Epcot WS - Where was Thanksgiving dinner an option last year?

luvallprincesses

DIS Veteran
Two years ago, I remember waiting until a month or so before Thanksgiving to see the full list of where a traditional dinner was going to be available in the parks (not very ADR friendly timing). I wish I could find that list now! Specifically, wondering if Marrakesh did?

I'm completely baffled...why would Marrakech offer a traditional thanksgiving meal? They don't celebrate it, as, of course, none of the non American countries in world showcase.

OK so this is what I've found; restaurants that do something special for Thanksgiving:

Tusker House
Akershus
Biergarten
Le Cellier
Rose and Crown
Coral Reef
Tutto Italia
Via Napoli
Tony's Town Square
Liberty Tree Tavern
Raglan Road
Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe

Plus another like 2 dozen resort restaurants.

I'm completely baffled...why would Marrakech offer a traditional thanksgiving meal? They don't celebrate it, as, of course, none of the non American countries in world showcase.
Originally I thought that as well. But two years ago we had a fabulous turkey/stuffing Thanksgiving dinner at Akershus. I guess "when in Rome..."

OK so this is what I've found; restaurants that do something special for Thanksgiving:

Tusker House
Akershus
Biergarten
Le Cellier
Rose and Crown
Coral Reef
Tutto Italia
Via Napoli
Tony's Town Square
Liberty Tree Tavern
Raglan Road
Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe

Plus another like 2 dozen resort restaurants.

Thank you! Where did you find the info?

Originally I thought that as well. But two years ago we had a fabulous turkey/stuffing Thanksgiving dinner at Akershus. I guess "when in Rome..."

Welp, learn something new every day!

Wouldn't it be cool if each country really celebrated their own national holidays? Does France do Bastille Day for instance? That would be SO fun! I've been at WDW for July 4th, but don't think I've ever been for the 14th...mmmmm

As usual, pretty caustic. IMO you are frequently pretty difficult in your replies. It can be hard to read. No need to be so tough on those who believe differently than you. JMHO

As usual, pretty caustic. IMO you are frequently pretty difficult in your replies. It can be hard to read. No need to be so tough on those who believe differently than you. JMHO
It's okay. I always try to give the benefit of the doubt on intonation in type. And then try to de-escalate, refocus back to the topic, and be kind. Always be kind. (Can you tell I teach middle schoolers?!)

I just booked a Thanksgiving Dinner at Akershus for this coming year! How was the meal? I have two DD who are looking forward to meeting the princesses. I'm hoping they'll still make an appearance even though it's Thanksgiving? I hope you enjoy your upcoming trip!

I just booked a Thanksgiving Dinner at Akershus for this coming year! How was the meal? I have two DD who are looking forward to meeting the princesses. I'm hoping they'll still make an appearance even though it's Thanksgiving? I hope you enjoy your upcoming trip!

Our meal was fabulous! The princesses were absolutely in full force. The cold bar was available for starters, as usual, and then the normal menu plus option of turkey with all the fixins. I was happy to be able to experience the Norwegian cold bar but still have the option of American Thanksgiving. Everyone in our party was happy with that. It was a great meal and experience. Congrats on snagging a reservation; I got all the locations we hoped for but some aren't at the greatest times so I'm hoping to get lucky and makes some time swaps. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter