• Epcot!

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • Magic Kingdom Day Two!

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters

KyGeo

Earning My Ears
Hello!
I am working on planning a trip for me and a couple family members. Its primarily a Universal Orlando trip but I am throwing in a couple Disney days. I have plans to do Magic Kingdom one day and Hollywood Studios one day for certain with my family members, however, there is a day that I have open for a solo Disney day. I am debating between Epcot and another Magic Kingdom day. My trip is in June/July of 2021. I have never been to any park in Disney World.
Originally, I was thinking Epcot. However with all the construction and projects in progress I'm a little skeptical. I have seen tons of people say that Epcot just isn't worth it right now. This day will be solo so I don't have to worry about small children. If Remy's Ratatouille Adventure opens up before my travel dates it may give me more motivation to go, however the crowds that come along with that are less than ideal. The rides at Epcot seem pretty cool and I'm sure I would love riding all of them. I love traveling too so world showcase also looks promising to me.
The more I think about it, I'm leaning towards another day at Magic Kingdom. I want to do as much as possible in that park, and if I have the extra solo day than the day I'm going with my family won't be as jam packed and stressful. I'll get to finish up any rides that I missed with my family and re-do my favorites. I don't drink, and I'd rather spend my money on a Dole Whip than an expensive pastry at Epcot.
With the current pass reservation system, I obviously have to make a choice on this matter, I can't simply decide the morning of, or wait until after I find out if my first Magic Kingdom day is enough.
Any feedback or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
-Kylie

I would do an Epcot day. You’re going to want to come back anyway, so you can do more MK then!

Another vote for Epcot. If you have never been to any of the parks, I think you should go to as many of them as you can then if you ever go back you can decide on skipping a park. Epcot isn't really ride centric, it does have a number of rides but you can't beat WS. MK does have a lot of rides but a lot of them are in Fantasyland, which means geared more towards kids. That's not to say adults don't enjoy them, they just are geared to kids. Something to keep in mind, Park Hopping started yesterday and I'm assuming it still will be possible by summer so that might be an option too.

Not enough info.
What do you enjoy the most? Theming, dark rides, thrill rides, shopping, eating, people watching, etc?

Thrill rides, you should be prioritizing animal kingdom over either Epcot or mk²
Food, definitely ep
You can't do everything in mk in one day without just running from line to line

Thrill rides, you should be prioritizing animal kingdom over either Epcot or mk²

I mean you have a singular coaster at AK and that's it for thrill rides then Kali which is a fringe thrill.

You have Mars as the singular thrill ride at Epcot and Test Track for the fring thrill.

If someone is big in to thrill I would likely hit MK for 2 days.

Epcot for Sure. You've already done MK. Don't go back there and see all the same things when you have the great big spacious Epcot to spend a day at.

Since they're allowing park hopping I'd do AK and follow it up with Epcot in the evening.

I second this! If you have a PH ticket, starting at AK with an earlier opening and ending at Epcot with a later closing would definitely feel more like regular park hours.

I mean you have a singular coaster at AK and that's it for thrill rides then Kali which is a fringe thrill.

You have Mars as the singular thrill ride at Epcot and Test Track for the fring thrill.

If someone is big in to thrill I would likely hit MK for 2 days.

Flight of Passage is arguably the best thrill ride at Disney World.

I agree that MK has more thrill rides (and more rides in general), but I guess it depends on whether the OP wants to experience different rides and attractions on different days.

Flight of Passage is arguably the best thrill ride at Disney World.

Ya I don't really consider it a thrill ride just a 4D theatre with some extra seat motion. I suppose if we are then Soarin is another thrill ride. If you are going to AK for specifically FOP then make sure you get a middle seat to avoid the poor viewing angle seats.

I think being a video gamer who has VR changes my perspective on it being a thrill ride it seems since you consider a thrill ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter