EPCOT Segway tours

snoopywoodstockus

Mouseketeer
Do they still offer the 1 hour segway training tour "Simply Segway" at EPCOT? When I look up tours on wdwinfo and Disney all I see is the Around the World on a Segway tour option.

My parents are coming with us in August and want to do a Segway tour (Fort Wilderness Segway tour). Mom has had both knees replaced and is nervous about it. We thought this might let her try it out for an extended period in a controlled environment first. This might make her (and us) more comfortable.

Riding the Segways put a strain on your legs and knees. They are controlled by the movement of your feet pushing forward or backwards. I don't want to discouraged you from trying the tour but wanted to let you know. My father and I did the around the world tour and our legs were sore after and both of us are in decent shape as far as legs are concerned. Oh and the 1 hour indoor training session is called Simply Segway.

Riding the Segways put a strain on your legs and knees. They are controlled by the movement of your feet pushing forward or backwards. I don't want to discouraged you from trying the tour but wanted to let you know. My father and I did the around the world tour and our legs were sore after and both of us are in decent shape as far as legs are concerned. Oh and the 1 hour indoor training session is called Simply Segway.

DW and I have done Both Around the World and Ft. Wilderness. We just wanted to know if the Simply Segway was still offered as DMIL really wants to try the segway tour.

Oddly enough, I had to call WDW-Tour today to see if the January dates were up yet (they aren't), so I asked for you.

The bad news - they discontinued that tour a while back and only offer the 2 hour tours.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!
Nancy

I wonder if they're doing the little trials of Segways still in Innoventions. You stand in line, you get a chance to try one out inside the little fenced-in area. I don't think there was a charge for this.

A couple things to keep in mind I think....Segways are pretty easy to operate, but you do need to be able to stand for two hours or whatever the whole time is and if that is a problem, might not be a good idea. Second thing is that when you off-road on a segway or even go over bumps, etc., you need to bend your knees more to absorb the shock better...so even if your Mom thinks she could stand for the whole two hours to do the tour, the Epcot one might be a better option.

Maybe you could call and find out if your group could sign up for the Epcot tour and if after the first hour she doesn't feel like she could continue, would they refund your money for the outside portion like they would if there was a rain out... I really don't know what they would say, but I suppose it couldn't hurt to ask.

Oddly enough, I had to call WDW-Tour today to see if the January dates were up yet (they aren't), so I asked for you.

The bad news - they discontinued that tour a while back and only offer the 2 hour tours.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!
Nancy

Thanks for asking and getting a definitive answer. I think we will try what UrsulasShadow suggested and try the Innoventions trial to see if she feels comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter