Epic fail :-(

missoverexcited

Mouseketeer
We are visiting as a party of 12 - 3 family groups - from 21 July-4 Aug. My DS turns 18 during our holiday and decided he wanted to go to Planet Hollywood for a meal that evening.

Unfortunately, it has taken a few weeks to get the rest of our family to make a definite decision that they were all happy with this, and by now - no joy, we couldn't get a table for 12.

We have booked 3 separate tables at 15 minute intervals which was the best we could do, and we will probably ring every few weeks to see if there have been cancellations.

In the meantime, I think it might be best for us to book somewhere else. Any suggestions for a fun atmosphere, reasonable prices and quality, good for ages from 61-2 and which serves ordinary English/American food due to fussy eaters? Not asking too much am I?? :rotfl2:

We are visiting as a party of 12 - 3 family groups - from 21 July-4 Aug. My DS turns 18 during our holiday and decided he wanted to go to Planet Hollywood for a meal that evening.

Unfortunately, it has taken a few weeks to get the rest of our family to make a definite decision that they were all happy with this, and by now - no joy, we couldn't get a table for 12.

We have booked 3 separate tables at 15 minute intervals which was the best we could do, and we will probably ring every few weeks to see if there have been cancellations.

In the meantime, I think it might be best for us to book somewhere else. Any suggestions for a fun atmosphere, reasonable prices and quality, good for ages from 61-2 and which serves ordinary English/American food due to fussy eaters? Not asking too much am I?? :rotfl2:

I have done that before and arrived about 20 minutes ahead of the first ressie and were still able to sit together:) HTH!

I think T-Rex is a lot of fun and is pretty good for all those ages.

Its also in the Downtown area and should be big enough to accommodate 12 people.

Good luck and have fun!

I'd suggest Big River or ESPN (not sure if they take ADR's though) and they are outside of the parks.

I'd also suggest TREX and RainForest. I would call TREX directly (not go through Disney reservations) and ask about a table for 12 on the date and time you want.

I'd suggest Paradiso 37, but look at the online menu first to make sure it has the food your party would like.

I would also keep calling Planet Hollywood (not sure if there is a direct line to the restaurant or not) especially a few days before the event.

I'd second showing up early if you want to take the chance on getting a table together.

The direct number for Planet Hollywood is 407-827-7827. I'd say just keep trying. If nothing opens up there, we really like Big River Brewing on the Boardwalk. Food is good, especially for less adventurous eaters, and you can sit outside and watch all the activity on the Boardwalk. Their phone number is 407-560-0253. Good luck!

Kathy

I was going to suggest T-Rex as well...or the Rainforest???

ESPN Club?
Big River Brewing?

ESPN Club does not take reservations and that place is usually a zoo at night due to the vast array of sporting events at any given time so I would steer clear of there. Big River is another option and they have nice outdoor seating as well and usually does not seem overly crowded. Not sure about their reservation policy though...

Good luck!

Thanks everyone, I think T-Rex and Big River Brewing would be my favourites from the suggestions, will run them by the rest of the family and hopefully make a reservation quickly!

I don't think big river takes reservations, either. (and based on our experience there as a group of 8, I wouldn't do it...horrid acoustics making it impossible to hear each other, bad food, lousy confused service...just not pleasant)

I know for T Rex you cant book a party of 12 online. I know because I have a party of 12 going in August. Each time I tried to book for a party of 12 it told me that my party size was too big and to call the resturant directly which is what another poster suggested.

What I did was book 2 tables for 6 that were 5 min apart but for us it was not critical that we all sit together.

I know T Rex is very popular so if you are considering it call now.

Try contacting Planet Hollywood directly. There's a phone number and a fax number on their website (couldn't find an email address). I believe Planet Hollywood is one of the restaurants that only releases a portion of their reservations to Disney and keeps the rest for people who contact them directly.

We went at Christmas in 2010 and had 14 of us at the Whispering Canyon Cafe for my Dad's birthday - it was wonderful - we went at 3:30 p.m. when the All-you-care-to-eat Skillet was $10 cheaper each than at dinner time (had a very late breakfast and snack at lunchtime) - we had such fun with everyone, food was great, and Dad got an awesome cupcake at the end of his meal for his birthday. Lots of fun pics, great atmosphere, and we all got to relax in the beautiful Iron Spike room at the vacation club section of the Lodge. Then we all took the boat ride over to MK to catch a bus back to our resort - lovely and happy birthday for my Dad and the whole family. My kids are all 16 and over, and this is a must-do restaurant every trip!

I don't know if you're planning on going to Universal Studios during your trip or not, but if you are you could try the Hard Rock Cafe or The Kitchen (at the Hard Rock Hotel).

You might give Raglan Road a direct call, (407) 938-0300, don't go through Disney.

They recently remodeled their Music Room to accommodate large groups. It is a fun place with basic food available. On the Dining Plan too.

Music Room at Raglan Road

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!