch or Dinner...

I found some menus on Magicalkingdoms.com for Lunch at the Boardwalk but I am not sure where would they set this up.

I am looking for ideas for a lunch or dinner reception after an Escape ceremony.

please help!!!

I actually need help with this too. I was hoping to do something in our outfits (so that means nothing in the parks), and ideally with a character (because of my kids). Which only leaves us with 1900 PF, and that start at 430 at the earliest. I'm not sure what time the dessert party starts, but I've been trying to figure out if we will do a 10 or a 12 ceremony time.

My other serious option (w/out character) would be narcossee's. I also hear ohanas is really good? I'm not sure, we have a bunch of allergies and food stuff between the 4 of us, so it makes dining challenging.

I wondered about other resort restaurants though... so thanks for asking!

We are having our dinner reception in the Wine Room at Jiko...PM me if you have any questions! HTH!:goodvibes

Yeah we had a luncheon at GFC.. I don't recommend it.

There are plenty of restaurants you can have it at. My advice is to have it somewhere where the food is good..go with your gut and don't go with looks over qaulity of food.

If you are looking for a place around the boardwalk you can also look into the ones at the Swan and Dolphin, Yacht club and Beach club. Good luck with everything.

Yeah we had a luncheon at GFC.. I don't recommend it.

There are plenty of restaurants you can have it at. My advice is to have it somewhere where the food is good..go with your gut and don't go with looks over qaulity of food.

If you are looking for a place around the boardwalk you can also look into the ones at the Swan and Dolphin, Yacht club and Beach club. Good luck with everything.

Lynn, I followed your threads and loved your wedding. It was just amazing.

I was wondering how did you trasport your guest from the Boardwalk to GF. I was hoping to keep everything in the same location to avoid the extra limo/bus expense but I like Citricos for lunch or the California Grill for dinner...

How many people did you have?

Lynn, I followed your threads and loved your wedding. It was just amazing.

I was wondering how did you trasport your guest from the Boardwalk to GF. I was hoping to keep everything in the same location to avoid the extra limo/bus expense but I like Citricos for lunch or the California Grill for dinner...

How many people did you have?

Thank you very much.

I think there was 15 of us all together.

My MIL stayed off property so her, her husband and my little BIL and one of my SIL drove over to the GF...my other SIL her BF and Tim's dad went over in the limo while we were getting pics done at the boardwalk....my mom dad MOH and BM rode with us in the limo over to the GF when we were done with the pictures.

We had to have a taxi pick us up after the luncheon to take us back to our resort.

Girl I totally vote for Cali Grille for your wedding dinner!!!!

Where are you guys staying?

Thank you very much.

I think there was 15 of us all together.

My MIL stayed off property so her, her husband and my little BIL and one of my SIL drove over to the GF...my other SIL her BF and Tim's dad went over in the limo while we were getting pics done at the boardwalk....my mom dad MOH and BM rode with us in the limo over to the GF when we were done with the pictures.

We had to have a taxi pick us up after the luncheon to take us back to our resort.

Girl I totally vote for Cali Grille for your wedding dinner!!!!

Where are you guys staying?

I am still planning things out, it's just so much especially with the timing. I am planning on staying at the Boardwalk since I am a DVC member.

I was hoping for A) Ceremony at 5pm, with dinner at Cali Grill right on time for Wishes or B) Ceremony at 10 with lunch at Citricos. with Citricos you need to be done by 3pm.

I also looked into a lunch at the Boardwalk St James room but I don't know, it's so many choices it's getting crazy, plus to add to the drama, my family likes the idea of Disney wedding but they still have their heart set on a reception at home (New Jersey) for those who can't make it.

I am totally against the idea... I much rather spend the money at Disney and have an awesome Disney event than entertain the "co-workers" and "unwanted guest" if you know what i mean...

I am still planning things out, it's just so much especially with the timing. I am planning on staying at the Boardwalk since I am a DVC member.

I was hoping for A) Ceremony at 5pm, with dinner at Cali Grill right on time for Wishes or B) Ceremony at 10 with lunch at Citricos. with Citricos you need to be done by 3pm.

I also looked into a lunch at the Boardwalk St James room but I don't know, it's so many choices it's getting crazy, plus to add to the drama, my family likes the idea of Disney wedding but they still have their heart set on a reception at home (New Jersey) for those who can't make it.

I am totally against the idea... I much rather spend the money at Disney and have an awesome Disney event than entertain the "co-workers" and "unwanted guest" if you know what i mean...

Yeah I know what you mean! Good luck with all your planning. I think your plan A sounds great!

Our wedding was at noon, and we has lunch at Fulton's after the cake cutting (We made ADR for 2:30). I know many people has mixed reviews about this place, but I can only say the service was excellent, and we really like the place.

We are hoping for a 2:30 ceremony at Sunset Pointe. We then hope to get a 5:00 ADR at OHana. Our ceremony should be rather short, we will do a quick cake cutting and if people want they can eat cake then- otherwise we will box it up, and we'll have a quick dance then get a few more pics. Our guests will probably slowly head up to the bar by OHana while we finish pics and then we'll have dinner (hopefully followed by a Wishes cruise on the Grand 1). OHana works for us but if you want something a little less casual and more private I think Cali grill sounds great:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter