Escape From Craziness Part II to Fireworks, Food and A DVC Tour - A June 2018 Trip Report - Updated 7/19

cstorm65

DDC #699
Day 3 - Part 5 - Thank Goodness for Bubble Machines

At about 6:45 we headed back towards Fantasyland as we had plans to meet up with our friends who were down in the parks for the first part of our trip. We had plans for a quick snack and then we all had FP’s together at a ride a little later.

First off a snack was in order and I had seen a new offering prior to the trip that I wanted to try, the new tater tot dishes at the Friar’s Nook. We got one of each type to split between DW, the boys and I. First up was the Buffalo Chicken Tots, followed by the Mexican Tots.

I would say these were just ok. I would probably get them again if I was in the mood, but they certainly weren’t amazing. I thought the toppings were good on both, but they were lacking in the amount of toppings. For instance on the Mexican tots they had queso over the top, but it was only enough to get on about half of the tater tots. If I’m getting queso I want it on all of them! Haha

The buffalo chicken ones were good to me, again they could have used more sauce. DW didn’t love these because she isn’t a big feta cheese fan, which is what these had. But overall I liked both, just nothing spectacular. I guess this was technically our dinner for the night as we weren’t planning on eating anything too big as we had the dessert party later on and they had recently started offering savory items with that as well as the desserts, so we were planning on getting our money’s worth.

After a little break we started the walk over to our FP. Past the castle and carousel and over towards the Haunted Mansion!

We got there about 7:30 and only waited about five minutes before we were inside the stretching room! It was a great ride, and DS6 had a great time riding with his friend! We hung out with our friends in Liberty Square for a bit before we had to head over to check in for our dessert party.

Not too long before our trip they started offering the after fireworks dessert party, so I booked that one. My thought was we would be the first people in the seating area, so we could get a good spot, then go do our desserts after. Of course the question about this plan was how would the boys do staying up that late...stay tuned to find out!

We checked in at 8:15, for a 9:00 fireworks show, and they directed us to the Plaza Garden’s viewing area. We got inside and settled at about 8:20. There wasn’t many people in when we got there and I’d say at about 8:45 it started getting crowded as the pre-fireworks dessert party people showed up. Here were our seats:

It was at this point, for the 40 minutes that we waited, that DW and I were so thankful for the bubble makers we had, which were obviously sent down from heaven to entertain our kids! I don’t know how we would have made it 40 minutes without these!

We had a a great view as we waited!

Of course the bubble machines were still a hit:

I’m sure he’s trying to figure out how to up the bubble count and make more come out!

We kept waiting and waiting and we finally made it to where it was getting a little darker...

...and darker...

...and finally, it was dark...

That must mean it was almost show time.

I got a picture of the boys, but didn’t warn them about the flash...well, that caught them by surprise!

Now, let’s smile boys!

“Dad, enough with the flash!”

Anyway, we made it to 9:00. We positioned ourselves right up next to one of the railings so we would have a little easier time keeping our spots. We also strategically placed the stroller to where DS6 could stand on that and watch the fireworks so we weren’t having to hold him the entire time. My muscles wouldn’t have been up to that!

Stand by for fireworks pictures in the next update and have a great weekend everyone!

Up Next: “I Love This Dessert Party”

StarWarsMomofGirls!

DIS Veteran
I would say these were just ok. I would probably get them again if I was in the mood, but they certainly weren’t amazing. I thought the toppings were good on both, but they were lacking in the amount of toppings. For instance on the Mexican tots they had queso over the top, but it was only enough to get on about half of the tater tots. If I’m getting queso I want it on all of them! Haha
I feel like the person serving up the bowls can really determine how much sauce you get. I kind of forgot about these, I wonder if they are still there. Might need to get them in August.

Def doesn't look like enough queso on that bowl.

Of course the bubble machines were still a hit:
Seriously amazes me how fun bubbles are!!!

MimiMoments

Earning My Ears
Your boys are adorable! I'm enjoying your trip report. Thanks for posting pics of your view from the dessert party area. We are treating ourselves to this for the first time this August. It's going to be so nice to relax before fireworks instead of fighting the crowds! Did the reserved area end up being very crowded? We are doing the desserts before portion of the party.

pcbianchini

Earning My Ears
I just found your new report and am all caught up. You’re first day was so much fun. It’s the little surprises that make the trip special. Can’t wait to read more.

SimplyGoofy

"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!"
Thank you for the review of the tots! The Friar Nook tots appeal to me more than the Tatchos at Woody's Lunchbox as I don't like beans - it's good to know that they would be a good snack if you're hungry for tots but aren't worth going out of your way for.

I hope your kids make it to the dessert party in mostly one piece! I really enjoyed the original dessert party as you get to sit down during the fireworks, but I may have to change my strategy as the projections with the new show may not work as well from Tomorrowland Terrance. I'm excited to see what you think of the entire experience!

Also, THANK GOODNESS for bubbles and bubble machines! :goodvibes

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News