EpiPens and Traveling to the Parks

d23cndrela

Mouseketeer
Hey! Does anyone know if there are any special rules about carrying EpiPens in the parks? Just want to be prepared for our trip in September. Thanks!

I have not been to Disney with them but am told that they are fantastic with handling allergies so I can't imagine an issue. When we travel with my son, we carry a Doctor's note explaining the medication we carry, why we carry, and our travel dates. It is great for airport security screenings, restaurants that may not "understand" why he won't be eating off their , etc...

We have taken DH's epipen to WDW with us on several occasions. Never any problem.

I have carried two epi pens into all of the Disney parks in Florida and California many times. We have never been questioned or had any problems at all:)

Thanks Guys for all your help! I really appreciate it. Just recently I was stopped going into Busch Gardens in Williamsburg and asked to see the prescription (which is on the box not on the pen) and then was told I had to register at First Aid, So I was a little concerned. Thanks again.

This is a good question, but as others mentioned here, Disney is excellent with making accommodations for those with allergies or special needs. I'm going to move this over to the disABILITIES board as I am sure you will be able to find out more information there. :)

I have never been any asked about DD's epipen at WDW either. But I do put it in a quart size bag with the RX label from the box in the bag just incase there are any questions.

Never had a problem with an Epi-pen. We do ask the pharmacy to put labels both on the box and the pen for school. We have been questioned a couple times when we had a Twinject instead, guess Epipen is more familiar to everyone.

I have one on me at all times and have never been asked about it :thumbsup2

al6yi5tjlrmqg2ap.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter