Epcot Segway Tour cancelled - all of them

If it was a liability issue the tours at Fort Wilderness would be cancelled as well.
Not sure of all the details of their lawsuit from last year. It was not a liability suit, it as an ADA suit where people where demanding to be allowed to use segways to move about the Disney property just like wheel chairs.

I had a reservation for March 18. I called and was told it was cancelled, and I would be issued a refund. I was given a pone number for Epcot guest relations for more information.

When there was a canoe accident on the rivets of America at Disneyland 30+ years ago they were also removed from the Magic Kingdom even though there were no incidents at the Magic Kingdom. If there is a liability issue with the Segway tour in Epcot, Disney would eliminate Segway tours IMHO

If the canoes were removed from WDW because of an accident at Disneyland, then why does Disneyland still have the canoes and WDW doesn't?

I've always heard it had more to do with the popularity (or lack thereof) than liability.

Angel Ariel said:
If the canoes were removed from WDW because of an accident at Disneyland, then why does Disneyland still have the canoes and WDW doesn't?

I've always heard it had more to do with the popularity (or lack thereof) than liability.

Appears my memory has failed me as I thought it was due to an accident, however I can find no proof that was the case, my error.

DH and I have one booked for May 6th and we have not received a cancellation notice. We were at Epcot at the end of last month, but we didn't take a tour then. Though we did notice the Character Spot area was being worked on- an area was blocked off and there were little detours to walk through. :)

Angel Ariel said:

Appears my memory has failed me as I thought it was due to an accident, however I can find no proof that was the case, my error.

I still hadn't had a call from them about our Segway tour on Friday, so I popped into Epcot Guest Relations this afternoon to check. They checked my booking and it was already listed as Cancelled/Refunded, but no one had called me (my cell number was correct on the booking).

I tried to find out what is going on, but they were being VERY cagey with information. They did hint that the tours might come back relatively soon (they asked how long we were staying in fact) and that the issue was a temporary technical/backstage one, but that it was definitely NOT with the Segways themselves, or with cast member availability.

They would not commit any further as to how short-term or long-term (or forever) it might be. They were very apologetic though, and made us some alternative arrangements.

Andre

I still hadn't had a call from them about our Segway tour on Friday, so I popped into Epcot Guest Relations this afternoon to check. They checked my booking and it was already listed as Cancelled/Refunded, but no one had called me (my cell number was correct on the booking).

I tried to find out what is going on, but they were being VERY cagey with information. They did hint that the tours might come back relatively soon (they asked how long we were staying in fact) and that the issue was a temporary technical/backstage one, but that it was definitely NOT with the Segways themselves, or with cast member availability.

They would not commit any further as to how short-term or long-term (or forever) it might be. They were very apologetic though, and made us some alternative arrangements.

Andre

That's good to know! Really hoping they will be back for our March 13th reservation!

I just received a call from Epcot guest relations. I had spoken with a tour reservation CM over the weekend and she said we needed to cancel our ressie. The CM from Epcot GR that I just spoke with said basically the same thing. He said they were unable to commit to a date that the tours might be re-instated (implying they might be at some point). He was very professional, apologetic and offered us a little compensation for our trouble.

Another one cancelled. Arrived home from work today with a message saying our tour on 3/15 was cancelled and we would get a refund.

I'm disappointed- it was to be a birthday surprise for DD who turns 16 just a few days before. Oh well- at least she didn't know about it and won't be disappointed.

Now off to think of a replacement gift!

I also receive a cancellation call yesterday for our March 13th tour. I'm so disappointed!

For those of you that mentioned that Disney offered some compensation, could you share what it was - or how should I ask for any kind of compensation? (I'm thinking maybe a discount on another tour or something like that.)

Thanks!

Too bad it was cancelled. My DD will be disappointed as she was happy to finally be old enough and WS is her favorite place in WDW so she was really looking forward to the tour.:furious: I will just have to see if she wants to do the one at FW.

I called on Friday and was told that my May tour was still booked and they are canceling on an as needed basis week to week. She said if the tour is still suspended then we will get a call closer to our tour date. I'm really hoping we get to go!!!

I called on Friday and was told that my May tour was still booked and they are canceling on an as needed basis week to week. She said if the tour is still suspended then we will get a call closer to our tour date. I'm really hoping we get to go!!!

Haven't been following this lately, but has it ever been posted why they are being canceled?

From this it sounds like its something very specific.

My April 23rd date was canceled last week. The person I spoke with said everything up through May 1 was canceled. They would evaluate the situation as time went on. She would not elaborate what the situation was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter